Pantagruel's Durban Lights - Half-Pound or Bust

When I switched to LED one of the things I missed most was having the HPS ballast and reflector top to quick dry on :) Glad I hooked it back up for vegematating.

Hope it gets u nicely medicated :)

We just rolled a little spliff. I let the missus have most of it but I got a really nice rush from just one small hit. She says it is really strong. I think the quality test is a pass.

Yeah, the bubblegum started to go diesel at the end, but as it dries the sweetness is coming back.

I think my growing skills are pretty average, but one thing I am getting pretty good at is curing. I'm an aspiring chef so I have a pretty good sense of how to cook plants to a desired consistency, and curing is a lot like cooking, really slow cooking.... :)

Damnation. The lockout issues have taken hold fully on the next two girls in line for harvest and are starting on the last three too. I'm almost certain now that this is a salt buildup problem. Even using a small amount of our hard tap water is obviously deadly. My TDS pen is supposed to be here Monday. Meantime I am going to load up on distilled water for some major flushing. I guess I will have to buy distilled/RO water from now on, seems like even the rainwater isn't immune to the salinity issues around here. :(

Damnation. The lockout issues have taken hold fully on the next two girls in line for harvest and are starting on the last three too. I'm almost certain now that this is a salt buildup problem. Even using a small amount of our hard tap water is obviously deadly. My TDS pen is supposed to be here Monday. Meantime I am going to load up on distilled water for some major flushing. I guess I will have to buy distilled/RO water from now on, seems like even the rainwater isn't immune to the salinity issues around here. :(

Sorry to hear that Pantagruel :( I'm in the same position and keeping jugs of water on hand is a hassle. What are you able to save?

Sorry to hear that Pantagruel :( I'm in the same position and keeping jugs of water on hand is a hassle. What are you able to save?

I guess a good plant is worth a few jugs of water. I can wait an extra week, we'll see if the flush I did today has an effect.....

hey mate nice buds indeed ,you talk about a lockout issues in the next plants to harvest , how much time till harvest that plants , cuse it is normal the plants show deficiencies in the last weeks unless you don't stop feeding plants 2/3 weeks prior to harvest ,and that is a mistake , in my case I stop feedings 3 weeks prior harvest , I only give plain water to the girls in the last week's (lots of water),that serve no t only to clean all the soil from nut's but also oblige the plant to start heating her self , cuse lots of the nuts you gave the girls hare stored on n the leafs , I use a organic line now but I cut nutes 2/3 weeks before end

Thanks Fr3d. I did stop feeding, but I grow in organic soil so the deficiencies should be minimal.

I had to pull the Durban Poison - the deficiencies were crisping all the sugar leaves so I wanted to get what usable bud I could. She had hermied. Quite a mess. Of the four remaining girls, one Durban Lights is also showing some deficiency problems, but her buds are packing on weight still. I'll pull her when I get back from my birthday trip this weekend. The other 3 are fine, with less than 2 weeks to go.

Sep24DPharvest.jpg

Pulling a Durban Lights tomorrow. Some of the sugar leaves are starting to crisp on her too, but some of the largest buds I have produced yet so it will be a better update and a better day :)

edit: finally bought the cleaning solution for my ph meter. That should help. Things are a fair bit more acidic around here than I thought. Damn thing cost me as much as a good LED by the time all the calibration and cleaning solutions are added in. PH, TDS, CalMag. Hopefully there isn't much more that can go wrong....

Back
Top Bottom