Durban Lights Fluxed Plus Pure Kush

Wow, I've sure been missing a lot on the forums the last few months it seems. Since at least I have some cash now with all the shifts I thought I might pick up a new LED since I originally wanted to keep one for the greenhouse business and I'm growing with both now. Pretty happy with the Tops so I check, see they're now Mars-Hydro and they have a new "Sun Series" in development. Hopped on the thread to ask Sara about it and, whoa, what a show! Now I'm nervous to even ask anyone about the new developments in LED tech. I know the high end stuff like Budmaster is phenomenal from reading Light Addict's journal, but I don't have that kind of cash. But I do want some of the newer technology.

Meanwhile, in my little grow room, I think I put too much vermiculite in my soilless mix, plus the pot may be a bit too large. Bottom line, the pot isn't drying out thoroughly and growth is somewhat slow compared to the sisters in their little pots which dry thoroughly in 2-3 days. I plan to repot my main flux girl in a 2 gallon (with a dryer mix) since I know you can still get great yields from a small pot a la LA's recent harvest!

Repotting time. About a month left to veg so the Pure Kush girls will go into 3 gal cloth pots. The Durban Lights flux I'm going to down-pot and change the mix. Gotta find some 1 gallons for the other three Durban Lights....

Repotting done, took over an hour. The pure Kushies are in 3 gallon cloth pots, but only using about 2/3 of the pot. The DL are in about 1.5 gal except the main flux plant which is in a 2 gal.

Overall I'm very happy with the shape of my flux plant, 16 nodes. I stopped training my backup flux plant and will just let her fill in, with the extra inner branches she could end up with well over 20 nodes but will they develop as well? Probably not but we'll see.

Jsn11DLFlux1.jpg
Jan11DLFlux2.jpg
Jan11DLFlux3.jpg
Jan11Canopy1.jpg

Right after these pix were taken the main flux plant at the top completely collapsed, I guess I pruned the roots back a little too aggressively. That's the first time I've seen such a bad reaction to repotting. This morning she still hadn't recovered so I pruned about 8 fan leaves off and watered the root ball, then she bounced back in about 20 minutes. Whew! :thumb:

Well, the transplanting seems to have slowed growth some. Gave everyone a healthy feeding 50% GH FN bloom and 50% DNF Gro plus CalMag. Hopefully they will start bouncing back this feeding.

In other news, picked up some Dinafem Blue Widow for my next run :)

1 x Blue Widow, 2 x Durban Poison, 3 x Kali x ? Hybrids germinating for the next go round.

edit: corrected to Durban Poison, these are the original pure landrace, not my hybrids.

Throwdo :) ill jump in on this one :) :)
Fluxing differs from ML as with fluxing your working totally on the horizontal and stripping all growth from branches to generate one colas per limb.
The technique was discussed at length when I first came up with it and it was decided by others after some debate that with the extra HST and LST used etc that Fluxing stood as its own method. :)
Please feel free to check the quick guide to fluxing listed below in my sig!

Thanks LA!

My three backup flux plants only received the initial flux training, consequently they are much bushier (as the pictures show), but not strictly speaking true fluxes anymore. After some initial shock from the transplant and root pruning my main flux plant (white pot) has finally recovered and started to build vertically. Hopefully 2.5 weeks more veg will be enough! The Pure Kushies are smaller than expected but maybe that's the pheno. The one on the right was just double-topped.

2.5 Weeks to go in veg
Jan28DLCanopy.jpg

Jan28DLFlux1.jpg
Jan28DLFlux2.jpg
Jan28DLFlux3.jpg
Jan28Kush.jpg

Thanks LA!

My three backup flux plants only received the initial flux training, consequently they are much bushier (as the pictures show), but not strictly speaking true fluxes anymore. After some initial shock from the transplant and root pruning my main flux plant (white pot) has finally recovered and started to build vertically. Hopefully 2.5 weeks more veg will be enough! The Pure Kushies are smaller than expected but maybe that's the pheno. The one on the right was just double-topped.

2.5 Weeks to go in veg
Jan28DLFlux3.jpg

Your plant may be receiving too much nitrogen causing the downward leaf curl.

The 2 Durban Poison seeds were no longer viable, they were 2 years old. One of the hybrid seeds germinated but went mushy. Today I will be trying to germinate the last Durban Poison and 2 more Kali x ? hybrids as I like to run 6 plants. The Kali crosses are most likely Northern Lights and/or Lucy.

Getting excited as finally it is almost time to flower. Some good vertical development happening. I've been cutting the light back gradually and I will make the switch on the weekend.

In front are my new seedlings for the next run. I also sprouted my single Kali X Red Dragon seed yesterday. The KaliXRD is going to be my "project plant." I will veg her for the run after that, so 4 months.

Feb10Canopy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom