Denver Durban Kush - ProMix HP - RX Green Solution - 1000W HPS

Guano

Hello and thanks for stopping by to check this out!

I haven't done a grow journal in awhile, and my first was so far off the rails that I didn't feel it was worth reading. I've learned a lot since then (with the help of this forum) so I'd like to do a start to finish.

I'm a member of Grow for Vets in Colorado, and at the last get together, they handed out a goody bag that included these. A big thanks to d-seeds!:

DSC_021024.JPG

I planted them about a week ago and here is my setup:

Bucket Size - 3 gallon Smart Pots
Medium - ProMix HP
Lights - (1) 1000w HPS
Nutrients - RX Green Solution
Strain(s) - Denver Durban Kush
# of Plants: 2

I started these on 12-07-15 and today here is where they are at:

DSC_023428.JPG

Critiques and suggestions are always appreciated, and thanks again for stopping by!

Hi, Guano!

I honour you for the help you're giving vets. That's the kind of program that should be EVERYWHERE.

And I can't wait to follow along and learn!

It was one of those things that immediately clicked for me when I first saw it. I signed up that day!

She looks great so far, nice and green!

The site says it's a 50/50 hybrid so I'm interested to see how they shape up. It's not nearly as aggressive as my high CBD, but that one is kind of freaky anyway so it's hard to compare.

Another week, a few more pictures. I was finishing up my second room when I started these, and they sprouted under my HPS instead of my usual florescent light. They seem to be ok though. I bumped my ballast to 75% this past Friday night for my other seedlings, and these don't seem to mind.

I think I blocked my light a bit with this picture. It looks a bit dark compared to real life.

12-20-15-02.jpg

This looks a bit more like it:

12-20-15-01.jpg

There was another Grow for Vets meetup on Friday and the goody bag had a few more of these seeds. If these two turn out to be males, I can try again later.

do you by chance know the genetics of this? durban poison? crossed with?

The full description from their site is:

Denver Poison x Burmese Kush
Indoor/Outdoor
Non-feminized seeds
Flowering Time: 63 days (9 weeks)
Average Yield: 8 oz/2 sq ft
Indica: 50%
Sativa: 50%
Average plant height: 3 ft

I'm looking forward to trying this since I have not had either of those two.

Day 34

Nice broad leaves. They look great.

They're definitely showing their Indica side. I know nothing about this strain, but I prefer Indicas so I'm encouraged.

I did run into some problems with my scheduling over the holiday weekends. Lesson learned for me is to not start seeds just before the holidays. I missed last Sunday's update so this is a catch-up.

I'm still figuring out the Green Solutions nutrients. I'm up to the "Heavy Feeding" mix now which is 20ml per gallon. I fed last night but also transplanted to 5" pots. I wanted to do this sooner but that's life...no need to stress. I also added 3ml per gallon of CalMag.

01-10-16-01.JPG

One is definitely happier. I've read that males grow larger, but didn't think it would show this early. If this does hint towards a male and female though, that's great. I just need one since I plan to clone it. Sorry for the bad focus. It was getting late last night when I took these:

01-10-16-02.JPG

A bit stressed but I think that now they are in larger pots, they should get happier. Thanks for stopping by!

Day 42

The transfer to the larger pots really helped out. #2 really jumped back up, but has developed a bit of an issue. I have some suspicions but wanted to get some thoughts from the more experienced growers here.

I'm still sorting through these nutrients and I'm running these Durbans alongside my Dakinis which are a bit further along. I'm suspecting I overfed a bit the last time. The Dakinis are doing well, but maybe this one Durban wasn't quite ready for that last full strength feeding? I'm hoping the growth spurt she just had will give her a bit more robustness and better able to process what she's getting. Thoughts?

DSC_023920.JPG

DSC_02429.JPG

DSC_024311.JPG

DSC_024419.JPG

I haven't ruled out a deficiency, but I don't think it's an NPK issue...more like a micro-nutrient issue. They are scheduled for a watering today, so I'm going with a lighter feeding and see where she ends up later in the week. Thanks for stopping by.

Day 48

I fed 3 days ago with a mild veg solution. I'm still having problems with plant #1 though. It's frustrating since #2 isn't having as severe of a reaction. It's hitting new growth and the leaves that were yellowing in the last pictures seem to be recovering.

I'm beginning to suspect an iron deficiency. The last round of plants I had were watered with filtered water. They grew great but they were also started from clones instead of seeds.

I'm going to try watering without filtering for awhile. I don't want to add too many things at once, so I plan to keep the light veg feeding as well and see how this coming week looks.

DSC_024914.JPG

DSC_025112.JPG

DSC_025214.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

Day 56

I'm hoping to get back onto the TLC these plants need soon. I had a close friend pass away early last month, and it's had me a bit off my game so to speak.

In my last post, I felt the filtered water was contributing the the mild deficiency I was seeing. New growth on #1 had really turned pale and yellowing towards the end of last week (I goofed a few posts back and called it #2). Last Thursday I watered with plain tap water with 15ml of CalMag per gallon. I also adjusted my pH up a bit to 6.2. It looks like it's working as the plant has responded with green flushing out the yellow. Phew.

DSC_024818.JPG

DSC_025113.JPG

The next time I feed, I plan to get these into 3 gallon Smart Pots. I'm sure the roots could use more room, but I'm having problems with them being over-watered. You can see it in these pictures, so hopefully by next week I'll have them swapped and looking better.

Quick edit. I failed to mention in the post above that I also fed yesterday morning with Green Solutions mild veg mix before heading to work. I just didn't want that to be left out. Still planning to get these into Smart Pots by the weekend.

This will be a two part update. I'm posting this on 02-14-16 but the first update is from 02-08-16

Day 63

I wish I had transferred these sooner, but this is how they looked prior to their new home in 3 gallon Smart pots.

DSC_025018.JPG

Day 69

They really liked the move to the bigger pots. Today (or maybe tomorrow) is feeding day. I'm still having issues with the new growth on #1. Switching to plain tap water seemed to help, but I still have a deficiency somewhere. I'm going to do a plain watering tonight or tomorrow with Epsom salts to see if that helps. My other crop is suffering also, so my problem is bigger than just this one plant.

DSC_025510.JPG

DSC_02589.JPG

DSC_025612.JPG

DSC_025712.JPG

I'm also planning on topping a few days after I water but I want to get this yellowing taken care of first.

Back
Top Bottom