Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I did a little test with my meter.
420-magazine-mobile1256953514.jpg
420-magazine-mobile880961706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile542329211.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1534322040.jpg

I didn't get pick of ruler but I'm over 2 ft between canopy and lights. I might need to lower my lights and turn down even more. At close to 12 in I'm at mid 7's on meter.

Can anyone chime in on what deficiencie I'm dealing with on my white cookies.
420-magazine-mobile233136179.jpg

Also I think cks screwed me on bubba kush, I think it's an auto, wish I never topped it now, looks like it might be starting to bud
420-magazine-mobile2098970844.jpg

I did a little test with my meter.
420-magazine-mobile1256953514.jpg
420-magazine-mobile880961706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile542329211.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1534322040.jpg

I didn't get pick of ruler but I'm over 2 ft between canopy and lights. I might need to lower my lights and turn down even more. At close to 12 in I'm at mid 7's on meter.

Can anyone chime in on what deficiencie I'm dealing with on my white cookies.
420-magazine-mobile233136179.jpg

Also I think cks screwed me on bubba kush, I think it's an auto, wish I never topped it now, looks like it might be starting to bud
420-magazine-mobile2098970844.jpg
Very nice looking setup. Yes, if it were me I would drop the lights down to about 15 inches and tune for about 550 in veg.
Very nice lookin lights!

Also fan I did a test on the osrams, the light is 16in above the plant and I'm at 1100 average around top of canopy.
420-magazine-mobile1821557284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile883984147.jpg
Keep in mind that your meter wont be 100% correct under the blurple. Close enough that I never worry about the conversion though..

What are the rough deminsions of your osram light?

Very nice looking setup. Yes, if it were me I would drop the lights down to about 15 inches and tune for about 550 in veg.
Very nice lookin lights!
Bro, I hate to tell you this but that looks like mites to me. If so at least youre still in veg.
All them little white dots sure look like mite damage and not a def to me.

To be honest I was hoping they would use the CLU048 1818 or the 1825 but they are not. They are using the 1212. The 1212 is the least efficient chip in their lineup but it's the cheapest. 2 kits in a 2X4 would be 8 chips in 8 square feet so that part would be great. To reach a minimum ppfd of about 900 you will need to run them at 38.5 Watts per chip. Now 38 watts is very low for some chips but the 1212 don't get very efficient down there. Your chips will run at about 46% efficient.
121220.JPG

Thanks Fan,If you dont mind I would really like a parts list for a 8 light Vero 7 and place to buy im in the US.Thank You very much for all your help here on :420:
I don't like it man. I just don't like it a bit. It looks to be a kit that is very attractive because of the price difference from the other kits but you do end up with DE hps efficiency lights. Now this kit would be a slightly different ballgame if they offered it in the CLU 048 with the 1818's or something but the 1212 is just not a great chip for a whole array if you are looking to do an efficient light that will out perform hps per watt.

I see you would have $600 into 2 of the kits. You would be FAR FAR better served building this yourself with 7 gen Vero 29's. You can probably do the Vero 29's and still build an 8 chip array a good amount under that $600 and have a VERY efficient light compared to the 1212's! If its a matter of feeling lost in putting your own kit together then relax because that's what we are all here for. I could walk you through step by step.
We could give you the part numbers, places and step by step build instruction.

But if time is the problem so you have to buy instead I would highly suggest a different option. I have a few what I consider to be far better options.
1. Vs the 8X Citi 1212's for over $600 go with 1 of their 300W Cree kits in 3500k for $629. 6 Crees will by far outperform 8 of the 1212's. BY FAR!!! Not even close. Then down the road you could add if wanted but you may be just fine with 6 chips in your 2X3. That allows 2 rows of 3 chips and will look like this...
35901212.JPG

Just the 6 chips will not only outrun 8 of the 1212's but with 56% efficiency!

I tried to put another option together for you but to be honest the price on their Vero kits seems crazy high. A good 8 chip Vero 29 kit would do amazing as well but in your 2X3 it looks to be the option above would by far be best.

To be honest it's not often I get to recommend a Cree kit for the same cost as someones original plans just because Cree kits usually double someones original cost plan but in your case it's almost the same exact price!!!
Thanks Fanleaf,I would like a parts list and place to buy for 8 cob unit using Vero 29. I am in the USA.I would also like to thank you for all your effort here on :420: I will just have to make time Thanks again for all the help

Hey fan, here's dimension for the light
420-magazine-mobile1559590261.jpg

Yea I have mites, I had them during flower and couldn't really spray, ladybugs helped get thru till harvest. Going to give a 2nd spray tonight. I thought the mq500 read the blurples also 400nm to 700nm. Watched one of their YouTube vids, they said the older model had 63% error in the reds and the 500 corrected it. The sensor is a lot bigger than the older model. I got bored and watched few of their tutorials. Some of it pretty interesting

I was working away a lot last grow, had ph problems then the mites. I knew it was coming been awhile since last infestation . I sprayed some safer endall Saturday, I'm going to spray once more. Then give it couple rounds of mite massacre, I have some stronger stuff to finish them off. I have 5 fans a going to help keep breeding down. I also sprayed the room the tents in. Just hope that cures them so I can flip to flower in few weeks

Yea I have mites, I had them during flower and couldn't really spray, ladybugs helped get thru till harvest. Going to give a 2nd spray tonight. I thought the mq500 read the blurples also 400nm to 700nm. Watched one of their YouTube vids, they said the older model had 63% error in the reds and the 500 corrected it. The sensor is a lot bigger than the older model. I got bored and watched few of their tutorials. Some of it pretty interesting
Gotcha. Yeah, that 1100 par reading you got must have been dead center. Thats a small light with a pretty small core coverage. Coll as heck though.

The MQ 500 does read 400-700 and they did adjust for it. It is still very close with blurples but there are conversions from Apogee to make it even more accurate though. Thats why I say I dont worry about it though because its so close anyways..

That was center of light. The spread is pretty close to what they market, does great in a 3x3 at 400w. Bad thing is the efficiency is mid to low 40's, not much better than DE bulb for efficiency
Yeah, thats the thing I have grown to hate about blurple panels. The par in the center is the hot point but par numbers drop quick when going to one side or other. Cob arrays just provide such an even canopy ppfd.
Heck, low 40's is awesome for a blurple though lol.

Back
Top Bottom