Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

Gorgeous! Go back and look at your last few pictures of Nebs. She is still growing! I wouldn't cut her for at least two more weeks. I know, I know... The trichomes don't lie right? Is she still drinking? If you want to take her soon, I'd give her a good flush of water and a week. What I think would work better is just giving her straight water for a couple of weeks. That plant hasn't shown any sign of coming to the end of its life. She is beautiful!! Good job sir!
I trust your judgement sir. I gave her a thorough flush tonight. So I should just keep giving her straight water, correct? I couldn't judge the amount of drinking, it had only been two days since I gave them water and they were both still damp. I did nothing to Eva tonight, but when she is dry it will be feeding time. Eva's leaves are showing no signs of displeasure of the last feeding. The only problem with her leaves is she keeps growing so fast and burning herself against the light lol.
So, I continue feed-feed-water for Eva and do straight water for Nebula from now on. I haven't started my critical cure seed. I'll need to wait until Eva is at the end. I was hoping to find a little spot on the closet floor to start her, but space is very limited. I'm going to start her by the window once Eva is almost ready so that hopefully when it is time to top the CC, the tent will be empty.
Thanks for the heads up on Nebby!

looking good. did you run leds and cfls in flower or just the leds? the 12/12 from seed plant is looking nice and big too. is the lighter side of her facing the leds most of the time? nice growing :high-five:

looking good. did you run leds and cfls in flower or just the leds? the 12/12 from seed plant is looking nice and big too. is the lighter side of her facing the leds most of the time? nice growing :high-five:
Nebula has had led since flower. Eva has always had cfl and a splash of led, Nebula takes the entire led footprint. Eva is taller than the led now, so she only has two cfl above her. When Nebula comes out I will raise the led and give it all the Eva and turn the cfl off. Or, maybe I'll hang two cfl on each side of her. Depends on temps of I run led or led and 4 cfl for her.
I have no idea what kind of weight to expect from each girl. If I can get a couple of ozs from Eva, I would be thrilled!

The weird lime green leaves I know now are strictly a genetic thing, I rotate Eva every time iI get inside the tent.

If Nebula is drinking less does that mean she is close?

I've got the exhaust fan running all the time now instead of just when lights are on. The smell is creeping out, strongly! Nebula seems to have stopped her weight and isn't forming any "new" trics. Seems to be as amber, if not more. Eva is huge, great spacing between nodes and forming buds at every spot. You can see at the main colas that trics are forming even on the large fans leaves! Wonderful! Eva is drinking, a lot.
Eva
CAM017551.jpg

CAM017571.jpg

Nebula, 8 colas as long as my hand
CAM017541.jpg

Inside, I have read some people trim all the buds except for the mains when topping. I'm glad I didn't, her inside buds really picked up steem the last few weeks
CAM017531.jpg

Nice, fat and heavy girl
CAM017511.jpg

Looks great, I'll feed till leaves yellow and them it's a 2 week water only diet. Leaves look to green to be very close.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

If she's drinking less, she's definitely getting closer. Just by looking at her, I'd give her a good flush (next time she drys up) and a week of water. I'd make the decision next week to cut her or give her 1 more week. Grab a middle flower, trim it, dry it, and have your sister sample it in 5 days! Looks great CD!

Cloning isn't real difficult. It can be much easier if you just pay attention to a couple things.

First.. The lower you take your cutting, the easier it will root.
Second.. You don't want intense light. I use a CFL and keep my clone 18" away or so.
Third.. Keep them moist. Not wet, you want her to work a little.
Fourth.. If you can, use a medium with no nutrients and give them none until you see roots.
Fifth... Keep her warm. My seedling area is between 85 and 90.

I use coco for cloning. I've used soil the exact same way but it takes a bit longer and it's tough to keep the stem "packed in". Rock wool works too, peat pellets, etc.. It's all good. I have to use domes because my RH is so low. I reccomend them for a start. If you have higher RH, you won't need to mist them as much.

Here is my basic setup. I put the dome just for the pic. This lady is just waiting for a transplant. These are the two lowest shoots off a CBD plant.

image11081.jpeg
image11080.jpeg
image11079.jpeg

They rooted in about 2 weeks. I cloned the tops of of 2 GDP plants. They rooted in about 3 weeks. I dropped them in a cup of soil and they are just hanging out. I'll probably flower them in October. You can see the 2 CBD girls were a small way into flower. They were cloned and are under 18-6.

