Edibles inconsistent: not getting me high

fatbuds94591

420 Member
im making this post again as i've still not found an answer to this.

edibles are extremely inconsistent for me

i tried tons of ways. decarb at 120c for 30-40-50-60 mins, doesn't seem to make a difference.

tried firecrackers, oil, chocolate, penaut butter.

i'm unable to get a consistent result, sometimes it'll get me high, sometimes i won't feel anything.

(i'm not making any mistakes, i know how to make edibles and i'm doing everything right... it seems that the absorption in my body is the issue....)

Are you using lecithin in your recipes? I have similar problems with my gut and tried many kinds of edibles that had little or no effect until I started making my own oil, with added lecithin. (I use sunflower, but soy lecithin should work as well). It is still less effective than I think it should be (based on friends and family response about strength) but it DOES definitely affect me now.

Are you using lecithin in your recipes? I have similar problems with my gut and tried many kinds of edibles that had little or no effect until I started making my own oil, with added lecithin. (I use sunflower, but soy lecithin should work as well). It is still less effective than I think it should be (based on friends and family response about strength) but it DOES definitely affect me now.
i havent seen it anywhere in stores :(

just made a 0.8g edible with 25% thc weed. lets see if it hits me. 120c for 50mins, then poured it in molds with dark chocolate

i havent seen it anywhere in stores :(

just made a 0.8g edible with 25% thc weed. lets see if it hits me. 120c for 50mins, then poured it in molds with dark chocolate

I buy Now Foods liquid sunflower lecithin on A****zn. Make sure you use the liquid form.

A previous member recommended probiotics to me when I was having inconsistent results.

I also believe that the terpenes of each strain is what dictates whether you get high or not. Strains I grow contain the terpenes that I know work best for me. When I grow strains without those terpenes, getting high from them is next to impossible (for me).

I buy Now Foods liquid sunflower lecithin on A****zn. Make sure you use the liquid form.

A previous member recommended probiotics to me when I was having inconsistent results.

I also believe that the terpenes of each strain is what dictates whether you get high or not. Strains I grow contain the terpenes that I know work best for me. When I grow strains without those terpenes, getting high from them is next to impossible (for me).
probiotics? doubt i lack those, i eat a lot of raw dairy

Make sure you are eating something fatty.
Something like guacamole really helps it absorb into your system.
Lots of folks use peanut or other nut butters.
This made a big difference for me.

You could just take the decarbed weed and put it in capsules and take it that way- takes a little longer to come on, (about 3 hours) but lasts a good 6 or 7 hours.
I took 2 grams one time, found out that 1 gram would've been more than enough.....
Maybe just try it once, to see if eating weed is going to work at all for you- 1 gram of 25% weed should do it, if anything's going to...that's a lot of thc...

You could just take the decarbed weed and put it in capsules and take it that way- takes a little longer to come on, (about 3 hours) but lasts a good 6 or 7 hours.
I took 2 grams one time, found out that 1 gram would've been more than enough.....
Maybe just try it once, to see if eating weed is going to work at all for you- 1 gram of 25% weed should do it, if anything's going to...that's a lot of thc...
the thing is, literally nothing happens. i don't even get slightly high.

i did get wasted a few times with firecrackers... small amount too...

That is odd...but you do get high when you smoke it?
I know when you consume edibles, they're metabolized into 11-hydroxy-thc in the liver, then they're absorbed into your bloodstream and you get high.
That's how it's supposed to work anyway...It's possible, I suppose, that your liver is not properly metabolizing the thc, but I have no idea why that would be the case.

Are you breaking up the buds before decarb?

Also the prospect of putting quality bud in the oven kinda bites, but don’t skimp on your decarb temp & time.... it’s doing thc conversion for you.

Don‘t do this on empty stomach I’d suggest eating a meal and eat a fatty snack before hand. Once you consume the weed or edible then don’t eat again for several hours.

Ditto - I’m with Carcass chewing up 1 or 2 grams of decarbed weed should stomp your ass pretty well. Personally I chew it for 3 to 5 minutes until it numbs palate then wash it down, oral route is slow onset and you will know its working when the cotton mouth hits. << This is point where I power hydrate but wait for next meal. For me it’s a different buzz, kinda subtle, kinda not.

well dark chocolate is very fatty, and i drunk a tall glass of milk too which also is lots of fat :(

chocolate is caloric. not fatty. it doesn't bring fat, it just makes you that lol :p
the milk is a weak source, unless it's buttermilk. then watch out.

@Virgin Ground is correct. combining with a natural fat that is also known good for you is the best delivery for an edible. that's why many infuse an olive oil. it's also a known good fat. avocado works nuts as it's so easily digested.

a lot also depends on your regular non edible consumption. if you're chronic, the delivery system won't matter. the only thing that will change is what it effects. i also have the ability to eat a lot of edibles and not really get as high as others partaking with me. but i can also smoke all evening.

Some folks are just resistant too.
They just can't metabolize it through their liver.
I posted an article about it here....

That is odd...but you do get high when you smoke it?
I know when you consume edibles, they're metabolized into 11-hydroxy-thc in the liver, then they're absorbed into your bloodstream and you get high.
That's how it's supposed to work anyway...It's possible, I suppose, that your liver is not properly metabolizing the thc, but I have no idea why that would be the case.
yeah, i get high af smoking it lol. vaping 0.5g willl get me high af, ripping it from a bong will also getting me pretty damn medicated

well that's what i thought too. but sometimes i did get high off edibles. same or smaller dosage, that's what's bugging me

chocolate is caloric. not fatty. it doesn't bring fat, it just makes you that lol :p
the milk is a weak source, unless it's buttermilk. then watch out.

@Virgin Ground is correct. combining with a natural fat that is also known good for you is the best delivery for an edible. that's why many infuse an olive oil. it's also a known good fat. avocado works nuts as it's so easily digested.

a lot also depends on your regular non edible consumption. if you're chronic, the delivery system won't matter. the only thing that will change is what it effects. i also have the ability to eat a lot of edibles and not really get as high as others partaking with me. but i can also smoke all evening.
dark chocolate has more fat than peanut butter?

i infused in olive oil and it also didn't make me high.

the most consistency i've been able to get from fire crackers. 10min at 120c put the decarb weed in a cracker with nutella/penaut butter, then in the over at 150c for 15 mins

^ it also makes little sense since this should be more wasteful in terms of terpenes evaporating according to the famous "decarb chart"

Please do not use GMO soy products.

Usually a the cannabinoids or resin have to be bound to an oil or fat carrier.

this is soooo frustrating, despite all the research i'm doing i just can't find an answer to why i'm not getting high off ediblesssss :( if it was a liver enzyme issue it wouldn't explain why sometimes edibles work

Back
Top Bottom