Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Here are a couple pics of the transkei females.. Getting colour but it could be the temps. Good to know she has some potential for reds.. hoping lol
IMG_20190828_130206.jpg
IMG_20190828_130122.jpg

Tell me your opinion on the differences between Durban and Transkei from a smoking perspective. Are the highs similar? We popped the last three Durban beans we had last night in hopes that at least one will make it. If not, we will just wait for the ones to come in from Sensi to come in.

Are you planning on releasing your landraces commercially? I would definitely be interested in picking some up from you! :high-five:

Tell me your opinion on the differences between Durban and Transkei from a smoking perspective. Are the highs similar? We popped the last three Durban beans we had last night in hopes that at least one will make it. If not, we will just wait for the ones to come in from Sensi to come in.

Are you planning on releasing your landraces commercially? I would definitely be interested in picking some up from you! :high-five:
Yes commercially. :) I'll let everyone know in the proper manner, also want to play by the rules of this fine community.
So with Durban as well as Transkei it all really depends on genetics, pheno, chemotype etc. Different areas produce very very different plants (High wise and growth wise) so Durban Poison could come from anywhere in Kwazulu natal. Some areas produce better plants on average with their being exceptions.The same goes for Transkei. It really depends. These true Land races are not found in the wild anymore. Maybe in a few places so anything could go as to authenticity. They may just be.
To answer your question:
A good Durban is quite similar to Malawi but maybe a bit less space and trippy. Full on energy and concentration. It's clean, no body stone and no mental fogginess. If cut at the optimal time there is no noticeable comedown. Don't expect aniseed, yes it's a pheno but not common and definitely not the best. The best ones are lime, lemon rind , lemon meringue, heavy pine and earth. Sometimes berries. Always a strong chemical 'poison' like smell. Yum.

Transkei has a super bad rap and I understand why. It's a staple low budge weed here in South Africa. In short grown badly. A good transkei is typical of most African Sativa. A pure one will be aa clean as a Durban but much less racey. A very pleasant day time smoke. If you get a rooibaart then its a different story. I could write for hours on that one.
Sorry for the essay and it being all over the place. Cheers

No, thats exactly what I am looking for. I can't stand responses to my question that go something like "they are both great, they will get you high as fuck". Not what I am looking for.....I want details and specifics and thats exactly what you gave me.

The clearness of the Durban is what I love about it. I don't find it racy but sativas don't affect me adversely like they do some people. To me, Durban Poison is like espresso. Energetic, focused, aware and just keeps me going. I have smoked Malawi and love it but I love the more focused high that I get with the Durban. That focus and awareness is perfect for getting stuff done and the reason I want to find another great plant for daily use as well as breeding stock.

I made a cross of Durban Poison with Alaska Thunderfuck that has been a fantastic sativa. The ATF brings amazing pain killing ability and is a nice sativa, but it really shines in the cross with the Durban Poison. I can work for hours outdoors without getting distracted, or my mind wondering off task and still remain pain free in my back. Its my top choice for a working strain right now.

No, thats exactly what I am looking for. I can't stand responses to my question that go something like "they are both great, they will get you high as fuck". Not what I am looking for.....I want details and specifics and thats exactly what you gave me.

The clearness of the Durban is what I love about it. I don't find it racy but sativas don't affect me adversely like they do some people. To me, Durban Poison is like espresso. Energetic, focused, aware and just keeps me going. I have smoked Malawi and love it but I love the more focused high that I get with the Durban. That focus and awareness is perfect for getting stuff done and the reason I want to find another great plant for daily use as well as breeding stock.

I made a cross of Durban Poison with Alaska Thunderfuck that has been a fantastic sativa. The ATF brings amazing pain killing ability and is a nice sativa, but it really shines in the cross with the Durban Poison. I can work for hours outdoors without getting distracted, or my mind wondering off task and still remain pain free in my back. Its my top choice for a working strain right now.
I think I've smoked enough sativa to not get the rollercoaster either. Your description is pretty accurate espresso wise. It's a favorite of mine and always some Durban of some sort in my garden. Some pheno's Will f you up though.
That DTF sounds awesome.
Cheers

that's very interesting van I just happen to have some Durban and some atf just poking there heads out I might just make some of that cross if I get something good!

