What am I doing wrong? Why aren't edibles getting me very high?

Dontdisrespectmylung

i've always had trouble getting a good high from edibles.

2 weekends ago, went to this girl's house, we made firecrackers with 1g of weed and split em in half, she was in another dimension, i was pretty fucked up myself.

tried making tables 6 times since then and i'm getting barely a high SAME WEED

tried 0.5g decarb at 120 for 27 and 60 mins - same result - lil high. tried both infused in oil and chocolate.

how is it possible that i'm not getting blasted????? 0.5g of this weed (24% thc) should be roughly 120mg of thc????? that should put me on my ass, i've only been smoking around half a gram per day the last year. my tolerance isn't THAT high.

i can get very high off smoking 0.5g's from a bong. a edibles should hit me harder... but it barely makes me high :(

i measured the accuracy of my oven by placing some oil and heating it to 120, the oil stayed that that temp without fluctuating so the oven is working fine,..

i've always had trouble getting a good high from edibles.

2 weekends ago, went to this girl's house, we made firecrackers with 1g of weed and split em in half, she was in another dimension, i was pretty fucked up myself.

tried making tables 6 times since then and i'm getting barely a high SAME WEED

tried 0.5g decarb at 120 for 27 and 60 mins - same result - lil high. tried both infused in oil and chocolate.

how is it possible that i'm not getting blasted????? 0.5g of this weed (24% thc) should be roughly 120mg of thc????? that should put me on my ass, i've only been smoking around half a gram per day the last year. my tolerance isn't THAT high.

i can get very high off smoking 0.5g's from a bong. a edibles should hit me harder... but it barely makes me high :(

i measured the accuracy of my oven by placing some oil and heating it to 120, the oil stayed that that temp without fluctuating so the oven is working fine,..
Hey @Dontdisrespectmylung hope you are well today.
Did you say you decarb at 120?
Decarb takes 40 minutes at 240f from what I understand.
Maby that's your issue. :Namaste:
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi ,
Try drinking a little bit olive oil before you take your edibles.. if taken on an empty or full stomach, it also alters the results.
Any type of oils will do, even full fat milk.. if the same method was working for her, then there isn't much wrong with the way you are decarbing and processing it; It's how your body is absorbing it..

Get an oven thermometer so you know the temps are accurate :thumb:

And then...follow this...it's from the magical butter machine website, which I use the MB2 with no decarb box :goodluck:
T-C:- Decarb at 250°F (121°C) for 30-45 minutes
C-D: Decarb at 280°F (140°C) for 60-90 minutes
C-N: Decarb at 320°F (160°C) for 90-120 minutes

If you do not have a DecarBox, use an oven roasting bag or on a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure the pan is the correct size so there is not an empty space on the pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes so that it toasts evenly. When the flower is darker in color—a light to medium brown—and has dried out, remove the bag or baking sheet and allow the herb to cool. It should be quite crumbly when handled.

NOTE: Your oven may not be a precision appliance; this is normal. Most ovens operate on an approximation, average, or range of values for any given temperature. Therefore, calibrating your oven is essential to accurate decarbing and baking. Do NOT skip this vital step, or your sample could be destroyed.

EDIT; Armed with this knowledge, I can make some STRONG edibles...but I use almost 2 Oz per 1lb. of "unsalted" butter
:thedoubletake:

I heat my weed for 45 minutes at 252F after a 20 minute drying phase at 212F. The toaster oven (a cheap Oster Model 2141624), set to warm (bottom heaters only), is controlled by a temperature process controller (Love Controls 16B-53) with thermocouple (type K) feedback that drives a 4-20mA SCR power controller (RKC Instruments SSNP-25F). The control system keeps temperature within 1-2 degrees of setpoint.
I now put unground cured bud into a half-pint mason jar and put the lid on but not tightened down. I let the whole oven cool down before taking the jar out to avoid stressing the glass. The temperature is safe for the gaskets in the mason jar lids and doesn't damage them.
In my first attempts, I ground up the weed in a mortar & pestle and put it on a sheet of foil. I was using bake mode (top & bottom heating elements), the house got really smelly and the results didn't seem very potent. Heating in a container seems to have preserved the cannabinoid & terpene profile, and done the trick for me.

