First Attempt At Making Hash

You definitely need to look at those videos from GWE. Maybe see what you can comb out of Yutube on making hash.

Making hash with dry ice has a different approach compared to using ice water. Using dry ice, you sift the material through the finest mesh first. When using ice water, you filter through progressively finer screens to remove impurities until you get to the 73 micron which scoops out the last of the trichomes.

If you were going to use dry ice for sure, and only wanted to buy 1 screen bag, then I agree with Hplar and use 100 micron.

You definitely need to look at those videos from GWE. Maybe see what you can comb out of Yutube on making hash.

Making hash with dry ice has a different approach compared to using ice water. Using dry ice, you sift the material through the finest mesh first. When using ice water, you filter through progressively finer screens to remove impurities until you get to the 73 micron which scoops out the last of the trichomes.

If you were going to use dry ice for sure, and only wanted to buy 1 screen bag, then I agree with Hplar and use 100 micron.

I will. I’m a little anxious because I have a plant that had some nutrient burn and so I’ve had to take it down and I am in the middle of harvesting it. Since they’re going to be really airy buds I want to find a way to make something else out of it.

I ordered a 120 rather than all three. It’s a work in progress. Thanks for referring me the that web site Palesun. I only want it to created a keif/hash that is measurable for cooking up edibles. As I mentioned I had to take down a plant because I mistakenly gave it’s too much potash. The leaves were brittle and dying and the buds did not fatten up.

That being said, I have learned my lesson in using amendments during growing and I’m going to go by the premixed fertilizer going forward

A fallen soldier gone too soon....sigh

I gotta laugh because as a newb I grew several plants and the work I went through with just this one tells my I’ll have THC for Christmas gifts. J/k
ED2F21C6-97B0-4DFC-BE55-8A039709D20B.jpeg

Once you guys got your kief take some parchment paper and wrap the kief into a flat bundle. Then put a towel on a ironing board then the kief packet and another towel on top. Then iron it out into hash. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Kismet, thanks you for your response. I like that. Going to try it

What are your thoughts if I use 75 microns for hash and 160 micron to get for edibles hash?

G

Once you guys got your kief take some parchment paper and wrap the kief into a flat bundle. Then put a towel on a ironing board then the kief packet and another towel on top. Then iron it out into hash. Only takes a couple of minutes.
I have some OG Kush auto flowers that have been curing for about a week that got pollinated by accident that I was gonna pull the seeds from and then sift into kief. I'm gonna do this and see what I come up with. I'll try it shortly, but can't guarantee anything - been hittin' the Jameson's bottle (again), so nothing's set in stone. But I'll give it a shot (no pun intended...).

I have some OG Kush auto flowers that have been curing for about a week that got pollinated by accident that I was gonna pull the seeds from and then sift into kief. I'm gonna do this and see what I come up with. I'll try it shortly, but can't guarantee anything - been hittin' the Jameson's bottle (again), so nothing's set in stone. But I'll give it a shot (no pun intended...).
Oh, as far as method, I'm just gonna dry sift it through a 73 micron bubble hash bag using a credit card to move it back and forth (after I grind it up, of course).

I think I may have gotten a bit too tipsy on the Jameson's to complete this tonight. But I got the bud all broken up, and then ground it in a standard 4 part grinder onto a pizza pan, then put it in the freezer to stiffen up the trichs. Hopefully it'll be cold enough for me to pull the hash from it tonight. But I don't trust myself with self heating implements of destruction (or at least implements of reconstruction) to reformate this substance into a nice ball of hash. Maybe tomorrow for that part.

I think I may have gotten a bit too tipsy on the Jameson's to complete this tonight. But I got the bud all broken up, and then ground it in a standard 4 part grinder onto a pizza pan, then put it in the freezer to stiffen up the trichs. Hopefully it'll be cold enough for me to pull the hash from it tonight. But I don't trust myself with self heating implements of destruction (or at least implements of reconstruction) to reformate this substance into a nice ball of hash. Maybe tomorrow for that part.

By safe man. I wouldn’t trust myself lol. I ordered the bag set. Going use the dry ice method. Seems so much faster.

CrazyChef,

i'm laughing as i update myself through this thread!!! god bless you and the Jameson's. i'd be right there with you brother!
i'm loving staying with this thread...i've never made hash except for the finger variety, but these bags are slick and so are some of the other ideas...
thanks ya'll and here's hoping to some plentiful harvests and productive hash recipes

Has anyone tried this in a walk in freezer or outside in the winter when its 30 below .
Wouldn't warm up as quick ,after pulling out of the freezer & give you a lot more time to knock off those trichomes.
Guess I got to get a bag & try this winter

Has anyone tried this in a walk in freezer or outside in the winter when its 30 below .
Wouldn't warm up as quick ,after pulling out of the freezer & give you a lot more time to knock off those trichomes.
Guess I got to get a bag & try this winter

I’ll drive up to Tahoe this winter as well.

That’s funny. Keep imagining myself outside shaking the shit out of a yellow bag!

Back
Top Bottom