Feral's Journal Of Insanity & Some Growing

That witch is awesome mate.. thanks.. :passitleft:

Not sure at all mate, never seen that, kinda looks like salty residue or something but you would think it would absorb into the res solution. Id just be flushing and then refill with fresh nutes and see if it happens again ;)
I flushed twice this run and both times recently bc of this, I thought the same way you did but then had to ask for advice bc of how it looks I swear when I stand above looking at it the spots move like they are alive

Also I am germinating my c99, blue dream, and amnesia auto, and am doing a auto run along with a lot of photo brother I am excited my new tent and light Monday at the latest

I've done some trimming and training tonight pre stretch

Reckon I'll give em a couple more weeks before flip

20170513_010255.jpg
20170513_010217.jpg
20170513_010158.jpg
20170513_010353.jpg
20170513_010410.jpg

Re: Feral's Journal Of Insanity & Some Growing

Feral I got a question, however this is not something I like doing on people's journals cause I feel like I am stealing the spotlight :rofl: but it is about CMH bulbs that I saw and if it can be run on normal magnetic ballasts? If I got a 250w CMH bulb and run a 250w ballast would it work and is it worth it?? Anybody that can give advice would be appreciated

Re: Feral's Journal Of Insanity & Some Growing

:high-five:

That witch is awesome mate.. thanks.. :passitleft:

Thanks mate, it just stood out to me, so much I couldn't unsee it :rofl:

I flushed twice this run and both times recently bc of this, I thought the same way you did but then had to ask for advice bc of how it looks I swear when I stand above looking at it the spots move like they are alive

If it is moving it could be pests, might be best off to do a flush with some h2o2 which should kill off any pest activity in the res and clean the roots ;)

Also I am germinating my c99, blue dream, and amnesia auto, and am doing a auto run along with a lot of photo brother I am excited my new tent and light Monday at the latest

Cant wait bro, looks like some awesome gear you got :)

what type of medium is the seedlings in ? Seems like a lot of wood chips and I was under the assumption that you didn't want to much chips.

Its just a cheap soil from my local hardware, I think it costs me around $2.50 a bag ;) probably does have a little too much woodchip in there but I remove a lot of it when I'm potting things up, I wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't know what they are doing that's for sure. I mainly use it for germination as it doesn't hold much water at all, actually runs through it a lot like coco but a bit more forgiving in the outdoor sun if I cant make it up there to water them :) Once germinated they will either usually go to coco or washed off and transplanted to clay balls, only place I run soil all the way through is outdoors, these seedlings I have in the trays are my own crosses so have hundreds of seeds, so much I don't mind if there is poor germination but everything seems to love it ;)

I've done some trimming and training tonight pre stretch

Reckon I'll give em a couple more weeks before flip

20170513_010255.jpg
20170513_010217.jpg
20170513_010158.jpg
20170513_010353.jpg
20170513_010410.jpg

Damn they are looking good mate, going to be an awesome full canopy after stretch :)

Feral I got a question, however this is not something I like doing on people's journals cause I feel like I am stealing the spotlight :rofl: but it is about CMH bulbs that I saw and if it can be run on normal magnetic ballasts? If I got a 250w CMH bulb and run a 250w ballast would it work and is it worth it?? Anybody that can give advice would be appreciated

I wouldn't have a clue about any cmh apart from 315w, I'm not sure its the same technology as LEC only comes in 315w or 630w (dual 315w), tbh I wouldn't go wasting my money on cheap cmh systems, id probably go out and run a 600w hps If I didn't have access to the 315's, will still have amazing results, that's what my Red Diesel was grown under :thumb:
Have heard of people lighting 315w bulbs off mag ballasts but not sure which ones, tbh I wouldn't even try it considering how expensive these bulbs are, only takes one and I'm out $200 ;)

:passitleft:

I feel you brother it is a shit load of money to waste if not done properly. Me and Skoondawg was just discussing it since we stumbled on it and I was bugging him saying I would love a CMH setup but then again he wanks off going on about the costs :rofl::rofl: like it hasn't been said already. Would really prefer proper 315w hood from Philips, I really do hope I can get some in 2018 and that the price has come down a bit. Might go twin or even three of those in a single tent that is nice and big to house them. Guess HPS 600 is still the way to go after this small LED grow :passitleft: shot for the advice man

Thanks mate ;) I put a few more bids on this round, will probably get outbid, only one I put good money on was g13 haze ;) I'm almost outbid though by the looks of it :rofl: ive had my eye on that g13 haze from the beginning so may even up my bid on it, hopefully a new skunk gets put up soon too :)
Where's the seed auction ?

2 new skunks yo, got a bid of $50 on one. Wish they'd put a buy now up, I'd just get it..

Awesome, will have to check it out when i get home it would make it so much easier if there was a buy now but not sure how much stock they have of them, im thinking it wouldnt be much considering its the only place you can buy them id be happy to pay 65 for them all day, just seems every one i bid on goes higher lol

They have previously been up on buy now.. all those new strains are $50 when the buy now comes up. I'm really shattered I didn't get grail widow last time it was up, haven't seen it for a few months now but the smoke reports coming in, sounds like it's the grail..

I feel you brother it is a shit load of money to waste if not done properly. Me and Skoondawg was just discussing it since we stumbled on it and I was bugging him saying I would love a CMH setup but then again he wanks off going on about the costs :rofl::rofl: like it hasn't been said already. Would really prefer proper 315w hood from Philips, I really do hope I can get some in 2018 and that the price has come down a bit. Might go twin or even three of those in a single tent that is nice and big to house them. Guess HPS 600 is still the way to go after this small LED grow :passitleft: shot for the advice man

I've seen a few journals on the cheap 315 cmh bulb and ballast and no complaints on them,I've also read Phillips don't make the bulb any more and the other brand one is just as good spectrum wise.If it were me Ide save and buy the hi par but so far Havnt seen any bad reports from the half priced cheaper brand.

Got to remember though, that's just info I've found looking through google search and can't believe everything you read on the internet:)
Hope all that came out right

the cheap ones probably work fine but I have not used one so I cant recommend them ;) all I can recommend are the ones I'm using :thumb: saying that, if anyone does decide to buy the cheapie, please let us know how they go, make sure you get the proper 315w cmh, none of the 250w, 400w "so called cmh", basically just rebranded hps systems, also need to remember when the bulb goes are you going to find a replacement? :thumb: can always upgrade to phillips or other 315 bulbs down the track as long as you are running the 315w ballast :)

Back
Top Bottom