Equipment check

Frank White

Hi there growers, I'm investing in some (1.5k worth) grow equipment and basically everything I'm getting is off eBay mainly because I live in the middle of no where and it'd be hard to find all the equipment irl. And I think I've found just about everything I need but I'd still like a second opinion from anyone with additional information. I am not an experienced grower, in fact I don't have a single plant under my belt (yet). So here's what's in my watch list.
420-magazine-mobile1039737074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1961700510.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1189574057.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1507857118.jpg

The little grow tent shown in the first pic isn't a necessity, I'm mainly getting it because I wanna grow some of the free seeds I'm getting with my seeds order in it.

Also, if anyone could recommend some specific soils to use throughout all phases that would be great.

Thanks for your responses .❤️

Again, I'm not really sure, what would produce the highest yield? Greenhouse or just HPS lights. And the ph tester is for water (I think)

It says soil tester on it lol search for digital ph pen. Do you plan on growing auto flowers or photoperiod strains? What kind of humidity and temp do you experience where you live? Might get too hott or too cold for a green house so you have to account for that. Just remember when growing outside you only have a season or 2 you can grow in. As with a indoor tent grow you can grow 24/7

Oh yeah I forgot to mention they're photoperiod seeds. The temp gets to about 35 Celsius in spring which starts in a few days. Also the oil diffuser is actually just a humidifier. I plan to grow in my garage because we own a goat and I've had mates tell me their goats have gotten into their grow rooms and they're eaten all their plants. So yeah indoors is the plan

That diffuser is going to be useless it's too small, you are going to need a big one to make an impact. Just search for humidifier. Also I would recommend fabric smart pots, 10x better for the roots then plastic pots, only thing is you have to elevate them so bottom dosent stay wet all the time. I use metal drying racks that I got in the kitchen department. Plants thrive in 18-26 degrees, any higher any lower can kill a plant. So keep that in mind when buying lights. As hps tun very hott. I recommend led, they run cooler and are more efficient

Oh I saw the ph pen, you also have a soil one that's the only one I saw. Depending on your setup you won't need small little pots to start them in, there's nothing wrong with starting a plant in its final pot, that's what I do. Beats taking the risk of killing a plant by transplanting it. I recommend at least 7 gallon pots. Fyi foil is not as reflective as you think. You need a different material, i forget the name, maybe Mylar? Make sure you get fans, preferably osculating, you need good air movement

Yeah that's what I thought but honestly I couldn't find anything any bigger. And yeah that industrial fan is also a cooler and heater so that should help with temp management and air circulation. What type of soil would I use if I'm staring in a final pot? Also do you want me to send screenshots of the info for the seeds I'm getting?

Will that fan operate without the heater being on tho? There's so many different types of soils that almost impossible to answer. I made my own buying different bags of stuff from the nursery store and it worked great. This go round I'm trying black gold already made so we will see how that goes. Any organic potting soil with bat guano worm casting ect ect will work. Have you bought nutrients yet? How many plants do you plan on growing? Sure let's see the details on the strain

Strains actually. I plan on buying 40 seeds and the equipment for that many plants but since I've never grown I'll probably just start with 5-10. And this may be kinda dumb but my grow partner and I were thinking of putting lights in the greenhouse and covering it with the foil or mylar. I don't know if that would work at all but it was just an idea. Just gimme a minute and I'll get the info for the strains

I mean I don't see why it wouldn't. But for that many plants you are going to need a serious amount of light if you want to produce anything worth smoking. Lights are probably arguably the most important part of a grow, and the most expensive. If you did everything else right but don't have sufficient lighting. You'll be lucky to get an ounce off each plant. With really good lighting you can easily get 10 oz per plant, strain dependent obviously.