Its seriously a top notch cross. Its much more focused than ATF alone and the DP doesn't have the pain killing strength or potency that the ATF brings. The flower time on my cross isn't bad....coming in around 10 weeks.

Do you know if your ATF is sativa leaning or if its the indica version that is more common these days?

Its seriously a top notch cross. Its much more focused than ATF alone and the DP doesn't have the pain killing strength or potency that the ATF brings. The flower time on my cross isn't bad....coming in around 10 weeks.

Do you know if your ATF is sativa leaning or if its the indica version that is more common these days?
I like the 10 weeks and im not sure what they are they were gifted to me I guess will see when they get going how they lean im hoping for the sativa leaner! :)

The real Durban has amazing pain killing properties. My partner had a home birth with only infused olive oil to Help with pain. She had a pain free dream birth. Applied to the lower back end of spine. I really hope you get a real deal going so you can seen for yourself the difference. (Above is all my.opinion though )

I haven't found anything that can beat ATF for pain relief for my back. Its instantaneous (I feel relief after the 1st exhale...I can feel the tingling go from my base of neck right down to the disks and the pain is gone. All other strains work to some varying degree, some more than others, but nothing has touched the ATF in the 40-50 strains I have tried. Its shockingly different in the ability to kill the nerve pain.

I have been starting to run more and more landraces and old school strains in hopes of finding something unique/interesting that I am not finding in the watered down crosses everywhere today.

I haven't found anything that can beat ATF for pain relief for my back. Its instantaneous (I feel relief after the 1st exhale...I can feel the tingling go from my base of neck right down to the disks and the pain is gone. All other strains work to some varying degree, some more than others, but nothing has touched the ATF in the 40-50 strains I have tried. Its shockingly different in the ability to kill the nerve pain.

I have been starting to run more and more landraces and old school strains in hopes of finding something unique/interesting that I am not finding in the watered down crosses everywhere today.
Interesting. I've never tried it but it sounds like a good one. If it's doing it's thing for you well that's great. Keep her safe.
I hear you with watered down genetics. It's kak frustrating because by the time you discover it you have already invested time and money into them.

Happy Friday to all. So back from a few relaxing days away. The sun has been out and belting down the last few days. So first some pics of the transkeis. They are finally growing out of the big "starter" leaves and a couple looking super delicate and pretty. I've transplanted a few from the communal pot into their own 10lt bags. There is one beauty that has started to flower.. let's see what she does. Then a pic of the LSD flowering along at its own pace. No trichs yet. The SSH is also going on with flowering and she smells so sweet. Like super sweet bubblegum. Not sure if that's normal? Frosting up on the fan and sugar leaves already too.
IMG_20190823_100038.jpg
IMG_20190823_100027.jpg
IMG_20190823_095706.jpg
IMG_20190823_095638.jpg
IMG_20190823_095630.jpg
IMG_20190823_110847.jpg
LSD
IMG_20190823_095650.jpg

SSH
IMG_20190823_095700.jpg
IMG_20190823_095655.jpg

Just gotta ask... What are the wires on the roof doing?? Antenna?? My first thought was snow melt but I don't think there's that much snow down your way but I could be wrong.

Nice looking plants too. Wow

They are completely different looking leaves. Kinda reminds me of Arugula. Very very pretty. I'm getting hungry for a salad now. All we got is fresh sweet corn from upstate NY. I'm ok.

You're on fire.

Congrats on the seeds. Prayers for a happy landing.

It's electric
Just gotta ask... What are the wires on the roof doing?? Antenna?? My first thought was snow melt but I don't think there's that much snow down your way but I could be wrong.

Nice looking plants too. Wow

They are completely different looking leaves. Kinda reminds me of Arugula. Very very pretty. I'm getting hungry for a salad now. All we got is fresh sweet corn from upstate NY. I'm ok.

You're on fire.

Congrats on the seeds. Prayers for a happy landing.
It's electric fencing to prevent any people from entering the property as well as the neighbours property. There is pretty much no chance that anyone can get to my plants or into my property. It's very very common on houses in South Africa.
Thanks I'm itching for spring. Tomorrow is traditionally the first day I plant seeds so ill be dropping some beans 1 Sept. :)

Back
Top Bottom