Fertilizing

1stimeFarmer

Hey guys has anybody tried spraying the leaves instead of watering the root to fertilize? Im curious if that'd work or just a newby mistake. Any answers?? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGMS631 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My feeding schedule goes like this.

I water first, when soils starts getting dry, its nutrient time. I switch that up every other time. Each nutrient feeding going onto the next week on the feeding schedule you have established before your grow. I apply my Foliar feeding every other day before lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Foliar feeding is a bit like icing on the cake. It helps but is nowhere near as effective as putting the food they need down where they expect it (in the root zone). I've read not to count on foliar feeding for more than 10% - 15% of what the plant needs. It is not a replacement for proper soil or feeding.

My feeding schedule goes like this.

I water first, when soils starts getting dry, its nutrient time. I switch that up every other time. Each nutrient feeding going onto the next week on the feeding schedule you have established before your grow. I apply my Foliar feeding every other day before lights out.

Sounds like a Really idea. Good results with that?

Foliar feeding is a bit like icing on the cake. It helps but is nowhere near as effective as putting the food they need down where they expect it (in the root zone). I've read not to count on foliar feeding for more than 10% - 15% of what the plant needs. It is not a replacement for proper soil or feeding.
Do you use liquid fert?

Do you use liquid fert?

Yes. Several.
I've used all the foliars in Doc's DBHBB "kit" and others, like calcium nitrate.

The problem with foliars is, you have to keep the concentrations low to avoid burning the leaves. Leaves are not great at absorbing this stuff. They were designed for photosynthesis. Even roots can get burned, but at MUCH higher concentrations - more than the plant ever needs. Not so for the leaves. You can't get enough on the leaves to keep the feeding optimum w/o destroying them (burning and/or clogging the stomata).

My question is how do i fertilize well without overwatering? I usually water with nutes n without every other time. I dont like just watering with brown water. That's why im willing to try it because it looks more effective meaning its right there on the plant affecting it obviously. #Help

My question is how do i fertilize well without overwatering? I usually water with nutes n without every other time. I dont like just watering with brown water. That's why im willing to try it because it looks more effective meaning its right there on the plant affecting it obviously. #Help

I probably can't help you if you don't like water that isn't clear. You can use GH Flora and have colored water (not brown).
I disagree about foliars being more effective. Yes, they are right on the plant, but the same it true for feeding the roots. The difference is, the roots are designed to absorb water and nutrients. I use foliar feeding all the time - just not for the primary source of nute's. It is best as a supplement, IMO.

I'm BIG on NOT over-watering, but I don't see that has anything to do with it. You can under-fertilize, feed correctly, or over-fertilize without ever over-watering. BTW, I grow in soil and soil-less mediums. If you use coco or hydro, IDK.

420-magazine-mobile858923871.jpg

Back
Top Bottom