These are all the seeds I'm getting (not including the free seeds). And with the greenhouse idea would it be better to buy LEDs for the low heat factor? I imagine a greenhouse would heat up quite easily with a HPS light on 18 hours a day

Neville's Haze:
Genetics; Almost Pure Haze
Variety; Mostly Sativa
Flowering Type; Photoperiod
Sex; Feminised
THC Content; 22.6%
CBD Content; 0.15%
Plant Yield; Indoors: 700gr/m2; Outdoors: 1200gr/plant
Grows; Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time; 14-16 weeks
Harvest Month; November in Northern Hemisphere
Medical Conditions; Depression, Pain
Effects; Cerebral, Psychedelic, Strong

Black Jesus OG:
Genetics; Tahoe OG x Soul Star
Sex; Feminised
Plant Yield; Indoors: 600gr-1kg; Outdoors: up to 1.5 Kg
Plant Height; Medium
Grows; Indoors, Outdoors
Flowering Time; 8 weeks
Harvest Month; Early October
Taste/Flavour; Citrus

Money Bush:
Genetics; Afghani x Critical Mass
Variety; Mostly Indica
Sex; Feminised
THC Content; 21%
CBD Content; 3%
Plant Yield; Indoors: 600gr-800gr/m2; Outdoors; up to 900gr per plant
Plant Height; 100cm-150cm
Flowering Time; 49-56 days
Harvest Month; Early/Mid September
Medical Conditions; Insomnia, Pain
Taste/Flavour; Earthy, Kush
Effects; Couch Lock, Long-lasting, Physical, Sedative

Dream Machine:
Genetics; Afghan x Indian x Brazilian
Variety; Mostly Indica
Sex; Feminised
THC Content; 19%
CBD Content; 1.6%
Plant Height; 80cm-100cm
Plant Yield; Indoors: 600gr/m2; Outdoors: 1000gr/plant+
Flowering Time; 63 days
Harvest Month; Mid-October
Medical Conditions; Anxiety, Insomnia, Pain, Stress
Taste/Flavour; Sweet
Effects; Body, Physical, Powerful

Mango Sapphire:
Genetics; (OG Afghan) x Bubba's Gift
Variety; Mostly Indica
Sex; Feminised
THC Content; 21%-23%
CBD Content; 0.1%
Plant Yield; Indoor: 350-500gr/m2; Outdoors: 1-2kg/plant
Plant Height; Outdoors: 2-3 metres
Flowering Time; 48-53 days
Harvest Month; Late September- Mid October
Medical Conditions; Lack of Appitite, Pain
Taste/Flavour; Fruity, Fuel, Mango
Effects; Body; Cerebral, Long Lasting, Powerful, Relaxing, Soothing

Furious Candy;
Genetics; Papa's Candy x White Shark
Variety; Mostly Indica
Flowering Photoperiod
Sex; Feminised
THC Content; 10%-15%
CBD Content; (Unknown)
Plant Yield; Indoors: 450gr-600gr/m2; Outdoors: 700gr-1kg/plant
Plant Height; Indoors:80cm-100cm; Outdoors: 2 metres
Flowering Time; 45-50 days
Harvest Month; Begining of April in Southern Hemisphere
Taste/Flavour; Bubblegum, Fruity, Strawberry, Sweet
Effects; Happy, Relaxing

Never heard of any of those but looks like they are going to be tall plants, are you prepared for that? LED is defiantly recommend, but you are going to need a lot. And it's going to be expensive as hell. That green house even with LEDs is going to be extremely hott, you are going to need a big high btu air conditioner. You plants will die if it's too hot.

Yeah the garage has a pretty high ceiling. I'm not sure high tall the greenhouse is, 1.90 cm I think. Which wouldn't be tall enough right? If I were to grow 40 plants, how many LEDs would I need/how much do you think that'd cost? And yeah I can try look for an air conductor to lead out of the garage.

Well there is a beautiful plant training method that keeps them short called LST and topping, do some research on that. I recommend at a minimum 300-450w per plant, the higher you go the more yield you will get, but with leds watts is not everything, you want a full spectrum. The lights that I have are 450w and cost 130 USD each, I only have 3 as I only grow 3 plants.

Yeah I'll defs read up on it. At that price I don't think it leds are the way to go. I don't have 5k to spend on lights alone

Back
Top Bottom