HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Hi All,

When I dug the holes for the plants in our small forest, I was surprised that the ground wasn't more moist. I thought being in the forest that the soil would be wetter and richer.

That said, the soil is much wetter than past years. We will see how the plants make out.

Peace. :peace:

Hey scrogster,

We had planned on having these plants grow outside after the middle of June on our new deck, but with all the renovations (and contractors) we had to keep them in the grow tent. When they got too big for the tent it was either cut em down or try a gorilla type grow at the back of our property. Just couldn't cut em, so we are hoping for the best!

Hi All,

In a P.M. I was advised that I had used the wrong spelling of Guerilla. As soon as it was brought to my attention, I thought "damn!".

So rest assured fellow gardeners, there are no gorillas in our forest. There are, however, in the most north-west corner of The Hammer, Giraffes, Elephants, Bison and Lions.

Oh my...

Hi All,

In a P.M. I was advised that I had used the wrong spelling of Guerilla. As soon as it was brought to my attention, I thought "damn!".

So rest assured fellow gardeners, there are no gorillas in our forest. There are, however, in the most north-west corner of The Hammer, Giraffes, Elephants, Bison and Lions.

Oh my...

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:rofl: Soooo funny you are.

Hi! Mind i join to watch the rest of this grow?

It's the first realtime journal i'm subbing in to. Am currently educating and entertaining myself reading SweetSue's first grow journal - about halfway through. It's like reading a great "can't put it down" book!

Anyway, that led me here so I thought I'd see about pulling up a chair.Grow is looking really interesting (diverse in more ways than one!) :popcorn:

Welcome Amy Gardner!:welcome:

Thanks for dropping by.

Reading Sweet Sue's stuff is always informative and never a waste of time. I believe she is a Jedi Master:adore:

As I have said before, the renovations around here have really caused problems with our summer grow. The plants have spent too long indoors. That said, the CBDutch plants seem to be loving being transplanted into the soil in our forest. The 3 Freedom dreams are still in their plastic pots and are doing OK. I'm thinking I might transplant Freedom 4 into the ground since it has yet to flower.

The other two, Durban Poison 1 & 2, are still in the tent. My lack of gardening skills and dedication plus the high temperatures in the tent are causing these plants to struggle. Now that I see transplanting helped the CBD's, I think it might be time to transplant the Durbans.

My big concern is a dry August. If that happened then I'd have to carry water back to the forest in view of the neighbours. That wouldn't be good.

On the downwind side from our plants in the forest, it is about 50 feet to the neighbour's fence. I can smell the Freedoms when I'm close to them but have never noticed their smell downwind.

:welcome: Amy. Always happy to have someone new joining us. I agree with Felonious that Sue is probably a Jedi Master. She is a truly amazing person.

Anyhow, pull up a seat and we'll try to keep you entertained.

:circle-of-love:

Hi! Mind i join to watch the rest of this grow?

It's the first realtime journal i'm subbing in to. Am currently educating and entertaining myself reading SweetSue's first grow journal - about halfway through. It's like reading a great "can't put it down" book!

Anyway, that led me here so I thought I'd see about pulling up a chair.Grow is looking really interesting (diverse in more ways than one!) :popcorn:

Welcome Amy Gardner!:welcome:

Thanks for dropping by.

Reading Sweet Sue's stuff is always informative and never a waste of time. I believe she is a Jedi Master:adore:

As I have said before, the renovations around here have really caused problems with our summer grow. The plants have spent too long indoors. That said, the CBDutch plants seem to be loving being transplanted into the soil in our forest. The 3 Freedom dreams are still in their plastic pots and are doing OK. I'm thinking I might transplant Freedom 4 into the ground since it has yet to flower.

The other two, Durban Poison 1 & 2, are still in the tent. My lack of gardening skills and dedication plus the high temperatures in the tent are causing these plants to struggle. Now that I see transplanting helped the CBD's, I think it might be time to transplant the Durbans.

