HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Hi All,

Oldbear, are you asking about shade/some shade/direct sun?

These plants are in what I'd call dappled light. Ed Rosenthal says Cannabis loves light and full sun is best. This is important for growing buds. While our plants are thriving in the forest, the crop may be smaller because of the lower amount of sunlight reaching the plants. I don't think one should sacrifice security for a more robust crop, but that is my bias. Any crop we get will be a bonus because if they didn't move to the forest, we would have had no crop.

We had a nasty storm come through here on Labour Day. As anyone watching the Tiger-Cats game on T.V. knows. I was at the game and as the winds howled around I wondered how the plants were doing. On Tuesday morning I found all was good.

So Oldbear, full sun if you can.

Peace. :peace:

Hi All,

The downside of this forest grow has been the Freedom Dreams. Because they are in pots they have been a little waterlogged. The classic sativa tall and single shoot profile has led to more mold. It was fine late last week, but I waited to pull it because it was designated as a gift for a friend to juice. Didn't hear back from friend until it was too late. Freedom 4 is the sole surviving Freedom. Made me kinda sad.

The Durbans and the Dutch have gone into flower.

Those Freedom Dreams seem like a great concept, but it seems like the genetics are all over the place. I kept my baggie all the same to see how they worked out for you guys and any other folks growing them. But I bought Candida too and think I'll stick with that for now.

I wonder if you'd have had the wet pots / mold issues in a normal summer? This one has been so unusually wet.

We had a nasty storm come through here on Labour Day. As anyone watching the Tiger-Cats game on T.V. knows. I was at the game and as the winds howled around I wondered how the plants were doing. On Tuesday morning I found all was good.

Isn't it cool how resilient they are?? ..

How're things going? Are they finishing ok? Love to see some pics of the dappled light ladies, where they're at now...

Hi Amy et al,

We are a couple weeks into flower and all looks good. These will flower until late October. I hope we avoid frost until then.

Here are todays pics.

DUTCH 2

20170920_164117.jpg

DUTCH 1

20170920_164059.jpg

DURBAN 2

20170920_164042.jpg

DURBAN 1

20170920_164035.jpg

Hi both! They're going ok in their dappled light, hey?

I posted this over at the community grow, but thought I'd drop in here too and share well wishes. I'm really pleased you're going to get a harvest from your improvisations. Are the renos going ok? Can be some of the most stressful times...

Do you guys have a favourite? The Durbans look especially nice from the photos, I guess the colas must be fattening now? How are they handling the hot spell?

Hi All,

The renos are mostly done and what renos are still ongoing, we have our new shed to dry and trim in. So thankfully the renos are no longer interfering with the grow.

The buds on all 4 plants are small right now. We are hoping the end of this record setting hot spell (ending this week, maybe tomorrow?) gets them bulked up. I might have to stake them to prevent damage. The heat has been tough, but I gave them water and nutes. They responded well.

We haven't posted much lately. Felonious harvested our 4 plants on Tuesday, I think. They're currently hanging in our shed but we're moving them into the laundry room because the humidity in the shed is just too high and we're supposed to get lots of rain tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night so that's good. He was worried about the smell in the house but honestly the place smells like pot most of the time anyways and I figure if we keep the laundry room door shut, it should be fine.

I have some photos I took before they were harvested but I must admit I'm not sure which plant is which plant. All I know is that the CB Dutch were taller than the Durbans but I thought I should post them anyways. It was also hard to get a good photo as the wind made it hard to have it stay in focus. I hope they look okay here. Felonious said he took some photos of them after they were harvested so I'll have to see whether they're worth posting or not. Anyhow, without further ado, here are the photos I took:

IMG_049255.jpg
IMG_049160.jpg
IMG_049055.jpg
IMG_048951.jpg
IMG_048853.jpg
IMG_048754.jpg
IMG_048559.jpg
IMG_048464.jpg
IMG_048358.jpg
IMG_048158.jpg
IMG_047646.jpg
IMG_047555.jpg
IMG_046661.jpg
IMG_047360.jpg
IMG_047461.jpg

HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Brilliant! Thanks for posting. It is difficult getting pics out in the elements isn't it?! You did well! & that last one shows some decent stacking...

So glad you guys have a harvest hanging to dry! ..

I'm planning on making fresh harvest oil with the Magical Butter machine this weekend with the leaves and trim of both plants. It's Grow2HealMe's recipe and it's supposed to make the medicine more potent. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm planning on making fresh harvest oil with the Magical Butter machine this weekend with the leaves and trim of both plants. It's Grow2HealMe's recipe and it's supposed to make the medicine more potent. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Take some pictures. I'll be making some with a pressure cooker using up the sugar leaves and popcorn buds. We'll be making oil together. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey HG sweety, big hug
When you make it, just make sure you try it with the lecithin in the MB2. It just saves time from adding laster. Plus, It maximizes absorbtion and really brings out the potency. Also, you can add more plant material to my recipe, as long as the material is covered by oil. Mine was for brain people servings. Just in case you have more you want to put in.

So excited for you!

Good Morning All,

It smells very lemony in here this morning. HG is decarbing Durban Poison and it smells great!

Below you will see pics of our harvest in mason jars. The Durban is the pic with the empty jars who gave their contents to todays decarb. The other pic is the CBDutch haul.

So our summer grow was much less than last year's, but considering how bad it had gotten, we are pleased with the fact we have anything to show.

The CBDutch really seemed to stretch when they got planted in the forrest. Even though they are sativa dominant, I think the dappled light caused them to stretch when they were first transplanted. Trimming might have helped too, but I stayed away as much as possible so as not to attract attention.

20171111_084515.jpg

20171111_084206.jpg

Back
Top Bottom