HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Hi All,

I believe Grow2HealMe is right about Free 1. Here is another pic.

DSC_051920.JPG

Free 1 sprouted on May 5th, 15 days ago. I suspected male because of the sacs and less leafs.

This is our first male, so even as a Auto, this seems early to be entering flowering. Guess the males and females mature at different rates?

So it looks like these Freedoms are Autos. Any thoughts or insights?

I've had some problems growing in 4" cups. We have lost a few freedoms. I needed to have them in the tent with a fan from day one. By having them on the table they sprouted lanky and weak. By the time I moved them to the tent I had to turn the fan off in there so they wouldn't keel over. Of course that meant I hurt the sprouts in the tent by turning off the fan. I've added some supports for those plants that needed it and turned the fan back on.

So now I know to sprout in the tent with a fan. Another lesson learned.

The pH is on the acidy side. Need to check tomorrow.

Peace. :peace:

Hi All,

I believe Grow2HealMe is right about Free 1. Here is another pic.

DSC_051920.JPG

Free 1 sprouted on May 5th, 15 days ago. I suspected male because of the sacs and less leafs.

This is our first male, so even as a Auto, this seems early to be entering flowering. Guess the males and females mature at different rates?

So it looks like these Freedoms are Autos. Any thoughts or insights?

I've had some problems growing in 4" cups. We have lost a few freedoms. I needed to have them in the tent with a fan from day one. By having them on the table they sprouted lanky and weak. By the time I moved them to the tent I had to turn the fan off in there so they wouldn't keel over. Of course that meant I hurt the sprouts in the tent by turning off the fan. I've added some supports for those plants that needed it and turned the fan back on.

So now I know to sprout in the tent with a fan. Another lesson learned.

The pH is on the acidy side. Need to check tomorrow.

IMO, autos are extremely fussy and must be planted directly into the pot they grow in after germination. Meaning, that it wasn't your fault the seedlings were weak; since they were placed in your 4" pots because you thought they were photoperiods. And how about them balls, early detection or what. Must be autos!

I love the mystery and adventure that growing brings...g'niiite...

Thanks Grow2HealMe,

You are right, Free 1 & 2 were planted in the final pots, the others were considered transferable. Though they never reached the transfer stage, I will plant the other Freedoms with this in mind. Thanks for the perspective. :bravo:

I had heard the Overgrow seeds were geared to surviving a Canadian grow season. I guess it makes sense that the ruderalis would be influential. I put a couple in my yard and they're going really slowly, but I'm amazed they're even surviving - we had at least one frost since, probably 2. So this is definitely a resilient strain.

Good Morning All,

This is the status of the seeds/plants.

Durban 1: 1 3/4" tall, standing alone.

Durban 2: 2 3/4" tall, support stake, not tied to it

Dutch 1: 3 1/4" tall, support stake, not tied to it

Dutch 2: 3 3/4" tall, support stake, not tied to it

Free 1: Male, getting cut down today

Free 2: 6 1/4" tall, standing alone

Free 3: Staked and tied, stem not strong enough

Free 4: 2" tall, standing alone

Free 5: Died, stem not strong enough

Free 6: Staked and tied, stem not strong enough

Free 7 never sprouted, Free 8 never germinated.

Welcome GBmore Grow,

Nice to have you drop in. HG says the Northern we grew doesn't give you the munchies either. Of course I might have the wrong strain so wait for her confirmation. LoL!

Peace.

:welcome: GBmore Grow! That is exactly why I wanted to grow the Durban because I heard the same thing.

Im sub'd in and interested in Durban...I've read that most African strains don't give you the munchies樂

But Felonious is wrong, it's the Dark Devil that doesn't give me the munchies not the Northern. Sorry, Hon. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Welcome GBmore Grow,

Nice to have you drop in. HG says the Northern we grew doesn't give you the munchies either. Of course I might have the wrong strain so wait for her confirmation. LoL!

Peace.

Durnit, I don't need the munchies. Maybe I'll plan to use Northern for edibles, so I can take care of the munchies right away. :laughtwo:

No, no,no. Northern isn't for taking care of the munchies. Northern is to be used for anxiety.

Durban is for taking care of the munchies.

Durnit, I don't need the munchies. Maybe I'll plan to use Northern for edibles, so I can take care of the munchies right away. :laughtwo:

Good Morning All,

Regarding the Freedom Dreams...

I just got a report from another source saying the first source doesn't know what they were talking about. This source grew them out to maturity and earns my respect for having completed the grow.

So they are photoperiods AND he says NOT to TOP or FIM them! Just let them be.

Peace and Laughter. :peace: :rofl:

Good afternoon.

It's time for some more photos. The first ones I'll be posting are the 2 Durban Poison plants.

Durban 1 is 18 days and Durban 2 is 16 days old.

Photo_1_-_Durban_1_-_Day_18.jpg

Photo_2_-_Durban_1_-_Day_18.JPG

Photo_3_-_Durban_1.JPG

Photo_4_-_Durban_2_-_Day_16.jpg

Photo_5_-_Durban_2_-_Day_16.JPG

Photo_6_-_Durban_2_-_Day_16.jpg

Next up are the CB Dutch Treat, i.e. CBDutch 1 and CBDutch 2. They are both 18 days' old. [FONT=&amp]CBDutch 1has some yellow spots on some of the leaves. I'll be posting the close-up to see if anyone knows why?

[/FONT]
Photo_7_-_CBDutch_1_-_Day_18.jpg

Photo_8_-_CBDutch_1_-_Day_18.JPG

Photo_9_-_CBDutch_1_Leaf_-_Day_18.JPG

Photo_10_-_CBDutch_2_-_Day_18.jpg

Photo_11_-_CBDutch_2_-_Day_18.JPG
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

And, now finally, here are the Freedom Dreams. Felonious had to put Freedom 1 down as he turned out to be a male but Freedom 2 is looking good and we're pretty sure she's female. She's at Day 24. Freedom 6 is the same age as Freedom 2 but there's a huge difference in size (I don't know why). And, Freedom 3 and 4 are 17 days' old.

Freedom 5 is dead and Freedom 7 and 8 never even came up.

FREEDOM 2 - DAY 24

Photo_12_-_Free_2_-_Day_24.jpg

Photo_13_-_Free_2_-_Day_24.jpg

FREE 6 - DAY 24

Photo_18_-_Free_6_-_Day_24.jpg

Photo_19_-_Free_6_-_Day_24.JPG

FREE 3 - DAY 17

Photo_14_-_Free_3_-_Day_17.jpg
Photo_15_-_Free_3_-_Day_17.jpg

FREE 4 - DAY 17

Photo_16_-_Free_4_-_Day_17.jpg

Photo_17_-_Free_4_-_Day_17.JPG

They're all looking really good, HG. The size difference in Freedom Dream 2 & 6 is really something, though. :yikes: But I guess the good news is that you know which one to clone if you like the strain. ;)

Yeah, I guess, as long it's not an auto though. Right?

They're all looking really good, HG. The size difference in Freedom Dream 2 & 6 is really something, though. :yikes: But I guess the good news is that you know which one to clone if you like the strain. ;)

Hello my garden family, overall you got some healthy plants. IMO, those couple of spots look like misc drops . marked from liquid, no biggie, it shouldn't spread. Clones from autos are not viable for transplants. The FD strain is quite a mystery plant, my advice could be overturned. But what I do know is that you guys are taking care of bizness. Nuff said. My best to you's. ..

Back
Top Bottom