Freedom Dream Community Grow Journal

[FONT=&amp]Here are the weekly photos of our Freedom Dreams. Felonious had to put Freedom 1 down as he turned out to be a male but Freedom 2 is looking good and we're pretty sure she's female. She's at Day 24. Freedom 6 is the same age as Freedom 2 but there's a huge difference in size (I don't know why). And, Freedom 3 and 4 are 17 days' old. We think these are all female.

Freedom 5 is dead and Freedom 7 and 8 never even came up.

[FONT=&amp]FREEDOM 2 - DAY 24

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Photo_12_-_Free_2_-_Day_24.jpg

Photo_13_-_Free_2_-_Day_24.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
FREE 6 - DAY 24
[/FONT]

Photo_18_-_Free_6_-_Day_24.jpg

Photo_19_-_Free_6_-_Day_24.JPG
[FONT=&amp]

[FONT=&amp]FREE 3 - DAY 17

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Photo_14_-_Free_3_-_Day_17.jpg
Photo_15_-_Free_3_-_Day_17.jpg

[FONT=&amp]

FREE 4 - DAY 17
[/FONT]

Photo_16_-_Free_4_-_Day_17.jpg

Photo_17_-_Free_4_-_Day_17.JPG

Good afternoon, folks.

Here are the weekly Freedom Dream photos. Number 2 is doing very well and is a lot taller than any of the other plants. However, Freedom 6 has been determined to be a male so Freedom 6 is no more. ☹️

Freedom 2 is at 31 days as was Freedom 6. Freedom 3 and 4 are at 24 days each.

FREE2 - DAY 31

Photo_1_-_Free_2_-_Day_31.jpg
Photo_2_-_Free_2_-_Day_31.jpg

FREE 3 - DAY 24

Photo_3_-_Free_3_-_Day_24.jpg
Photo_4_-_Free_3_-_Day_24.jpg

FREE 4 - DAY 24

Photo_5_-_Free_4_-_Day_24.jpg
Photo_6_-_Free_4_-_Day_24.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
FREE 6 - DAY 31 - MALE
[/FONT]
Photo_7_-_Free_6_-_Day_31.jpg
Photo_8_-_Free_6_-_Day_31.JPG

Good morning.

It's time for the weekly photos. Felonious planted Freedom 2 in the back forty because it was getting too tall for the tent. He had a look at it this morning and he says it's struggling and he thinks it might be too windy for the plant so he might stake it tomorrow. I suspect it's also thirsty as it's been really hot and muggy here the past two days. It was already 80 at 8 this morning.

Freedom 3 and 4 are both 30 days' old.

[FONT=&amp]FREEDOM 4 - DAY 30
[/FONT]
Photo_1_-_Free_4_-_Day_30.jpg

Photo_2_-_Free_2_-_Day_30.jpg

Photo_3_-_Free_4_-_Day_30.jpg

[FONT=&amp]FREEDOM 3 - DAY 30
[/FONT]
Photo_4_-_Free_3_-_Day_30.jpg

Photo_5_-_Free_3_-_Day_30.JPG

Photo_6_-_Free_3_-_Day_30.jpg
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't posted but I never seem to know where this journal is.

At day 49 (Friday June 23 2017) Freedom 2 went into flower. She is now 51" tall. Guess she is not an auto.

I'll try to post pics of Freedom 2, 3 and 4 later.

Peace. :peace:

Hi All,

Here is the text of an e-mail I got about Freedoms.

"Hey so I took a peek in that thread, and it got me thinking about how I got some of these seeds last year, and this year but I think they were made with totally different parents, ie they dont seem to have been bred with the same care in mind as the seeds we usually get. Last years definitely seemed to be more consistent, this years seem to not enjoy being in small containers. Im doing some experimentation still to see if I can figure out what exactly is going on here, but I fear I may never know for sure. I know that they produced 5 million seeds versus 2.5 million from last year, and this year it seems like 2-3/10 will pop through soil, whereas last year they almost all sprouted. So these definitely seem to be of suspicious quality in terms of the parents, and the seeds themselves seem to be of much lower quality. I wish I still had my bag from last year, but when the new ones arrived I was tidying up and didnt even consider that they might not be the same quality.

Oh well, Im still going to try and at the very least try to add some cbd to some of the strains Im running now, they might still be fairly useful in this sense

I do know that as I look closer at the plants from this year, I am feeling less confident in these genetics as a solid building block for developing a high cbd strain with desirable growth patterns."

Genetics might explain what we've been seeing.

Hey Grow2HealMe,

Great to see you back in the game. We are all hoping this ear thing clears up without a hitch.:circle-of-love:

I'm hoping Freedom can add some CBD to the medicine cabinet. We will have to see how it goes. In the next indoor grow we will try FIM the Freedoms to see if they can grow in the tent.

Good Morning,

Four days ago, Monday the 26th, I measured the Freedom Dreams. Freedom 2 is 51" tall, Freedom 3 is 35" tall and Freedom 4 is 19" tall. Freedoms 2 and 3 are outdoors and in their 3 gallon pots. Freedom 4 is still in the tent, also in a 3 gallon pot.

Last Friday (the 23rd) Freedom 2 went to flower. That is day 49 since sprouting. Eight weeks of flowering takes us to August 18th.

Even with all the rain and cloud cover we have had, a photoperiod plant shouldn't be going to flower before the end of June.

Since Freedom 3 is 1 week younger than Freedom 2, I'm going to check this morning to see if she is about to go to flower.

Last friday Freedom 2 went into flower at day 49. She is 51" tall.

Hey JPinkman,

How old is the plant? How long in flower?

Do you think it is an auto? Auto with suspect genetics?

The fact that our Freedom 2 and 3 went to flower outdoors in june/july leads me to believe my friends assertion of unstable genetic auto's. Do you concur?

I expect we will cut Freedom 2 and 3 by mid august. Have to wait and see...

The puppy is 13 weeks now I think?

So when the FD hit its 7th node I cut a clone off it. Eventually they both started flowering under 24/0 so I concluded they were autos. The plant was tall and stretched so as an experiment I cut it all down into clones. 6 survived and went into 1 gallon pots under 12/12 (more room in that tent at the time). They are growing out as single cola plants. That first one cut was the biggest and the rest (cut a week or 2 later) are all pretty small becuase their veg growth is done. Now that I think about it I should probably harvest them all because unlike a photo clone they are all on the same timeline.

Welcome GhostFacePurp,

I've been trying to stay away from Freedom 2 and 3 outside because they are both visible from both neighbour's decks. It is me being there that draws attention, not the plants themselves. But today I had to water them so here are some pics...

Pic 1: F4 31" TALL

Pic 2: F3 COLA

Pic 3: F3 42.5" TALL

Pic 4: F2 COLA I see trichomes!

Pic 5: F2 COLA

Pic 6: F2

DSC_054418.JPG

DSC_054312.JPG

DSC_054221.JPG

DSC_054116.JPG

DSC_054017.JPG

DSC_053916.JPG