Emmie's Organic 10 Week Durban Poison, 2020

I forgot to include a couple of pictures of the big Durbans in the 10g containers. These 10 week'ers don't seem to be as well developed as our Poison Daddies, so maybe that is showing us that the PD's will finish earlier... we will wait and see. With any luck, PD will turn out to be an 8 week strain.

So here are a couple of the big girls, enjoying their time under the awesome NextLight MEGA:

DSCF9163.JPG
DSCF9162.JPG

Bloom, Day 25

Things are progressing well in the bloom room. Everyone got fed today and looked like they needed it... looking a little peaked around the edges. One of the big branches of the largest DP fell down to the floor due to the extra weight of its buds, so for now I rotated the pot 180 degrees and propped the branch up against the wall to see if it could hold its own weight in a day or so after the feeding/watering today. The fungus has stopped spreading due to the new hurricane fan on the wall and things appear to be going well on these long running monsters.

DSCF9163.JPG

The Poison Daddys look amazing. The buds are getting big and puffy and showing that they are going to have no problem wrapping around the main branches and producing some spectacular kolas. These girls are running faster than their DP mammas due to the Kosher Daddy genetics, and it is already clear that they will be finishing out faster too.

DSCF9168.JPG
DSCF9167.JPG
DSCF9165.JPG
DSCF9164.JPG

Lastly, so as to not forget her... Hippy Hash is doing some awesome things too. She has gotten some great color back and really is working on producing some buds under the MarsHydro SP-3000 and we are all very curious what they are going to look like. Who doesn't like an adventure and a bit of a mystery in the bloom room?

DSCF9166.JPG

Well, after the seriously impressive compliment, we made a mistake. My assistant didn't understand me correctly and he gave a second feeding of @GeoFlora Nutrients in a week to my 4 big durbans. Let's be clear... they didn't like it. Here for all the diagnosticians out there, is a clear case of overfeeding. Please note the distinctive claw and the deep color. It is my hopes that we can water our way out of this, maybe by giving a half dose this next time just to bring in some more microbes along with not enough food. Flushing would be a total pita at this point and I am trying to avoid it.

Here is the grim picture. The buds are still developing... but we have definitely hurt things here coming into week 5.

20210426_174020.jpg

I have another update on the rest of the room here at Day 34 of bloom.

First, Hippy Hash is turning out to be a very impressive girl and I really like what I am seeing. I will be growing more of this!

20210426_174130.jpg

Next, the Poison Daddy's...
They are also right at the beginning of week 5 and due for the backbuilding cut. Looking at the buds, I would say we are looking at some 8 week plants here! The pistils are rapidly turning red and the buds appear to be almost ready to enter the last stage of development. I sure hope that these end up having a great flavor and high to them, because this rapidity of maturing will make this a huge producer in the grow rooms. They just look beautiful, don't you agree?

20210426_173951.jpg
20210426_173941.jpg
20210426_173846.jpg
20210426_173908.jpg

Ouch, that is a serious hit to the Poisons. I have total confidence that if anyone can pull them to recovery your the one that will do it.
I also believe that extra watering and a light next feeding will set them on their way to success.
I’m cheering for you.

I have another update on the rest of the room here at Day 34 of bloom.

First, Hippy Hash is turning out to be a very impressive girl and I really like what I am seeing. I will be growing more of this!

20210426_174130.jpg

Next, the Poison Daddy's...
They are also right at the beginning of week 5 and due for the backbuilding cut. Looking at the buds, I would say we are looking at some 8 week plants here! The pistils are rapidly turning red and the buds appear to be almost ready to enter the last stage of development. I sure hope that these end up having a great flavor and high to them, because this rapidity of maturing will make this a huge producer in the grow rooms. They just look beautiful, don't you agree?

20210426_173951.jpg
20210426_173941.jpg
20210426_173846.jpg
20210426_173908.jpg
Very large & beautiful looking PD buds Em.

Can't wait to see the end of PD growing. I wanna see the finished goods & a smoke report. It definitely looks exciting and I may just have to run PD next.

Em do you plan to continue to stabilize the PD strain? (Pd seems pretty strong already) Or just keep making Reg seeds from the best lookin parents?

Can't wait to see the end of PD growing. I wanna see the finished goods & a smoke report. It definitely looks exciting and I may just have to run PD next.

