Edibles inconsistent: not getting me high

There are a few variables

Decarboxylation the time and temperature exposure required to convert and activate THCa into THC. It may be the equipment you are using is either not temperature accurate, precise enough or exposure long enough to achieve this conversion. this same issue has plagued many attempting to create a cannabis infusion, this is why I recommended the magical butter machine as it greatly simplifies the process and ensures the proper temperature and time of exposure to convert to active THC is completed.

Do you employ a candy making thermometer to check the accuracy of the equipment's temperature? Most general appliances are not temperature accurate outside of a narrow range for most baking. This is largely a difference between food industry grade equipment and consumer grade appliances.

It has also been suggested people are able to reach a tolerance to individual habitually used cannabis strains and the body's adaptation results in less potential. Suggesting another cannabis strain may be more appropriate for edibles a cannabis strain you have not greatly consumed.

I have conversed with a local cannabis patient collective repeatedly over this subject as it presented problematic inconsistent results for individuals who either have had prior experience with cannabis infusions or greater food preparation and baking experience. It is mostly believed that a change in the process of how Lecithin is currently being made actively binds out THC and different brands which use the older conversion process are superior for use with cannabis infusion. The other belief system is an individual tolerance to a habitually used cannabis
strain results in the body's buffering of THC from an alternate ingestion method is involved.

The potency of cannabis infusions would have to be tested with other cannabis friendly individuals to determine if indeed this is an individual tolerance issue, week infusion, pour THC conversion or impotent blending of ingredients which may bind out active THC is at causation.

this is soooo frustrating, despite all the research i'm doing i just can't find an answer to why i'm not getting high off ediblesssss :( if it was a liver enzyme issue it wouldn't explain why sometimes edibles work

I really do feel your pain because I have a hard time getting high with edibles, too, which sucks for me because just smoking cannabis doesn't get me high.

These are the things I do that have proven to help:

• Taking the edible first, followed with a healthy meal appears to work better for me rather than the reverse, i.e. eating a meal first and then the edible.
  • The only time I smoke cannabis is when I've eaten an edible. Smoking cannabis about half an hour to 3/4 of an hour after taking the edible seems to kick off the high for me.
  • Every time I take edibles, I record what I took, how much, what time I took it, what time it kicked in and what time it was done and then I rate all my highs out of 5. If a strain doesn't consistently rate 3.5 or more, I get rid of it. I just gave a friend my whole Lemon Auto and Purple Auto stashes because neither were working for me.
  • I believe terpenes dictate which strains work on an individual basis and going forward, I will gearing my gardens towards the terpenes I prefer.

im making this post again as i've still not found an answer to this.

edibles are extremely inconsistent for me

i tried tons of ways. decarb at 120c for 30-40-50-60 mins, doesn't seem to make a difference.

tried firecrackers, oil, chocolate, penaut butter.

i'm unable to get a consistent result, sometimes it'll get me high, sometimes i won't feel anything.

(i'm not making any mistakes, i know how to make edibles and i'm doing everything right... it seems that the absorption in my body is the issue....)
When you manufacture the edibles yourself, you have complete control over how much marijuana actually ends up in them. For myself, I need 3 teaspoons, or 1/8 ounce, of marijuana to feel high. Depending on the user's body, these edibles may have different effects. You can prepare edibles and gradually increase the dosage to find the right amount for you.

Back
Top Bottom