Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

420-magazine-mobile913332337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dude, I'm glad I checked these 100k pots, 1 tested 97.1k, 2-96.8, and rest was in 80's

Yep, those are sloppy tollerance. I had to buy three times more than I needed just so I knew I could measure out some decent ones. Anything about 96 and up will work just fine. The other route is to buy Precision potentiometers but those cost a whole bunch of money each.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1136735878.jpg
this should be enough to finish this cycle along with hps,

Looks nice man. Bunch your cobs close to the outsides. Thats where the low par spots will be. Looks great man!

Ill check as soon as Im done trimming some Cree grown, UVB treated THC covered, rock hard nugs. I may have a few contenders here boys. These things are so potent and pretty. They turned almost peach color.
420-magazine-mobile1888840906.jpg

EVEN THE LITTLE POPCORN BUDS ARE JUST LOADED!
420-magazine-mobile272403385.jpg

Hello
The HLG-XXXH-C drivers all have the potential to run at about 94% efficient. Whether your running the 185-700 or the 320-2100. I'll put some pictures up for how to wire in the meters here shortly.

Here's 3 Cree options. If you want an idea with a different chip maker let me know. Right now I'm trying to show you efficiency.

Cheaper option
16 cobs running at 2100ma. That's about 80 watts per cob. Notice Cob efficiency is 49.71% and ppfd is a pretty good 846.
We could build this option with cheaper chips other than the Crees and probably add a few more chips and still be cheaper. Hitting that 49% efficiency would be the goal.
Cree_cheap.JPG

Here's a middle option. This is running 24 chips.. Notice here your efficiency jumps up to 56.34%. That's really good efficiency. Now we are driving 24 chips at roughly 50 watts per cob instead of 80. The ppfd is a great 929ppfd. This would make a nice, very respectable room.
Middle5.JPG

Option number 3 is how I build my arrays. This is 32 cobs in 32 square feet of grow space. Expensive? YES! However, look at the unmatched efficiency numbers as well as ppfd. Now we are only pushing the cobs at 35 watts each. The 61.5% efficiency is absolutely amazing!!! As is a very good 983ppfd.
High2.JPG

What drivers would you recommend for this 3 options ?

I will be using cree chips.

Thanks again for the response and for the pic of the meter wiring.

Option 1 would have to be the HLG-320H-C2100B. You would need 1 driver for every 4 cobs. So 4 of those drivers for the 16 chips at 2.1 amp drive.
Option 2 would be the HLG-320H-C1400B drivers. Without looking up the specs they will power 5 or 6 cobs I believe. So I think 4 drivers but I need to look to be sure. Say 4 drivers for the 24 chips at 1.4 amps per chip.
Option 3 would be the HLG-320H-C1050B. I believe that driver will power 8 chips but I need to look to be sure. So for the 32 chips say 4 drivers as well at 1.05 amps per chip.
Meanwhile...Im still sitting here trimming..
420-magazine-mobile1961806690.jpg

Must have been sleepwalking while quoting your 3 cree charts and ask for that. The power savings were in there. No wonder you had problems getting what stupid nugget wanted... Grrr.... I apologise....i'll hold my fingers still now

Btw, look at that bud in the top right corner... Looks like a new species. Great buds

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Must have been sleepwalking while quoting your 3 cree charts and ask for that. The power savings were in there. No wonder you had problems getting what stupid nugget wanted... Grrr.... I apologise....i'll hold my fingers still now

Btw, look at that bud in the top right corner... Looks like a new species. Great buds

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

Yeah man. That stuff I just now finished trimming was an Incredible Bulk. I've never seen anyone else grow it that ended up the same color as mine. It turned out an almost perfect peach color. I always have really good luck bringing out cool colors in plants. I think it's because I run slightly cooler room temperatures then a lot of people do. I usually run about 64 when the lights are out and no higher than 77 during lights on. I think that has a lot to do with it. I think running temperatures that cool really brings out the terpenes. That was my first time growing incredible bulk and I'm really impressed with the potency. It said it was 19 to the 24% and I don't know if they test it after it's been grown under UV.
I think it turned out at least on the upper end of that. I should send a sample in for testing.

If you can you should. How pricey is that these days?

You must be right bout the colours and the temperatures.

i had a NYC Diesel x ruderalis that showed some beautiful purplish oranges on some buds and i could not find any info or pictures about others folks growing that. I had the night temps round 62 to 64 too and daytime 72 to 76 for the last 3 weeks. I could watch the colours come out with the temps dropping over the weeks. So that makes perfect sense to me

Fanleaf:

I ordered some Incredible Bulk for the second grow in my new space. I have some autos I want to use the first time through to get the kinks out and replenish my medicine cabinet. Do you scrog and manifold? What was the height at flip then overall height? How was the yield on the Incredible Bulk? It will be summer time here when I grow it so heat will be ~85°F+ daytime ~78°F night; so I probably won't be getting those colors. I will be running CO2.

Thanks,

So, what size panel would be be comfortable with to start with your light mover? 5'X6'? 5X8'?

Sorry I didn't see this in all the posts.

Would you say light mover is good idea for my size room after everything you have learned from all this?

If light mover you think is good idea I would say 5x6 for now and I can always add some aluminum angle to make bigger

Thanks.

Main goal. Startup like $1000 or 1500$ and maybe add $1000 a month if doing good with it.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Fanleaf:

I ordered some Incredible Bulk for the second grow in my new space. I have some autos I want to use the first time through to get the kinks out and replenish my medicine cabinet. Do you scrog and manifold? What was the height at flip then overall height? How was the yield on the Incredible Bulk? It will be summer time here when I grow it so heat will be ~85°F+ daytime ~78°F night; so I probably won't be getting those colors. I will be running CO2.

Thanks,

I top once or twice and do some heavy LST all through veg and first week of flower usually. This IB plant though I changed it up a bit. I just bent the plant 90 degrees and let the lower branches all come up to be main branches. I honestly have no idea on height because I always tend to keep them short and really wide. I ended up with 9.4 dry oz from her. Not bad considering only a 4.5 week veg. My White widdow X Big Bud was a little less at 7.1. Both strains ended up very potent full body stones. I waited until 60% amber before the chop.

Back
Top Bottom