Cut low, keep it alive, and it will root. Not too sure about gels and powders. I don't use them.

Good luck!
Thanks for the help! We did take the clones. We have pics of them posted in our journal. If you have a sec, will you stop by and check them out? I think the only thing we are doing differently is the temp. Last I checked it was 81°F.

Flushing :rollit:

I originally posted this on b.real 's thread and thought I'd pop it here too since you are thinking of flushing...

I've been doing some reading regarding flushing and I think on my current grow I'm not going to flush at all.. Just feed right up until harvest. There is mixed opinions on it, but quite a few 'sources' have raised issues with potentially stressing the plant by not providing nutrients during the final week or two of growth.

Since this is a time when the buds put on quite a lot of their final weight, it makes sense that not providing nutrients could harm the overall yield. Will be very interesting to see if it affects the taste much at all as what I have been reading seems to suggest that properly drying and curing is more important to flavour than flushing. (providing there is no nutrient burn etc)

A little food for thought when it comes to squeezing every last gram from the plant ;)

I'm my experience, green leafs mean bitter taste on exhale. If you want quick flush look at final finish or now it's flawless finish. That will lock out soil and allow you to feed deeper into flower.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks guys, for all the advice. I chopped half of Nebula yesterday. The wife wasnt too happy, it smelled up the house for 2 hours! My trimming is now restricted to the garage at night after every one is in bed lol. I only cut half because I wanted to see the difference. Maybe I'll give Nebula another feed and then 2 more waterings, I dunno.
Just wanted to give a quick update, life had been pretty busy the last few weeks, in a positive way :).
My state's House Health Committee has a new chairperson. I've had a few telephone conversations that have been extremely positive. He is supportive of the idea of mmj and says the urban reps are more receptive of an mmj bill. He is working with the sponsors to change some of the wording, most importantly is the name of the bill. We both agree the term "marijuana" should not be in the title of the bill. He feels there would be traction if it was proposed as a patients right type of bill. I'm really excited about this.
Anyway, here is a picture of half of harvested Nebula
CAM01818.jpg

I'll get a better update soon!

27 dry grams. This is only half of Nebula, the other half is still in the tent, still being watered. From what I remember from trimming the first half, these buds are thicker and definitely more trics.
I think it was at 60 I cut down. Herbies say 60-65 days. She is a late bloomer, but she did have a rough childhood. I'm very happy that I will get 2 Oz off her. This will allow me to do two batches of oil, so if I jack the first, I'm sure I can tackle oil challenge.
I'm in my 6th month of chemo, taking the pill everyday. Pill isn't too terrible, but by 6 months every joint in your body hurts, fatigue, no appetite, just starts to really affect you. I'm closer to battling my brain tumor on my own terms. I'll do what my doctor and I talked about. I'm in an illegal state, but she has told it is perfectly safe to try but that she isn't allowed to "recommend". I've been with the same group of doctors for 9 years, and every single one has said cannabis is safe to try, yet illegal.
Eva is doing great! Lots of crystals forming on the fam leaves at every bud site, so I'll have even more trim.
Sorry for lack of pictures, promise I'll get some soon :)

Congratulations on your harvest & the "Oil" you will be making.:bravo::high-five::Namaste:

:love::cco::love:

Ok. Just chopped the other half of Nebula, we will call it harvest "2". It is pretty to close to being exactly one week apart.
Since harvesting last week (harvest "1"), I've only watered once. The soil was gone dry for harvest 1 and 2. So, my guess is that she was consuming water as normal. Harvest 1 I trimmed for looks, bag appeal. But it is only for me, so harvest 2 has more sugar leaves on it. This is my oil harvest, I'll have some left for smoking. Harvest 2 is much thicker and covered in trics! I have a real jar this time, I have a better idea of drying now.
I'm dieing to get some pics of Eva up, just never have the chance, she did get a full feeding dose last night. I did take some tonight during trimming.

Nebula, the second half
CAM01831.jpg

Trimming table set
CAM01838.jpg

Final result
CAM01840.jpg

I'll be dropping my Critical Cure soon! I may start a journal for the CC, not sure. If not, I'll be posting in the memorial thread.

Congratulations on your "2" harvest, your rocking it :high-five::bravo:

You can just keep this journal going :Namaste:

:love::cco::love:

Back
Top Bottom