Colesdad Tries Again - LED - GGG Baby Freedom - Ideal420 Soil - 12/12 From Seed

those are female calyxes, they are not male parts. congrats on your harvest. do you have a scale?

Update time!
Followed by question time!
Eva is alive and well. She got her first watering this morning, just enough to wet the soil around her with a spray bottle.
CAM01466.jpg

Nebula, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
CAM014601.jpg
CAM014612.jpg

Now the QUESTIONS part...
Eva is very stretchy, but, he environment is different than any other plant I've grown, because, she is at 12/12 from seed. I've always run my cfls with the 6500k bulbs. But I've read that a lower spectrum is better from flowering, so, she has 2 5000k bulbs. The cfls are at the same height I've always done for my seedlings. Is her stretch because of the lower bulbs, because she is going straight 12/12, or should I not even worry?

Here is the bud from AB2
CAM01469.jpg

Not very pretty, I know. She is super dry and crispy, she was only hanging for a few days in the closet. But no biggie, I've learned something because of it! Here are the AB's jarred together
CAM01471.jpg

I have a question about the dryness of the harvest. Bag appeal isn't important, it's for me only. As far as its potency, is it fine like it is now? Should I try to rehydrate it? Do you think I may have lost some potency from it drying too quickly? I'm going to change my drying routine next time, I've learned what not to do this time. One good thing is, I certainly don't have to worry about mold lol. I'll still burb the jar though, just to be sure.
Thoughts, comments?

Don't rehydrate it yet. Give it a couple days in the jar and check again. Next time you are at a cigar shop, get a boveda pack (rh 65). Don't worry about Eva yet. You,re going to school on this one. You can sneak that 6500 CFL 3-4" away (don't block the LED though). She's got to go through a grow stage before flower even at 12/12. Nebs looks great!

How far is your Led away?

I really don't get the 12/12 from seed...butt...each to their own...just glad to see you have some medicine in a jar...Best wishes Cd...and continued success...cheerz...h00k...Post script...I would keep that CFL inches away from Yer girl without the LED...but styles differ from one to the next...

I really don't get the 12/12 from seed...butt...each to their own...just glad to see you have some medicine in a jar...Best wishes Cd...and continued success...cheerz...h00k...Post script...I would keep that CFL inches away from Yer girl without the LED...but styles differ from one to the next...

I find plants grow better under full spectrum LED than CFL. In my opinion, that seedling would do better under LED with a CFL "boost". If it were a "veg" scenario, I agree.

One option CD is just a single CFL 23W for a week or 2. Many ways to skin a cat but I really like growing to the 5th node in solo cups, transplanting to 2-3G, topping, heal for a week and move her into the tent. i don't put any of my youngsters in a tent. Good luck sir!!

Thanks Spitz and Hook. Eva is positioned like Nebula was when she shared the tent with the ABs. She is in the back corner with two cfl, and receiving a splash of led. I think I'll change the cfl bulbs back to the 6500k for a few weeks. Now that AB2 is out I have moved the led to about 18 inches above Nebula. You think that's good, closer, farther?
I was going to feed nNebula this morning, but I woke up late and didn't catch them before lights out. Running the lights and fans at night has helped with the smell. It only smells like pot from 9pm to 9am now lol. And it makes it more enjoyable. When I check on them around 10pm they always look great because they are just waking up and reaching for the lights. On the downside, I have to do my watering and pictures after 9pm,which interrupts the wifey while she watching tv catching up on the Real Housewives lol.
Thanks for the answers, for your input and your encouragement! Havea great weekend.

Hook, I'm doing the 12/12 from seed to try something different. Nebula is huge because she was waiting on the AB to finish, so had 2 months of veg. Her size is great, but for a rookie, it is kinda overwhelming. I have a Mars 300w led and she is taking the entire footprint all to herself. Come harvest time, I'll havea choice of Autoberry, Nebula and Eva, and this is plenty of pot for me. If 12/12 from seed gives me a harvest like one auto, then that would make me happy. I'll also have the expirence of an auto, a 60 day veg and a zero day veg, so this would great for this newbie!

Should be an interesting 8 weeks to follow! Good luck!! How's her smell?

The smell, wonderfully awful lol.
The other night the wife stopped me in the bedroom, held my hands and looked me in the eye, "baby, I love you, but please, please do something about the smell", then kissed me and walked on.
So, I did something that I haven't done in nearly 10 years, I got a credit card.... If you eliminated my medical collections, my credit is actually very good. But we have been a cash only (minus car and house) for many, many years. We were fortunate enough to have the mandatory financial troubles in the first few years of marriage. We were 20,both making excellent money and lived like ballers. Then she lost her job, and then we grew up.
So I'll be ordering a filter after spring break. Then after harvest I'll invest in kitchen equipment to make my oil. I peeked on the girls this morning, Nebula has loads of bud sites. I may trim her a little, but not sure yet. Eva is standing tall, a little to stretchy for me, but she will be fine.

Quick update.
Nebula is as she always has been, doing great. I was thinking of clipping off some of the bud sites that will probably not do much because of how shaded they are from the light. But, I'm just going to leave her alone now and let her do her thing. I may clip a few fans leaves, but nothing drastic. Having come so far, the last thing I want to do is fuck it up.
2 weeks into flower
CAM014911.jpg

Hair, hair everywhere!
CAM014971.jpg

Eva is doing well. I have to keep reminding myself that she is small because she is only getting 12 hours of light. She has only needed a little spritz of water, so no official watering yet.
CAM01488.jpg

Thoughts, comments?

No reason to cull fan leaves in flower. If bugs or issues arise it's better to have surplus of leaves. Un used leaves will self cull. Tuck fan leaves under flowering sites to expose them.

Cheers

Hello there 420ers! Sitting on the deck at the beach this morning, enjoying a cup of coffee and the salty air. We had a chance to get away for a few days and decided, even though the weather isn't quit beachy, we would go anyway. Didn't get a chance to come last summer, and usually we go 4 or 5 times, so this is really nice.
Feed Nebula before we left. The watering before yesterday was a good, heavy flush. Put her in the tub and ran about 4 gallons through her, cleaning the soil and washing away any salt build up. She responded very well. She is 3 weeks in flower.
CAM015301.jpg
CAM015261.jpg

Eva wasn't looking so good, very pale and her oldest leaves were brown and curled at the edges. But, I think I know why. I remembered her soil is 50/50 roots and happy frog, because I was saving enough roots organic to fill another pot 100%. So, she is lacking food. When I left I have her a watering of 1/4 strength nutes. I'll find out in a few days if this works.
CAM01528.jpg

Home, and time for an update...

Eva is 3 weeks old. She looked sad before we left, so she got a super small amount of food. She looks great, a little deeper shade of green and two new, beautiful, leaves. I have her a good amount of water at full veg strength nutes. I decided on a heavier feed for two reasons ;first, she is technically old enough, and secondly, it will take a while for her to absorb all the water so I wanted it to have enough food while doing so.
CAM015462.jpg
CAM015441.jpg

Nebula, she is being such a good girl. Nice dark green, very full and really starting to bud, everywhere. Stems are strong and trunk is thick. She also got a full feed this morning.
CAM015362.jpg
CAM015413.jpg

I usually like my women fully shaved and waxed, but I'll make an exception for her.
CAM015431.jpg
CAM01542.jpg

Thoughts, comments?

Back
Top Bottom