Federal Legalization Of Cannabis Will Be A Disaster

EZCalyx

Just a quick look at what California has done should be a prime example of what the Federal government is capable of doing. They will tax the hell out of the medicine and make it difficult to make a profit. They will regulate the industry and control as much as they can. I predict the Federal government will give complete power, control and profit over the THC concentrates market to big pharma. You can be sure that before this happens politicians will personally invest in stocks of the company they give the contracts to.

They will regulate the industry and control as much as they can.
so fkn what, they will stop putting innocent plant lovers in prison cells....the red tape and loopholes will work themselves out later.

Just a quick look at what California has done should be a prime example of what the Federal government is capable of doing.
Part of the problem with voters and state legalization is that the voters rarely read the actual proposal on the ballot. The fine details are found there in the full proposal while most ballot language will only provide the basics of the proposal.

They will regulate the industry and control as much as they can.
so fkn what, they will stop putting innocent plant lovers in prison cells....the red tape and loopholes will work themselves out later.
It sounds like you are for decriminalization, which would be better. Your trust in the federal government is terrifying.

Part of the problem with voters and state legalization is that the voters rarely read the actual proposal on the ballot. The fine details are found there in the full proposal while most ballot language will only provide the basics of the proposal.
Agreed. Many many of the people who think they are doing their patriot duty by voting because the news says so and who only read the titles of laws, bills and propositions are playing right into their trap. Not everyone who can vote should. Everyone who has educated themselves, bases their political beliefs and opinions on facts and who are legal United States of America citizens of proper age should vote. The federal government should decriminalize the use of recreational cannabis, the farming of hemp for industrial products and allow states to decide how they want to handle regulating it. The less federal government involvement in our lives the better.

The federal government should decriminalize the use of recreational cannabis, the farming of hemp for industrial products and allow states to decide how they want to handle regulating it.
I am not sure about the states being able to handle it. Right now we are seeing the results of the state actions with higher taxes for every step of the game. We see states dragging their feet for years as they try to come up with regulations regarding how it will be grown, tested, transported from grower to seller, and on and on.

Decriminalize on a fed or state level, declassify with the DEA and any other govt department, and any taxes should be in line with that states general tax structure. Rules and regulations for the sales from growers to boutiques or whatever those businesses want to be called should be in line with the same as any bar, tavern, craft brewery tap room and neighborhood drug store.

Force to states to stop looking at legal sales as a cash cow they can keep draining till it dies.

I am not sure about the states being able to handle it. Right now we are seeing the results of the state actions with higher taxes for every step of the game. We see states dragging their feet for years as they try to come up with regulations regarding how it will be grown, tested, transported from grower to seller, and on and on.

Decriminalize on a fed or state level, declassify with the DEA and any other govt department, and any taxes should be in line with that states general tax structure. Rules and regulations for the sales from growers to boutiques or whatever those businesses want to be called should be in line with the same as any bar, tavern, craft brewery tap room and neighborhood drug store.

Force to states to stop looking at legal sales as a cash cow they can keep draining till it dies.
I totally agree, however, I do think that states should have more control over decision making regarding commerce within their territory and how to best implement it. I also am not sure about and don't trust any of our politicians handling anything that is of interest to US. As you mentioned earlier, we need to be very careful about all forms of cannabis legalization and read everything contained in the legislation. We need to be fully educated on each aspect of the new law. Any mention of it being taxed and regulated should be giant red flags. Once we give this power to the federal government we should be very sure of how they plan to use it. I feel this law is inevitable due to the tense political climate, Democrats are desperate for votes and cannabis is undeniably one of the most profitable and beneficial crops our world has ever seen.

"Force states to stop looking at legal sales as a cash cow they can keep draining till it dies." <-- YESSSSSS!!!!

A recent election here in Colorado had a proposed increase in cannabis tax. It failed, thank the sun.

That sounds a heck of alot like trusting the federal government to do whatever they want. If I am wrong with how I interpret your words feel free to correct me. I don't have to put words in your mouth. You allow them to fall out for me.

Again, federal legalization of cannabis will introduce more problems than it solves. It's ok disagree, this is simply my opinion.

If they do legalize it federally, then think about the medical allowances and even recreational that may sweep the states in the decades after. We'll be a 420 nation before long.

If they do legalize it federally, then think about the medical allowances and even recreational that may sweep the states in the decades after. We'll be a 420 nation before long.
Totally! And the government will profit while we pay for something that should have never been taken away in the first place. We should be able to grow as many plants as we want on our own land free of property tax and sell the fruits of our own labor. Hooray for the government allowing us to do things that they directly profit from!

In my perfect utopian dream for its future (which don't exist).. I would hope for a complete descheduling and making it a states rights issue, and the federal government should have zero hands in it period. The only Federal involvement IMO should be, regulating export/import outside of our country, and potentially assisting with cordinating with interstate commerce guidance as well as things that are already in place like packaging laws (advertising to children, childproof containers, no falsifying info like weights or claims)

No federal tax, no federal regulations... notta.. The less Federal anything IMO the better... completely remove it from the Controlled substance list...

Again I said in my Utopian dreams as this is extremely unlikely to ever happen... Our greedy politicians would never do anything that doesn't involve them sucking more tax money out of us and extorting god given freedoms in exchange for paid permission slips.

I 100% agree and great idea! I wish more people actually understood what voting for more Federal control of anything actually does to all of our lives. Giving the Federal Government more power is exactly what the Constitution was designed to protect against. It gets even scarier as the Federal Government tries to strip us of the our 1st and 2nd amendment rights while one political side has convinced their constituency that taking away these rights will save Democracy.<--Amazing that this is true but not really when the same side is pushing drag shows for children. Cannabis should have always been legal but generations of Americans have been indoctrinated by misinformation promulgated by none other than the Federal Government. It ramped up after the Mexican Revolution of 1910 when Mexican immigrants brought "Marijuana" on the scene. I am so glad they did.

The fact of the matter is that anything short of total legalization and taking cannabis off the drug schedule all together is a scam, period.
There is no reason whatsoever to make a substance that has never killed even one person in history and is not physically addicting, illegal in anyway.

Its basically the same as making tomatoes illegal.

I 100% agree and great idea! I wish more people actually understood what voting for more Federal control of anything actually does to all of our lives. Giving the Federal Government more power is exactly what the Constitution was designed to protect against. It gets even scarier as the Federal Government tries to strip us of the our 1st and 2nd amendment rights while one political side has convinced their constituency that taking away these rights will save Democracy.<--Amazing that this is true but not really when the same side is pushing drag shows for children. Cannabis should have always been legal but generations of Americans have been indoctrinated by misinformation promulgated by none other than the Federal Government. It ramped up after the Mexican Revolution of 1910 when Mexican immigrants brought "Marijuana" on the scene. I am so glad they did.
AMEN to all of what you said!!! I wholeheartedly agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom