HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Gotta be happy with these after the DDA grow. That's a tough strain to start with! Looking good. :thumb:

Is it always raining where you are or it that just the windows that make it look that way?

We have had some rain but it's probably just the angle of the window through the plant or something.

Also, for this grow, I've been upping the Mega Crop on your say-so. How do you know when to up it?

Right now I think you're at 5.7g/gallon (if my math is correct) so unless you are seeing the leaves complaining I don't see any reason to bump it up. Cal-mag is more for a deficiency that would look like brown spots on the leaves rather than yellowing though. With MC we usually bump the feeding amount first rather than supplement with something additional.

I don't see anything particularly concerning other than some leaves on the GSC2 with the browning on the edges. Given that the other GSC looks good I'm not sure I would try to correct that at this point.

Right now I think you're at 5.7g/gallon (if my math is correct) so unless you are seeing the leaves complaining I don't see any reason to bump it up. Cal-mag is more for a deficiency that would look like brown spots on the leaves rather than yellowing though. With MC we usually bump the feeding amount first rather than supplement with something additional.

I don't see anything particularly concerning other than some leaves on the GSC2 with the browning on the edges. Given that the other GSC looks good I'm not sure I would try to correct that at this point.

Okay. Thanks, Shed.

Please excuse the intrusion, as we help one of our valued Sponsors.

Sierra Natural Science has been a 420 Mag Sponsor for over a decade, and we finally talked them into getting active in the forums. Please show them around, subscribe and promote this thread and show them how much we truly appreciate them.

Meanwhile, if anyone has any pest or disease control questions for SNS, please let them know in their thread.

Has anyone used SNS before and can share your experience in the thread above? :thanks:

WEEKLY UPDATE

I'm still fertigating at 15g of MC to 10L. Each plant took 2L. Here are the photos:

CBD1 - Day 95 (+54) - 38" Tall:

Photo 1 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 3 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 4 - CBD1.jpeg

CBD2 - Day 95 (+54) - 30.75" Tall:

Photo 5 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 6 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 7 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 8 - CBD2.jpeg

Weekly Update cont'd....

CBD3 - Day 93 (+54) - 32.25" Tall:

Photo 9 - CBD3.jpeg

Photo 10 - CBD3.jpeg

Photo 11 - CBD3.jpeg

GSC1 - Day 95 (+54) - 21.5" Tall:

Photo 12 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 13 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 14 - GSC1.jpeg

Weekly Update cont'd....

GSC2 - Day 90 (+54) - 26" Tall:

Photo 15 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 16 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 17 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 18 - GSC2 (front).jpeg

And, here's a sneak peek at some of what I'm planning on growing next:
Winter 2021 Grow.jpeg

Just curious but do you know approximately when they'll be done?

sneak peek
You go HashGirl :high-five:

Current plants are looking great, I love this pic below! Nice family.
Photo 18 - GSC2 (front).jpeg

With timing, I look at the breeders estimations and count the days/weeks from pistils appearing in the tops. when it’s about 10days out from that projected date, I start looking at all the things I wrote about recently - including trichomes but also general look and smell and if the ‘thirst’ is diminishing.

You‘ll read it right when the time comes. How many weeks into flower are they now?

Just curious but do you know approximately when they'll be done?

The bud is at peak potency when the maximum number of trichome heads on its flowers are milky/cloudy.

Or did you mean know ahead of time? Assuming you wait to change the lighting schedule until the plant is sexually mature, and then don't screw with the lighting (change hours of uninterrupted darkness to lesser or greater than 12, add/remove lights, change spectrum) during the flowering period, don't make any changes to the root zone area, don't do anything to artificially manipulate the stretch via chemicals/hormones or temperature... the 40:60 rule works with most strains - so you can count the number of days in the flowering stretch and multiply that number by 1.5 to calculate the approximate remainder of the flowering period. See:

You go HashGirl :high-five:

With timing, I look at the breeders estimations and count the days/weeks from pistils appearing in the tops. when it’s about 10days out from that projected date, I start looking at all the things I wrote about recently - including trichomes but also general look and smell and if the ‘thirst’ is diminishing.

Aren't pistils the white and orange hair-like part of the flower like this one here. If this is correct, I have no idea when they first appeared. I didn't know to track that.

Photo 3 - CBD1.jpeg

You‘ll read it right when the time comes. How many weeks into flower are they now?

They're almost 8 weeks into flower. (55 days)

The bud is at peak potency when the maximum number of trichome heads on its flowers are milky/cloudy.

Or did you mean know ahead of time? Assuming you wait to change the lighting schedule until the plant is sexually mature, and then don't screw with the lighting (change hours of uninterrupted darkness to lesser or greater than 12, add/remove lights, change spectrum) during the flowering period, don't make any changes to the root zone area, don't do anything to artificially manipulate the stretch via chemicals/hormones or temperature... the 40:60 rule works with most strains - so you can count the number of days in the flowering stretch and multiply that number by 1.5 to calculate the approximate remainder of the flowering period. See:

That is so cool. Thank you, TS, I will give it a read.

That is so cool. Thank you, TS, I will give it a read.

Old-school cool :cool:.

:rofl:

Most of the information on that website was compiled years ago (the copyright notice states "1997" for the first year) - there's even an article on upgrading a Phototron :rolleyes: . But some of it might be of some use, and it's something "new" to read. Here's a direct link to its main page:

I assume it's okay to post that; it's not a cannabis forum, and there are no sp*nsors in competition to the ones that advertise here. And I've posted it a few times over the past 11 years, so...

have no idea when they first appeared. I didn't know to track that.
And now you do! :D :high-five:

I’m not sure about that thing TS is talking about. That would mean if a plant only stretched for 2weeks, then it’d be ready in another 3. That’s a 5 week flower :hmmmm: Seems a risky calculation too seeing as other factors than genetics can inhibit stretch. I thought my recent post about harvesting - which was inspired in part by your questions at the time - covered most of the technical elements that growers around here talk about as well as the pure instinct and connection to each plant aspects. I think growing is alchemical, spiritual and practical :).

i dropped back in to link it ;) in the text above. Just in case you forgot it was there :laughtwo:

What strain have you grown that has a (natural) stretch phase of only two weeks? Least I ever observed was (IIRC) 20 days. I don't recall what strain it was; long time back and all that, some kind of indica. I do remember that the longest stretch I ever loved to hate saw was just over eight weeks, and that was one of the two Nevil's Haze mothers I had - a whispy, viny, sadomasochistic %*@# that I wish I had right now. It wasn't exactly devastating, but you could roll a joint, light it... and end up lost (trying to remember whether you'd walked to wherever you were or driven), with half the unsmoked joint forgotten, in your hand. Didn't so much expand your mind as diffuse it across several acres ;) .

I listed several "artificial stretch period length modifiers." Feel free to add more.

Back
Top Bottom