HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Have you considered not watering that way at all? AI would put the water gauge in a junk drawer, lift the plants to see when they need water, and water from the top to runoff every time they need water.

Also, if you have some wire racks, put the plants on those inside the saucers to allow airflow to the bottom of the pots.

Thanks, Shed. The plant pots are on risers inside plastic pot trays. Felonious waters from the bottom so that's why I'm doing it that way. I could change the way I water if you think that's best.

I 100% recommend top watering: when the pot is light and watering to some runoff every time. Bottom watering may never feed the entire rootball and is totally variable based on the size of the saucer, the ability of the medium to carry water to the top of the pot, and the patience needed to keep refilling the saucer over what could be hours.
Okay. I'll try it. Thanks, Shed. You'll see whether it's helping or hurting on my next weekly update.

Have you considered not watering that way at all? I would put the water gauge in a junk drawer, lift the plants to see when they need water, and water from the top to runoff every time they need water.

Watering from the top, and watering "all over" instead of in one spot, and then allowing gravity to pull that water downwards, probably helps oxygenate the root zone. One of the causes of droopy plants is poor root zone aeration. There are others, of course. Watering by schedule instead of according to the plant's thirst can be another.

You've now done the hempy style of passive hydroponics and soil. Are you ready to do a 23-gallon reservoir single plant DWC SCROG yet, lol? I'm partially kidding with that; such things are best done with something other than a single-component nutrient, IMHO. But have you decided on what you'll be doing next?

:ciao: Stone. I just had some popcorn but found it too salty so switched to grapes instead.

Green Grapes.jpg

You've now done the hempy style of passive hydroponics and soil. Are you ready to do a 23-gallon reservoir single plant DWC SCROG yet, lol? I'm partially kidding with that; such things are best done with something other than a single-component nutrient, IMHO. But have you decided on what you'll be doing next?

Hi TS.

I thought I had already posted this in this journal but I can't find it so I guess I didn't. :hmmmm:

I am planning on growing 2 Carnivals and 2 Raspberry Cough plants in ProMix using MegaCrop again. I'd like to do ProMix and MegaCrop again so I can see if I can do more growing tasks on my own without having to ask you and the other 420 members all the time. :battingeyelashes:

Oooh refreshing grapes! Have you seen the Caramelized Grape Pie (Alton Brown) Recipe? I haven't tried it yet but...

Sorry Stone, that pie doesn't really appeal to me. I like my grapes fresh and juicy. I don't even like wine.

Now, if you had warm blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream on offer, I'd be all over it. I don't like blueberries except in things like pie, muffins, etc. :battingeyelashes:

WEEKLY UPDATE

It's been two weeks since I last posted as last week was really busy. In the meantime, I'm still trying to figure out when to water. I really hate that they could all be watered on separate days if they haven't dried out yet. I don't want to have to open the tent every day and lift each plant to see if it needs watering.

The first time I watered them to run-off (November 24), I checked them at 3 days and they were still really heavy and then I forgot to check at 4 days but by 5 days, they weren't looking so good. So, the next time I watered (November 29), I checked at 3 and 4 days but they were still too wet and so I watered them at 5 days but they all took different amounts.

So the first time to run-off, they were watered at 5 days by accident when they probably should have been watered on Day 4. However, this last time, they were still really heavy at Day 4 so Day 5 was the correct day.

CBD1 took 2L, CBD2 took none, CBD3 took 5L, GSC1 took 4L and GSC2 took 2L. However, GSC2 took 2L on Friday, the only one that needed water.

Also, CBD1 will no longer be moved as its main stalk split in two and is now taped back together thanks to Felonious. It's also being lifted with a string attached to the top branch and the light.

CBD1 Bandaid.jpg

And, the final thing I discovered when trying to splint CBD's stalk is that I appear to be quite allergic to the leaves brushing against my skin. My arms got crazy itchy when I was trying to splint it. Good thing I'm not allergic to the ingestion of it or topicals. That would be a real bummer.

Here are the photos.

Group Photo:

Photo 1 - Group Photo.jpeg

The dark leaves belong to CBD3. It's interesting how it looks so different from the other 2.

CBD1 - Day 116 (+75):

Photo 2 - CBD1.jpg

CBD2 - Day 116 (+75):

Photo 3 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 4 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 5 - CBD2.jpeg

CBD3 - Day 114 (+75):

Photo 6 - CBD3.jpeg

Photo 7 - CBD3.jpeg

I'll start a new post for the GSCs.

GSC1 - Day 116 (+75):

Photo 9 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 11 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Day 111 (+75):

Photo 12 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 13 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 14 - GSC2.jpeg

Any idea by looking at the photos to determine how close I am to harvesting? I'd like to get started on the next grow soon.

Back
Top Bottom