PH and water

crusher152

Hi,

I have a question regarding water and PH. I bought PH- from Canna for grow and bloom. Well if I take my tap water it has around 7.5-8 PH (cant say exactly because Iam using just a liquid test for measuring). If I use the PH- it works great but if my water sits for 1-2 days it raises again by alot.

So what do I do now here ? Do I just get always fresh water, regulate and pour it ? Or do I let the water sit and readjust it 1-2 times until it stays stable ? (does this even happen ? I didnt try it yet, so far I always took fresh water).

And if the PH doesnt stay stable is it even worth to regulate then ?

Thanks in advance.

you will definitely get some huge variance in responses here. Ill tell you to never even ever check PH, let alone adjust it. PH isn't even in my gardening vocabulary and everything works very well. How do you grow? I guess maybe you're in hydro and I don't know a darn thing about that. Probably PH adjusting is a requirement there, at least that seems to be the consensus. Someone who grows hydro will chime in soon enough.

edit:
if you are doing a soil grow just bubble your water for a while and use it! Good to go!

Tap water should sit out for a few days to let the chlorine evaporate, this is the right decision. That means the ph will naturally be higher afterwards. Just make your nute solution, then add the ph- until you reach the desired ph, that's what has been suggested to me. What is your soil/medium though?

I personally have never once made a "nute solution" and have never checked or adjusted either water or soil PH. There are a lot of ways to grow plants, I have no experience with hydro or bottled nutrients in a soil or soilless medium. No idea there, but I do know my organic growing fairly well, and the whole PH thing with organics is an old argument that has been put down hard many times.

I run 2 individual buckets and I adjust them everyday as the ph rises, usually rise by 1 ph after a day, until the roots are well developed with a ball in the water, you will see the ph rise less as the days go, you can see the same thing happens again for maybe days to few eeks after switching to bloom nutes too, I been running bubbler since my 3rd grow, using same nutes, I find some strains to be more stable with the ph and some rise it everyday by a bigger amount, i can remember what strain it was since it has been years ago, I remember one of the grow I didn't have to adjust ph for 4 or 5 days, some were 2 to 3 days, some are everyday till they are older. I shouldn't need to do much with ph hopefully when I get the RO system install, since the ph perfect nutes are suppose to keep the ph stable only when you use them with RO water.

I lift the plants out and let them roots get some extra fresh air while I adjust the ph in the bucket and i use rain water.

an interesting read for those using this product for your "medicine"

If the effects of ph up bother you, you should definitely avoid vinegar as well. Simple vinegar MSDS is significantly tougher. The effects of the ph up are limited to irritation... even eyes. The MSDS for vinegar includes burning, blindness, and corneal injury... much worse than PH up. I found it a bit surprising for such a common household cooking ingredient.
PH up seems mighty safe to me.

interesting! I wouldn't ingest vinegar or garden with it or put it in a bowl my dogs could reach. But I would eat in foods in small doses, which is what your getting at. I guess lemon juice would be similar as well. thanks for the insight.

Thanks for all the replies.

I did just finish my 1st grow but had a problem after 1-2 weeks after bloom phase started. It seems that there was a problem / lockout because of wrong PH, at least I think so. This time Iam having a liquid for PH measuring and the truncheon staff from BlueLab for EC measuring (will also get the PH tool from BlueLab but its expensive so that has sadly to wait a bit)

Cant say for sure with the liquid measuring but the PH of my water is nearly the 8 mark and EC is about 0.6 :(. And this time Iam growing in soilless mix (Canna Terra Pro).

May I hijack my own thread and ask about EC ?

Because I still dont get it 100%. If lets say Canna says you have to use water with an EC of 1.5, does that now mean I always have to use water with EC of 1.5 (dont think so but not sure) ? Or does it mean I always have to check my runoff water and if that value is lower than 1.5 I have//can use water with 1.5 ?

Thanks again in advance.

tera pro is a soil mix i think terra means soil whay dont you use their scedule? and EC depends on the haight /age.. of your plants
do some reserc here is some great stuf How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!
sory for m eanglish ...

But you have to treat Canna Terra Pro like a soiless Mix with 5.8-6.2 PH. Even shop owners doesnt often know this, there was someone who had problems on that grow medium and wrote a letter to Canna. He was copy&pasteing everything to a forum. So its not coming from me but even on the back of the package it says to use water with PH of 6.

Back
Top Bottom