Ratio calculator?

HigherTheHigh

I'm looking at making some edibles this week, I have 50g of bud, I would guess around 14% THC, I need to get the most out of my edibles and thought a out making cookies so I can eat them in 1/4's if their strong, but I plan to drop smoking this weekend and my high will be from my edibles only from then on.

I need to get as many as possible so that I can also freeze them but I don't want to make poor meds, I have 50g of bud and 2x 283ml jars of coconut oil, I would like to make standard size biscuit cookies.

I will decarb for 60 mins at 120c and then 110c for another 100mins.

I was thinking of putting the 50g to the full 560ml of oil so that would be 11.2ml per G of bud, is that about right?

I'm infusing in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours then cool and set for 18-24h, make the dough and let that sit for another 24 and then cook.

Does anyone know how many cookies I should get out of a good 500ml of infused oil as I think I would lose around 60ml to wastage ect.

Also I have seen some recipes that say use other oils, can I use the same amount but coconut oil?

Any help would be great

I'm looking at making some edibles this week, I have 50g of bud, I would guess around 14% THC, I need to get the most out of my edibles and thought a out making cookies so I can eat them in 1/4's if their strong, but I plan to drop smoking this weekend and my high will be from my edibles only from then on.

I need to get as many as possible so that I can also freeze them but I don't want to make poor meds, I have 50g of bud and 2x 283ml jars of coconut oil, I would like to make standard size biscuit cookies.

I will decarb for 60 mins at 120c and then 110c for another 100mins.

I was thinking of putting the 50g to the full 560ml of oil so that would be 11.2ml per G of bud, is that about right?

I'm infusing in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours then cool and set for 18-24h, make the dough and let that sit for another 24 and then cook.

Does anyone know how many cookies I should get out of a good 500ml of infused oil as I think I would lose around 60ml to wastage ect.

Also I have seen some recipes that say use other oils, can I use the same amount but coconut oil?

Any help would be great
I think you should revise you decarb time and temps. I do mine at 240F or 116C for 30 minutes and stir it up every 10.
When I made cookies last time around with dried flower I used 1 ounce to 1 pound of butter. I see no reason why you could not swap butter for coconut oil and maybe use slightly less water in the cookies. 1 pound of butter yielded me 114 cookies. I would eat a whole cookie but that's me, The warning I gave friends, 1 cookie will probably impair your ability to drive, 2 definitely will, 3 and you get an ambulance ride to the hospital, 4 and skip the ambulance, Just call the coroner. lol. When it was all said and done, I don't know how much butter was lost to wastage. Yesterday I made coconut oil in my pressure cooker. I was skeptical on how it would pan out but many youtube vids later I gave it a go. I did try a small decarbed bud as a test and I will decarb in a pressure cooker going forward now. No smell in my house since it is contained and was done in my garage. I also took trim from my harvest and is is in a crock pot right now in my garage. I did a thread on it yesterday. Anyhow, On mine, the butter will be for cookies and the coconut oil will be for capsules.

Hey bud sorry I have only just seen this I ended up decarbing at 120c for 50 minutes and then infused in the slow cooker for a good 8 hours, all jarred up and cooling off ready for baking tomorrow.

Just about to make some more infused coconut oil with around 2-300g of good trim and small buds and I really want some quality oil as I'm stopping smoking all together due to ill health and the house stinking all the time isn't a great atmosphere or environment.

So tomorrow I can give an exact amount and photos of what I have to work with, I would need help with the perfect decarb temp and time (I'm working with Turkey bags).

I don't know the exact ratio but I'd like to think I could get a great amount in return at a good strength so any advice on that to would be great!

So after I have decarbed my bud in the oven and left to dry I would then add the decarbed bud and coconut oil in my slow cooker but do I add the lethicin at the start of infuse or at the end?

If anyone has an exact amount of grams per trim/bud to grams of coconut oil ect that would be great!

So after I have decarbed my bud in the oven and left to dry I would then add the decarbed bud and coconut oil in my slow cooker but do I add the lethicin at the start of infuse or at the end?

If anyone has an exact amount of grams per trim/bud to grams of coconut oil ect that would be great!

if you are infusing an oil skip the decarb, get an instant pot, and do the infusion / decarb as one shot. easiest method going with the best results. you'll get a better extraction rate than with a slow cooker or mb2 machine, with a far easier method and a guaranteed decarb.

instant pot method

the lecithin is really optional. i've never found it to do piles.

Back
Top Bottom