Durban Lights Fluxed Plus Pure Kush

Genetics is awesome! Sounds like you have got the breeding bug. :)

The last three Durban lights get harvested next week, then at least one more for the Pure Kush. In the meantime, here's a peek at one of the Kali crosses from the next batch. I think she's a Kali x Northern lights. The picture shows the plant front and side; she has a nice 'double minorah' profile which I quite like.

Apr11KaliCross.jpg

Harvested the last 3 Durban Lights plants at 9 weeks, about 60% milky, 5% amber. I got about 2 oz from 3 plants but these were much smaller than expected, under a foot each, except for the "Y" shaped girl who was maybe 14 inches. To compare, in the last shot I put one of the Kali crosses from my next batch that are going into flower today. You can see it is already bigger than the biggest plant I just harvested! The flux training really slowed the growth and also the stretch. The quality however is fantastic. I pulled one plant a week ago and already the taste is really smooth and the potency is excellent, a very even effect, mellow but not tiring. I don't usually smoke but I had two (big) draws from my wife's last night and thirty minutes later I started telling her how I was just enjoying the sensation of being in my own body. Nice.

The first and second pictures are the fully flux-trained lady.

Apr18DL02.jpg

Apr18Dl03.jpg

Apr18DL01.jpg
Apr18DL04.jpg
Apr18Buds.jpg
Apr18Compare.jpg

The nugs are on the small side, I'll hit you up next grow round KJC :)

The pure kushies were harvested about 2 weeks ago and have just got a nice little cure going on so I rolled one Saturday night and smoked half myself. Not much flavour at all, hoping the cure will bring it out. Very mild smoke. Came on ok at first. Forty minutes later it was like a big hammer hit me. It was pretty late so I just went to bed. My wife stayed up. She smoked the other half not knowing what it was. The next morning she was like, "What was that stuff?"

We only got a little over half an ounce, that strain is known to be a light yielder, but really unmatched for pain relief and sedation. Four thumbs up!

So that's it for this journal, it can be moved to completed now :)

My next grow is coming along. The Durban Poison is at 6 weeks and looking nice. The Blue Widow has a bit of a sour bubblegum smell. The KaliXNL and KaliXLucy plants are an interesting variety, first grow for them. The Kali Dragon is still vegging but it spends the day in the flower room as it is too big to fit under the T5 anymore. She is a really nice plant.

Canopy 4-6 weeks
May18Canopy1.jpg

Blue Widow 4 weeks
May18BlueWidow.jpg

Kali Dragon still vegging
May18KaliDragon.jpg

Pure Kush, Red Dragon et. al under T5
May18PKRD.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom