Female or Male? Help me identify this pic :)

M00gle

Hey guys. I'm not sure what sex this Ice plant is. It doesn't look like a pollen sac but I don't see a pistol. Right now I'm leaning towards a female. I sure would hope so because this plant is growing nice and bushy. Would make a great mother.

Here's the closeup!

The one on the left is pictured above and will hopefully be my mother.

Thanks guys for taking a look!:thanks:

IMO. Still hard to tell.

What stage of growth are you in? Usually a couple of weeks (12-14 days) of flower will bring out the goodies.

Cheers.
SF

PS. Here's a couple of posts you might find helpful.

SF

They're still in veg and are about 1.5 months old. I am trying to tell what type of plant they are because I am a medicinal grower and have to deal with plant limits. If I can get rid of it I can make room for some other plants.

THanks for the links stinkfinger. Those help but I just am not sure because I don't see any pistol hairs coming out of that pointed pistol looking thing. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait a bit more lol! :thumb:

They're still in veg and are about 1.5 months old. I am trying to tell what type of plant they are because I am a medicinal grower and have to deal with plant limits. If I can get rid of it I can make room for some other plants.

THanks for the links stinkfinger. Those help but I just am not sure because I don't see any pistol hairs coming out of that pointed pistol looking thing. I guess I'll just have to be patient and wait a bit more lol! :thumb:

Yeah, I'm not the most experienced grower, but I think you need to put them into flower (12/12 lights) for them to start to show sex, which will usually happen around 10-14 days after you switch the light cycle. Then you can either re-veg them (back to 18+ lights) or continue to flower them.

Someone here will confirm this (or point something else out).

SF

Yeah, I'm not the most experienced grower, but I think you need to put them into flower (12/12 lights) for them to start to show sex, which will usually happen around 10-14 days after you switch the light cycle. Then you can either re-veg them (back to 18+ lights) or continue to flower them.

SF

Yup pretty much. Good help StinkFinger ;):bravo:

SF

You make a good point. Not to argue, but in the past I've always been able to determine the sex before I put the plants into 12/12. But I guess each strains different.

When the plant reaches sexual maturity after a couple months it will start to show it's sex. You'll know it's sexually mature when the nodes start to come out staggered, instead of even.

But yeah, you could always start to flower it then revert it, but reversion would take 1 month. My solution was to just buy a feminized seed, then clone from that.

Plants look female to me, CONGRATS!
Also the plants should show sex under veg stage when they are 'mature'. Throwing them in a long nights darkness and then 12/12 will definately show sex.

Back
Top Bottom