My big concern is a dry August. If that happened then I'd have to carry water back to the forest in view of the neighbours. That wouldn't be good.

On the downwind side from our plants in the forest, it is about 50 feet to the neighbour's fence. I can smell the Freedoms when I'm close to them but have never noticed their smell downwind.

Hi All,

Today I transplanted the Durban Poisons.

I did not take any pictures but will take some on Thursday, as I am out of town tomorrow.

Here are 7 pics taken on August 6 and 7.
DUTCH 1

20170806_082433.jpg

DUTCH 2

20170806_082450.jpg

FREEDOM 4

20170806_082514.jpg

FREEDOM 3

20170806_082506.jpg

FREEDOM 2

20170806_082500.jpg

DURBAN 2

20170807_095640.jpg

DURBAN 1

20170807_095628.jpg

HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Hey FeloniusP, from the dates of your pics they don't seem to be more than a few days post transplant. I'm sure they'll bounce. I wish I had some groovey outdoor growers advice for you but I'm quite a noob, have only grown twice outdoors with very medium success. The only thing that comes to my mind is something like Seasol (that's what it's called here anyway - seaweed treatment, good for stress relief) and to say they look to have taken ok to the transplant.

I'm sure someone with more grow mojo will check in to offer some and advice and encouragement - keep the faith!!

Hi All,

As we progress with the plants outdoors, I can now envision next year's grow. I am now planning on having plants in the ground in the forest. As well we will have plants in pots on the deck. CBDs in the forest, others on the deck?

The Durbans have been in the ground a week now.

Yesterday I threw caution to the wind and hit them hard with some 20-20-20 that I got at Canadian Tire. Each plant got about 5 litres of the nutrient laced water.

Today they are looking healthier. I suspect the roots have taken and the Durbans needed the food.

This is Durban Poison #1

20170814_154902_-_Copy.jpg

This is Durban Poison #2

20170814_154906_-_Copy.jpg

I know they are hard to see, but both have new growth and are looking better.

Thanks for the positive vibes!

Hi All,

Since Saturday all the plants, except one, are looking better.

We were away in Ottawa to see a concert and sightsee for a couple of days. We toured the grow when we got back and found Freedom 3 had finally died. It was just too wet for her I guess.

Hi All,

Since Saturday all the plants, except one, are looking better.

We were away in Ottawa to see a concert and sightsee for a couple of days. We toured the grow when we got back and found Freedom 3 had finally died. It was just too wet for her I guess.

Here's what I was Doing instead of canna-CPR on Freedom 3.

Bi-Plane

20170821_140653.jpg

G 'n R Concert
20170821_223932.jpg

*Welcome (back) to the jungle...;)

Hi All,

Since moving the plants to the forest and putting 4 of them in the ground I am understanding the subtleties of container growing. I hope this helps with the fall and winter grows.

The Durbans are doing better with new growth on top. They are around 3 feet tall. I watered them with the Canadian Tire grow food my successful farmer friend recommended. I am also using this food on the CBDutch plants, who are both a tad over 6 feet tall.

This is the quiet time before harvest. I think Freedom 2 will be ready for harvest in a week or two. Freedom 4 is still a ways off. I expect the Durbans and Dutch won't be ready until near the end of October, like the Hash Plants last year.

So I'm thinking of putting a few plants in the soil in the forest next year. Does anyone have experience with plants in the ground? Will the roots run deep enough to find their own moisture? Can it be plant and wait, or will they need more attention?

Here are some recent pics.

Dutch 1

DSC_058937.JPG

Dutch 2

DSC_058632.JPG

Durban 2

20170814_154906_-_Copy.jpg

Durban 1

20170814_154902_-_Copy.jpg

Hello Dynamic Duo, it's been great following your plants along. They are gorgeous in their natural setting aren't they? Shame we have to conceal such natural beauty...until Aug 2018 YEAH! hahahaha

At least next summer you guys won't have a construction crew up in your CBD. But then again, you are learning so much from the outdoor enough to wanna try it again. Kudos FP & HG for adapting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom