DWC ph problem

AZ007

Hi i have a single dwc 5gal setup, and my ph fluctuates, i need to check and regulate it everyday by addin ph down, is this normal, do u normally have to readjust it everyday? any help is appreciate it thx.

Hi, if your roots are white and clear you will be find,
it normal for the ph to slowly go up everyday because your plants drink water and nutr.
Don't add to much ph up or down in your syst. is not good for your plants.
Flush your plants out change with new nutr. add ph slowly to 5.8 but if it still go up to much next time slowly add ph to 5.5 and see
hope I can help.

pH_chart71.jpg

It may well boil down to nutrients used !

Hydro nutrients come in 3 forms soft water, universal/general nutrients & hard water nutrients.

Also strenght of nutrients used depending on stage of growth may effect PH change over time...

E.g if using less than required amount effects PH buffing of nutrients used as you are using less this may mean greater quanties of PH up/down to off set PH change...

PH up/downs used in large amounts can be bad for plant health tho !

You may also want to check you water PH value & then check to see whether nutrients used are suitable for water source, change brand of nutrients is required !

What is the ppm and temp of the bucket?

If your ppms are low you may be able to help the ph fluctuation by simply increasing your nutes slightly.

Back
Top Bottom