4 Strains Under TopLED LG-G04B96

I have 20 square feet of herbs, tomatoes and peppers growing under the other LED and an HPS :)

You have more than one led? Why aren't you using them both already??

Hmm. There is one pheno of my Durban that grows really long-stemmed fan leaves so you don't even have to bend them out of the way for the branches to get light. The NLxDurban I'm growing now has picked up that trait. That same pheno it is really easy to get all the branches level when topped because the plant pretty much does it for you.

I'm thinking I should really try to preserve the genetics of this plant. I have some pollen saved in the fridge from my last run but I don't know how long that remains viable.

:hmmmm:

Well, the LED seems to be doing its job. Buds are starting to look tasty after today's defol. 3rd week of flower, Kali Mist (top) and Durban Poison.

May20KaliDurban.jpg

Good Afternoon Pan!

The ladies are looking very fine sir.

Those Kali's are supposed to go 10 - 13 weeks. I have a pack I purchased on my very first seed purchase but have been scared to try it because the long flower time. I've just barely been able to get my plants to the 9 week mark without really putting them through some serious stress. I'm going to do a couple more 70 day strains before I take the plunge into the 90+ day arena. Very interested in your total flower time on the Kali and the RD.

Best of the week to you!

JJ

Good Afternoon Pan!

The ladies are looking very fine sir.

Those Kali's are supposed to go 10 - 13 weeks. I have a pack I purchased on my very first seed purchase but have been scared to try it because the long flower time. I've just barely been able to get my plants to the 9 week mark without really putting them through some serious stress. I'm going to do a couple more 70 day strains before I take the plunge into the 90+ day arena. Very interested in your total flower time on the Kali and the RD.

You and me both brother. I'm hoping at least my NL cross strain is a short flower, but it is already two weeks behind because it wasn't quite mature when I flipped them all. :rolleyes3

This is starting AGAIN. The Durban is most affected by it, as usual. This is the RD. The Indica's are not as badly affected. It must be some kind of systemic deficiency but I can't pin it down. PH is good. I am baffled. It happened after the defol, probably because there are fewer leaves to buffer the effects so it becomes more pronounced.

Anyone? I have seen the diagnosis charts but it doesn't seem to fit neatly into any of them. Probably multiple.

May22Deficiency.jpg

Hey Pan,

I'm no expert on problem solving. However that kind of looks like a deficiency magnesium to me. When my plants look like that I give them a good douching of 5 gallons of pure h2o. Then I follow that up with a very light feeding and tablespoon of Cal Mag per gallon.

In fact, it's actually common for us LED growers to supplement with cal mag every feeding. Wish I could help more but I'm still very new at this.

Hopefully you'll get some experienced input.

JJ

Hey MikeT and Dr. thanks. I started a thread in FAQ's too and got some responses there a bit earlier. My best guess was a lockout caused by excess Ca. It was identified as a PK deficiency, which I think is right, and that it was probably caused by excess Ca. I'm eliminating my tap water from the equation.

:peace: :thanks:

Hey MikeT and Dr. thanks. I started a thread in FAQ's too and got some responses there a bit earlier. My best guess was a lockout caused by excess Ca. It was identified as a PK deficiency, which I think is right, and that it was probably caused by excess Ca. I'm eliminating my tap water from the equation.

:peace: :thanks:

These defficiencies can be so tricky, especially Cal/Mag. Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium live in a delicate balance. If you have too much of one you will inhibit the use of another. It sounds like you are on the right track Pantagruel. A good place to start back on the proper balancing act is to use RO water which should be pure then mix in high quality Cal/Mag supplements that have been chelated with amino acids and/or living biology. It allows the supplements to be readily available for the plant and they kind of suck up what they need.

I am getting more into the "living soil" thing and want to start brewing my own teas and get away from the chemical and salt nutrients.

Good luck finding that balance

Back
Top Bottom