Me again @MochaBud makes a good point.. ovens are not precision instruments.
We use a cheap oven thermometer to get the correct Temp, but we also use a cast iron skillet and a pizza stone in the oven.
These help regulate the temperature fluctuations. A bit like a capacitor, they store the heat and iron out the variations in temps.. I've even read that some folks use common bricks in the oven also.. these will work the same, by soaking up heat and stabilising the internal temps of the oven..

this my take on the issue,,

i am having a problem finding a good buzz from edibles as well. i use straight weed, decarbed of course,, but chew or ingest straight decarbed weed.

btw,, a good rule of thumb for decarb time and temp is ,,, 110 at 110,, 110 degrees c for 110 mins,, easy peasey

ok then,,

it is all about dosage,, finding ones dosage,,

and, yes, it can be quite high to get quite high

it takes me more than a half gram to feel it,, a fair bit more actually,,

but once the initial high is reached,, it takes far less to 'maintain' the buzz

i am still working on finding my dosage these days,, it's a lot,, good thing i got lots

and 18grams of hash me and me missus made last night,, half my outdoor trim still to process,, wow

Second that, a really good decarb makes all the difference. I do 45 minutes at 240.
no luck
I heat my weed for 45 minutes at 252F after a 20 minute drying phase at 212F. The toaster oven (a cheap Oster Model 2141624), set to warm (bottom heaters only), is controlled by a temperature process controller (Love Controls 16B-53) with thermocouple (type K) feedback that drives a 4-20mA SCR power controller (RKC Instruments SSNP-25F). The control system keeps temperature within 1-2 degrees of setpoint.
I now put unground cured bud into a half-pint mason jar and put the lid on but not tightened down. I let the whole oven cool down before taking the jar out to avoid stressing the glass. The temperature is safe for the gaskets in the mason jar lids and doesn't damage them.
In my first attempts, I ground up the weed in a mortar & pestle and put it on a sheet of foil. I was using bake mode (top & bottom heating elements), the house got really smelly and the results didn't seem very potent. Heating in a container seems to have preserved the cannabinoid & terpene profile, and done the trick for me.
def gonna try the 212f drying part, what rh is your weed?

this my take on the issue,,

i am having a problem finding a good buzz from edibles as well. i use straight weed, decarbed of course,, but chew or ingest straight decarbed weed.

btw,, a good rule of thumb for decarb time and temp is ,,, 110 at 110,, 110 degrees c for 110 mins,, easy peasey

ok then,,

it is all about dosage,, finding ones dosage,,

and, yes, it can be quite high to get quite high

it takes me more than a half gram to feel it,, a fair bit more actually,,

but once the initial high is reached,, it takes far less to 'maintain' the buzz

i am still working on finding my dosage these days,, it's a lot,, good thing i got lots

and 18grams of hash me and me missus made last night,, half my outdoor trim still to process,, wow
maybe i should try more than 0.5g... the thing is 125mg of thc should be A LOT for my tolerance level, like high as fuck a lot...... if i gotta use 1g to get high off edibles i'd rather smoke loll

maybe i should try more than 0.5g... the thing is 125mg of thc should be A LOT for my tolerance level, like high as fuck a lot...... if i gotta use 1g to get high off edibles i'd rather smoke loll
my thinking as well friend,, tho the edible buzz is nice

my thinking as well friend,, tho the edible buzz is nice
wish i could get my hands on one of those thc candy y'all have in the US to actually see how 100mg of thc precisely does affects me.

i have a jar of ABV, it's quite dark but still thc left in it, maybe i should try to do an extraction, not gonna smoke it anyways....

so sad that i need so many edibles to get high. i love the edible high but if i gotta use so much weed it feels like such waste to me

Abv,, i am guessing is, already bud vaped,, or,, already vaped bud,,

Yes,, i have a supply of that too, from my volcano,, and yes,, it still has, some, thc in there

But enuf for an extraction? Dunno bout that

I run my avb through an iso alc bath,, makes a great hand sanitizer and i use it on my body for medicinal purposes. It disipates real quick and provides some pain relief

I'm still trying to get this dosage thing all sorted out. I like the idea of edibles but I hate the wait!!! I generally use capsules.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I sometimes find that if I stop at maybe 8 hits off my vape I have a better buzz than if I keep going - can you smoke yourself straight???

What I have been doing lately is decarbing in mason jars in the oven then with a stick pound it to dust and then sift out the stems and then put it in the oil and do the final "cooking" between the inner and outer doors of my outdoor wood furnace and by tweeking a little I can hold it at about 170 F so it cost nothing for hours and hours of "cooking". I haven't had a chance to try the final product yet - I'll let ya know!!! :ciao:

Back
Top Bottom