Em do you plan to continue to stabilize the PD strain? (Pd seems pretty strong already) Or just keep making Reg seeds from the best lookin parents?
havent decided yet... as good as it looks, it might taste like burned shoe leather... I do plan on working with it and stabilizing it back down toward the original Durban if it is halfway decent. I just did the backbuilding cut on all but one main kola today... we will see what happens.

havent decided yet... as good as it looks, it might taste like burned shoe leather... I do plan on working with it and stabilizing it back down toward the original Durban if it is halfway decent. I just did the backbuilding cut on all but one main kola today... we will see what happens.
might taste like burned shoe leather
Lmao hopefully not.

Bloom, Day 42
Our Poison Daddys are responding well to the backbuilding cuts and are now piling on the extra weight. They will get fed and watered this evening and given some Terpinator after noting the lower leaf yellowing as the plant finds ways to supply extra nutrient to the buds, and this will probably be their last full feeding after looking closely at the steady development of these buds. It seems clear that this is now an 8-9 week flowering plant and that we are in the last two-three weeks of the grow. These girls are incredibly packed with trichomes already... I suspect that this is going to be some awesome smoke and that we will be growing a lot more of this new strain in the future.

DSCF9178.JPG
DSCF9177.JPG
DSCF9176.JPG
DSCF9175.JPG
DSCF9174.JPG
DSCF9173.JPG

Bloom, Day 42
Our Poison Daddys are responding well to the backbuilding cuts and are now piling on the extra weight. They will get fed and watered this evening and given some Terpinator after noting the lower leaf yellowing as the plant finds ways to supply extra nutrient to the buds, and this will probably be their last full feeding after looking closely at the steady development of these buds. It seems clear that this is now an 8-9 week flowering plant and that we are in the last two-three weeks of the grow. These girls are incredibly packed with trichomes already... I suspect that this is going to be some awesome smoke and that we will be growing a lot more of this new strain in the future.

DSCF9178.JPG
DSCF9177.JPG
DSCF9176.JPG
DSCF9175.JPG
DSCF9174.JPG
DSCF9173.JPG
Truly amazing everything looks fantastic
Let's hope for non shoe flavors

Bloom, Day 47
These poison daddy's are almost done. I had to dig out the loupe to look, just to be sure. I give them less than a week! This is definitely an 8 week plant from the flip, 7 and a half or so from my way of counting bloom starting after transition. This is amazing and with pretty decent sized buds too! We are all super excited about this, and surely there will be a full room of poison daddy's one of these days in a fast turnaround grow.
DSCF9204.JPG
DSCF9201.JPG

The 10 gallon durbans have slowed way down and are going to finish early without a whole lot of large bud development. The sheer mass of these plants will end up giving us a good amount of product, but I am afraid it is going to be substandard quality for me and will probably mostly go towards oil to make edible products out of. There has been a lesson learned in trying to nurse these plants along for so long, and then to think that they could hold up this weight without an elaborate support system... I just wasn't thinking. As we make mistakes like this we are learning the limits of this attic grow area, but we are also dialing in just what IS possible and each grow is getting a little bit better.

I have also been updating our Hippy Hash plant here, so here she is, turning out to be a beautiful and big budded indica dominant. This one is also going to be exciting to smoke.
DSCF9200.JPG

A note on the nutrients and what I am seeing here at the end of the grow. While all by itself, the @GeoFlora Nutrients have gotten us here and we are getting a spectacular finish and great trichome production, I do see a bit of a calcium and a potassium deficiency here right at the end in the upper growth, showing me that for the first time in this grow this plant finishing out has exceeded the limits of the nutes being supplied and is having to take a bit extra out of the leaves in this final push to the end. Turpinator and some calmag might have kept this slight deficiency from happening, and as it is, it is not going to affect the quality at the end, at all.
DSCF9203.JPG
DSCF9202.JPG

This is definitely an 8 week plant from the flip, 7 and a half or so from my way of counting bloom starting after transition. This is amazing and with pretty decent sized buds too! We are all super excited about this, and surely there will be a full room of poison daddy's one of these days in a fast turnaround grow.
I'm excited as ever. Your making me wanna pop a handful

Bloom, Day 54
The first Poison Daddy has been harvested. She was so heavy that she could not hold herself up. Microscope shots show that we had amber at the top. I didn't mess with a period of darkness, I just chopped her and hung her upside down and will worry about trimming and washing later on today.
The remaining PD appears to be good for another few days and then she will get the same treatment. Hippy hash is nowhere near to being done.

Back
Top Bottom