Fun Solo Cup Grow x 20 - 12/12 From Seed - Freedom Dream

Welcome everyone to my fun and experimental solo cup grow! This thread is more for something to do I think and to take up some unused space lol. Anyone that is willing to pitch in some ideas for these plants, maybe some side by side experiments, torturing, topping, whatever might be interesting to try if the plants will take it. Lets see what we can do :)

Strain is Freedom Dream - These are supposed to be a high CBD strain (8-12%) but I can't really find a lot of info on it, they are some of the seeds from Dana Larsen's "Overgrow Canada" tour that I had left after giving a bunch away. Rumored to be a cross of Blue Dream and Freedom 15 or Freedom Baby... Not really sure, wish I could find more info on them..

Dirt they will be in is my 100% organic soil less seedling starter mix, mostly made up of sphagnum peat moss, I added 25-30% more perlite to the mix

Light they will be under is just a 430W HPS with a batwing reflector, will start off with the light a little farther away so we don't harm the young seedlings. If I notice the first few aren't liking the HPS right off the start I will throw them in the veg tent somehow.

Room temperature when I have the HPS on along with the fluoro's in the veg tent is around 25.. It could get higher, that was just a test run. Hopefully with autumn starting and winter on its way I can keep the room cooler than that since it drives my veg tent up to close to 30+/-.. RH sits around 50-60 upstairs lately.

I will give these plants some light nutrients to see what they can do for this strain, it will be the GH Flora Series trio along with Armour Si for added silica.

That's about it I think to get us started.. There is nothing special about this grow. I am simply seeing what these plants can do, what kind of bud they produce and having some fun with it along the way. All of this product in the end will likely be made into oil which should be high in CBD.

So far just a couple of pictures for ya, I haven't turned the HPS on yet. I got 8 seeds in dirt already, just waiting for more to germinate. If not enough out of the 20 I put down crack, I will put some more into paper towels until we get 20.

SAM_4355.JPG
SAM_4356.JPG

Thanks for stopping in freakbudz! I had thought about vegging them for a couple of days and then going into 12/12 but they will be staggered starts anyway since 8 are in dirt now. If it start them all in 12/12 it gives each of them a fair advantage lol. I am not concerned about yield from this grow. This will be strictly pain medicine if it is as high in CBD as they say, not likely for smoking, will see what happens lol

Thanks for stopping in freakbudz! I had thought about vegging them for a couple of days and then going into 12/12 but they will be staggered starts anyway since 8 are in dirt now. If it start them all in 12/12 it gives each of them a fair advantage lol. I am not concerned about yield from this grow. This will be strictly pain medicine if it is as high in CBD as they say, not likely for smoking, will see what happens lol

Perpetual Solo Cup grow haha. I like it!

Perpetual Solo Cup grow haha. I like it!
No this one won't be perpetual. I put all the beans in paper towel at the same time, 8 were cracked when I got home so just waiting for the rest to pop, maybe tomorrow.
Looks like fun! Pullin up a chair!
Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for stopping in, enjoy the show, hope to have them all broke ground in the next couple days.

Subbed... :passitleft:

Subbed! As you know I just harvested 3 of those seeds myself! Thanks dick!
Right on bud, glad to see ya here.
How did they trim up? Got em dried yet?

Subbed... :passitleft:
Thanks for coming by grizz, happy to have ya!

I'm here! First page, yeah... *looks around to find the best available seat*
It's gonna be like a mini sea of green. So exciting!
:passitleft:
Still lots of seats available around here, we got a whole other room upstairs lol Should turn it into a lounge area... but they we have no guest room haha

Oh man, I'm in on this! I'm going to be gap filling in my tent with a little SOG just the same but from clones.
Hey rasta, nice to see you're making some rounds through the journals! Gap filling is always nice, clones makes it easy but I just don't have the time or equipment for that right now, nor do I have a mother plant yet, need to grow out all these strains first and then find one.

Good morning dick! I actually just got the dry weight on those 3 this morning. It was about 15 grams. I smoked a nice fat joint this morning and although it's nothing to brag about it did get me a little buzz. Smoked nice tasted ok. Shoot me a text later if you wanna stop by and try one!
420-magazine-mobile84679341.jpg

Good morning dick! I actually just got the dry weight on those 3 this morning. It was about 15 grams. I smoked a nice fat joint this morning and although it's nothing to brag about it did get me a little buzz. Smoked nice tasted ok. Shoot me a text later if you wanna stop by and try one!
420-magazine-mobile84679341.jpg

Right on man, better than nothing right :) If you had of got them started earlier outside I'm sure they would have been a decent size, there's always next year unless you decide to grow some inside lol. I will see what I can get out of this solo cup grow with them. Will be in touch and pop up some day soon, it's baby day today, going to hospital tonight, got moved ahead a day.

That's a lot of solo cups..looks like one of my grows. Lol

I'm watchin brother
Sweet bud, good to have ya! Lets hope this takes right off.

Nice,will follow this solo cups grow.Grets from Croatia ;)
Poslano sa mog SM-A300FU koristeći 420
Thanks for stopping in ljacve, pull up a seat where ever and stay a while :)

Now this is going interesting. 20 seeds in a solo cup sog, I like the endeavour to say the least. Wouldn't miss is it my friend, good luck to you and to those little solo cup babies. You should have lots of fun with, I'll be there to enjoy the laughs.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Nope, no baby yet, will be soon, thanks for checking in! I will let you all know when he arrives and how things are!

It's a boy! The only time I will be this glad to say it lol 10 fingers and 10 toes, he's good to go! Thanks everyone who left the kind words!

**Quick Update**

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. I am here for a bit today with a quick update on my journals before doing some more running around today. Not a whole lot going on yet but we do have some babies!! We also have a few mutants that need to be pulled out and replaced. There were 4 seeds that didn't pop out of 20 that I threw in the dirt before leaving the other day, they never sprouted, and a couple others that didn't want to sprout. No worries though, I have a dozen more in paper towel waiting to pop and go in the dirt to replace all these duds and mutants lol Not much else to report here today, I will get a more informed update on the next one.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, I do have them under the HPS light now on 12/12 so some of these plants had like 2 days of veg but shouldn't really make much difference, it's all for fun an experience anyways, I may even change a few thing around.. The new ones that get planted I may put them in promix instead of the seedling mix and compare differences that way.

Thanks all for stopping in, here are a few pics for the update! Take care!

SAM_4388.JPG
SAM_4386.JPG
SAM_4387.JPG

Back
Top Bottom