HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

:welcome: to my journal, VexGrows!

It's almost finished but I'll post a link to my new journal when I start my next grow if you want to follow along.

Keeping written records is hard for me as it hurts my fingers to write (and besides that, I hate my handwriting :cheesygrinsmiley: ).

Cell phones and tablets have "note" apps, and more available for download/installation. These devices have a microphone button on their virtual keyboards, and seem to do a fairly good job at transcribing the audio.

I don't know whether you'd be able to find an app that's directly compatible with your spreadsheet, though.

Cell phones and tablets have "note" apps, and more available for download/installation. These devices have a microphone button on their virtual keyboards, and seem to do a fairly good job at transcribing the audio.

I don't know whether you'd be able to find an app that's directly compatible with your spreadsheet, though.

Thank you, TS.

Now that I've got essentially 2 grows under my belt, I think I can figure out a better way to track water and any other items. Now that I have Amy's advice from Teddy and can start to think of my plants as separate grows, that gives me a different perspective.

I'm essentially going to make a calendar like Amy's but in Excel and I'll save a copy to my tablet and use that in the grow room to keep track of each plant.

By the way, it's nice to see you. I was thinking about hunting you down. :battingeyelashes: You know I miss you when you're not around.:hug:

Good evening, folks.

I harvested both Girl Scout Cookies today. GSC1 was 121 (+80) days old and GSC2 was 116 (+80) days old. The trichomes look mainly cloudy on both from what I can tell but it's too late because they've been chopped and hung to dry. Here are the photos:

Photo 1 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC2.jpeg

The photos before and after are GSC1, GSC2, GSC1, GSC2 in that order.

I also was trying to test out a new macro lens on my camera but I haven't quite figured out how to focus it correctly. Here are the better photos:

IMG_0865.jpeg

IMG_0867.jpeg

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0884.jpeg

And, that's it for now. The CBDs still have a little ways to go.

Thanks, dynamo. It doesn't look like much but as long as I get more than I got from my Dark Devil grow, I'll be happy for awhile especially because 4 out of 5 of my next plants are all for fun. :Rasta:

Congratulations HG!! :cheer: :yummy::ganjamon:

Have you tried GSC before?

Thanks, sy. I've personally never grown GSC before but Felonious did and I love the strain.

Woohoo! :woohoo: They look great HG! Nice going!
:passitleft:

Thanks, Amy. I am learning. Soon I'll be on to the next grow and it will be better than this one and as long as I continue to get better with each grow, I might actually start enjoying it more.

WEEKLY UPDATE

I fertigated the CB Dutch Treats today, still with 15g of MegaCrop to 10L of water. CBD1 and 2 both took 6L and CBD3 took 4L.

CBD1 is 38", CBD2 is 33" and CBD3 is 32". Here are some photos for you. I think I'm getting a little better with the macro shots. Let me know what you think.

CBD1 - Day 122 (+81):

Photo 1 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 3 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 4 - CBD1.jpeg

CBD2 - DAY 122 (+81):

Photo 5 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 6 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 7 - CBD2 Macro.jpeg

Photo 8 - CBD2 Macro.jpeg

I have 4 more photos so I'll start another post.

WEEKLY UPDATE cont'd

CBD3 - DAY 120 (81):

Photo 9 - CBD3.jpeg

You can see that I didn't manage to spread out the leaves enough so there aren't a lot of good colas. :(

Photo 10 - CBD3.jpeg

Photo 11 - CBD3.jpeg

Photo 12 - CBD3 Macro.jpeg

Photo 13 - CBD3 Macro.jpeg

And, that's it. Now, I have to go back and fix the name of CBD2. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks like you're getting close! Is that macro lens designed to sit directly on the camera lens, because it seems like the images are mostly the darkness of the holder, which is throwing off the camera's auto-focus.

You can see that I didn't manage to spread out the leaves enough so there aren't a lot of good colas
Do you mean you didn't lay out the branches after topping?

Looks like you're getting close! Is that macro lens designed to sit directly on the camera lens, because it seems like the images are mostly the darkness of the holder, which is throwing off the camera's auto-focus.
Yeah, the instructions said to put the lens directly on the camera lens. Here's the one I bought:

1607543561638.png

Do you mean you didn't lay out the branches after topping?

I would say that for this one, I didn't do a very good job. The other two are good, though.

Hey I enjoyed looking through your 2 grows looks like you did a great job and are improving nicely... I tried my hand at growing a couple of times but ended up getting spider mites and white powered mildew both times and now I’m not in a situation that’s feasible to grow so I gave all my equipment to my mom to use... anyways I just wanted to drop this picture of the instructions for that microscope so you can get some better pics of those trics... there should be a focusing barrel just below where your phone attaches to the lens... hope this helps... happy growing... I’m not on here very often but I’ll probably watch along your next grow
F499F63D-5004-4B49-B948-B7A6D35468A6.png

I just reread your post and realized you probably already knew about all this... but I hope it helps anyways lol

Thanks for the thought, howsjosh and welcome to my journal. I do have those instructions and have been attempting to do as they say but haven't had much luck so far. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom