4 Strains Under TopLED LG-G04B96

Thanks Light. I realize you have to grow big plants to get big buds so now that I have the two LED's together I'll be trying to fill the room on my next grow. :high-five:

Hey Pantagruel!!!

Looks like your buds are very frosty!! I saw your issues with the lockout, I am dealing with one myself...and have in the past, but you will be fine, just keep tending to them, ph check and adjust your feedings if necessary, and other than that, maybe even a compost tea might help spark them back into life :)

Either way, looks like your buds look delicious!!!!!

I wanted to also invite you to my current journal... I am on day 45 of flowering and things are looking good :) but also have a special surprise tonight that I will be revealing :)

Sorry to have been so long, crazy, crazy, crazy business life. :)

My Durban girl is just over 8 weeks now, her buds are swelling, about 70% milky and 5% amber trichs. I've decided to harvest her because the smell in my house is getting out of hand, even with a new filter. Tomorrow I'm going to put her in the dark just before lights on and harvest on Friday, so she will get 36 hours of darkness. I was reading exactly how that increases THC production and it makes sense to me.

The other ladies are about a week behind her, depending on the strain. Hopefully the smell will be a little more manageable after Friday!

Best of buds bud buddies! :)

Kali Mist, Durban Poison, DurbanxNL, Lucy, Red Dragon
Jun18Canopy.jpg

Durban Poison 56 days
Jun18Durban.jpg

Durban poison is harvested. Only 86 grams wet, but she was the leafy pheno I recognized from my first grow.

Still, ok considering her size. I did test some lower buds a few days ago and she does pack a wallop. Other than running out, part of the reason I pulled her was the smell was overwhelming my filter. I let her sit 36 hours in the dark so hopefully when I report on the potency in a couple of days the quality will compensate some for the quantity :)

Jun20DurbanHarvest.jpg

Had to quick dry some of the popcorn bud for the missus. She's giving it two thumbs up, so it stacks up against the medical bud from BC we sampled this afternoon. Maybe the darkness thing works. :)

What sort of criteria are you using when you defoliate? I wanna defoliate my girls to put more energy into the buds but not quite sure what and how much to take off... I have a couple larger fans I wanna take off

Great looking plants you have btw!
-B
In general, I would remove just about anything that is covering up the bud sites. Some folks like to remove almost all the leaves except the new leaves at the tops of the stalks. I think that is a little overkill but I've seen it work. The idea is to get more light to the parts of the plant that do not normally get a lot of light. If you aren't comfy with defoil then just try adding some reflective material to spread the light around more.

Here's the thing. The defoliation worked. But if your plants are fighting slight nutrient imbalances leaves act as a great buffer zone. I did an extreme defoliation and the plants bounced back great. But eventually some hard water issues caught up with me and the more heavily defoliated Sativas, particularly the Durban, suffered more than the leafier Indicas.

So, if you are confident of your plants being in tip top health then defol away. Otherwise, be more conservative I would say.

:)

Back
Top Bottom