FFOF & Flush & Plain Water - Equals Magnesium Def?

TheFertilizer

So this plant was looking a little nitrogen toxic a week ago or so, so I flushed it with some water, waited for it to dry out and transplanted from a 3 gallon pot to a 7 gallon. Both had FFOF in it. I've never used ocean forrest before and I have an issue with it.

Well always hearing about how hot ocean forrest is, I assumed I could just keep giving it plain water. It started to discolor in a pattern that looks like magnesium or nitrogen def., I can't tell, but I am confused also because it seems like it has some burnt tips.

Does FFOF need calmag supplements even though it's loaded with other nutrients? I gave it a full dose of complete nutrients (400 ppm mix so not too hot) but wondering if I should move forward with calmag supplementation with plain water in an alternating pattern, or if I should continue with full nutrients but maybe at half strength to account for the nutrients in the soil.

I'm using GH Flora Nova but I think it's gone bad, which could account to for this because I have been counting on it for calmag. GH says the stuff stays good for 1 year, it's going on 2 now. I mixed it half and half with Growmore All Season Plant Food, but that doesn't have calmag either. So the only calmag it has got for a week or two is what is in the soil and in my expired Flora Nova. I gave it some Botanicare CalMag yesterday and she looks much perkier.

IMG_20170323_093138.jpg
IMG_20170323_093146.jpg

It's easy to see the tips being burnt here too but that confuses me because it would seem to suggest an abundance of nutrients, yet clearly there's a lack of either nitrogen or magnesium. I didn't get a picture of the lower leaves but they're doing it too. Lower and new growth.

So anyway my question is after I get some fresh bottle of Flora Nova, should I continue to supplement only CalMag or feed it the full base nutrient package too? Is ocean forrest designed to be used with plain water? I known there's a whole Fox Farms nutrient kit and feeding schedule, but frankly I have no plans to spend an arm and a leg on it, I wanna know how to use my nutrients with it.
(There's a list of them and all their ingredients in the very first post of my last journal)
My nutrients are...

General Hydro Flora Nova Grow and Bloom
Growmore All Season Plant Food and Hawaiian Bud and Bloom
Armor Si
Botanicare CalMag
Fox Farms Cha Ching (but I use the Growmore stuff)

re: FFOF & Flush & Plain Water - Equals Magnesium Def?

I also use Fox Farm ocean forest soil and Fox Farms nutrients. Everything that I have read has said that you need to add Cal Mag to Fox Farms. I've also read that it is good for just a couple of weeks using just water. But you always want to add calcium and magnesium But I'm sure using any other soils would probably have to add it to. Definitely get yourself some :) I am a newbie but that's what it looks like to me

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

re: FFOF & Flush & Plain Water - Equals Magnesium Def?

I also use Fox Farm ocean forest soil and Fox Farms nutrients. Everything that I have read has said that you need to add Cal Mag to Fox Farms. I've also read that it is good for just a couple of weeks using just water. But you always want to add calcium and magnesium But I'm sure using any other soils would probably have to add it to. Definitely get yourself some :) I am a newbie but that's what it looks like to me

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

Okay, that's what I was thinking but I swore I heard someone before saying they ran it through their whole harvest with just water. I've only completed a couple cycles so I'd say I'm still pretty newbish too lol

I'll stick with the Botanicare CalMag until I get some new Flora Nova too, just to be sure.

I have done 2 successful grows and am on my 3rd right now. All done in FFOF. I have added cal-mag everytime I mix up the nutes. I had read that FFOF has enough nutes for the first month, After that it needs replenished. I also use everything in the pic and follow GH feeding charts.
20201231_151352[1].jpg
20201231_151439[1].jpg
I'm glad he finally got his answer :passitleft: he's been waiting since 2017 :rofl:

I'm fukn with ya :rofl: I've done it, I mean what do you expect with a bunch of people who smoke and eat cannabis :lot-o-toke::goof:

And BTW, all that is overkill :popcorn: take a walk through my garden and take a peak, I'm in FFOF with the FF nutrient trio and Botanicare cal-mag...all you need :morenutes::morenutes::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom