First Ever Grow - Auto White Widow x Auto Candy Cane

Yeah, if you have the room outside the tent your are better off as long as the tent is inside a bedroom or something. If the tent was in an open basement, it may be as effective.

Light positioning looks good. If you want a little more coverage you could move them up a couple of inches as well, that is if you find coverage over each plant isn't quite even.

I know what it's like trying to deal with 4 plants in a tent. I was using a DIY 4x4 tent on my first indoor grow and I had 4 - 5gallon buckets in there lol It got to the point once they were bigger and flowering to just pull them right out of the tent for pictures and feeding since they were hempy buckets. Gets crowded fast!

When you're mixing up nutes, are you PH adjusting the water before you add nutes? If so, there's no need to do that. Just use the water as it is, add nutes, then ph adjust. And I'm not to sure if just using the tiger bloom is ok or not lol I would keep going by the schedule that FF gives you on the bottles. Most of the 3 parts are the same and will require a little of each through the entire grow and sometimes just 2. Anything aside from the 3part nutes (micro, grow, bloom) in the same lineup of nutes are additives/supplements, such as your calmag.
Hell yeah man thanks. Yeah it's getting packed in there but im not complaining. First world problems haha. I always mix my nutes up then ph. They all seem to be happy with my feed feed water schedule. All my issues are going away now since I'm learning not to over do it. Im finally getting my humidity down to 60 so I'm gonna buy that dehumidifier soon. Probably just get a small one to put right outside the tent

Haha, I know what ya mean about getting packed.. I still got room but not enough light source, but it's still kinda crammed when I'm trying to move plants around to get at others.. I find it never matters how big of a space you have, you will always run out of sufficient room to move around because you always end up adding more plants and taking up the space! it's like, "oh, I can fit a plant here, and move these ones around to fit another one over here.. " lmao

Yes your plants do seem happy so just keep doing what you're doing. No need to change anything now at this point unless something comes up :) I am here for the journey and will help out the best I can!

Haha, I know what ya mean about getting packed.. I still got room but not enough light source, but it's still kinda crammed when I'm trying to move plants around to get at others.. I find it never matters how big of a space you have, you will always run out of sufficient room to move around because you always end up adding more plants and taking up the space! it's like, "oh, I can fit a plant here, and move these ones around to fit another one over here.. " lmao

Yes your plants do seem happy so just keep doing what you're doing. No need to change anything now at this point unless something comes up :) I am here for the journey and will help out the best I can!
Hell yeah my man. They seem to be happy and budding great. Stanky in there haha. I turned my dehumidifier option off on my window unit and set it back to ac and my humidity is doing way better. I hope they stay happy I don't mess with them much except to water and feed

Good to hear, generally if you're happy the plants are happy and vice versa lol You should be able to ride this one out fairly well now, won't take much from here on out. Just some loving, minor bending or leaf tucking and more nutes! :morenutes:

Great job!

Good to hear, generally if you're happy the plants are happy and vice versa lol You should be able to ride this one out fairly well now, won't take much from here on out. Just some loving, minor bending or leaf tucking and more nutes! :morenutes:

Great job!
Hell yeah man that's what I like to hear lol. Couldn't have done it without you. I learned alot and already looking forward to the next grow. Probably gonna have to let that one ww stay a little longer than the others. Do you think I should put my cheap led grow panels in as side lights? And what about going up to half strength nutes or just stay with what's working?

Ah, thanks man. I'm sure you could have though, or if it wasn't me here helping, someone else would be :) Good to hear you're looking forward to the next grow already. No need to try anything to crazy different yet either, get another grow under your belt the way you did this one but tweak little things, get a little more brave with the plants and lst more, get that solid experience. Once you got those 2 grows in, you can start fiddling with some other things that may interest you. Not telling you what to do or nothing, but solid experience and learning to read the plants needs and capabilities is key!

Sure you could put your other lights in there as side lighting. As long as it isn't going to inconvenience you somehow with extra wires, things in the way and such it shouldn't be a problem. People are always looking for way to throw in some side lighting, it's impossible to give the whole plant light from above :)

You were at 1/4 strength or was it 2/3 nutes? If your plants aren't showing any deficiencies then I wouldn't really bother going to crazy. If you have a bulking agent or a terpenoid juice of some sort you could add extra of that. Half strength shouldn't really hurt anything though if you wanted to try it out but otherwise your plants look healthy!

Ah, thanks man. I'm sure you could have though, or if it wasn't me here helping, someone else would be :) Good to hear you're looking forward to the next grow already. No need to try anything to crazy different yet either, get another grow under your belt the way you did this one but tweak little things, get a little more brave with the plants and lst more, get that solid experience. Once you got those 2 grows in, you can start fiddling with some other things that may interest you. Not telling you what to do or nothing, but solid experience and learning to read the plants needs and capabilities is key!

Sure you could put your other lights in there as side lighting. As long as it isn't going to inconvenience you somehow with extra wires, things in the way and such it shouldn't be a problem. People are always looking for way to throw in some side lighting, it's impossible to give the whole plant light from above :)

You were at 1/4 strength or was it 2/3 nutes? If your plants aren't showing any deficiencies then I wouldn't really bother going to crazy. If you have a bulking agent or a terpenoid juice of some sort you could add extra of that. Half strength shouldn't really hurt anything though if you wanted to try it out but otherwise your plants look healthy!
Sorry man I just seen where you replied. My app has been on the fritz lately. Thanks for putting up with me

Alright guys I'm on day 65 and everything is looking pretty great around here. I got a small dehumidifier to put in there it's doing OK but not the best. At least it's helping and not hurting. My plants seem to be ok I just hate that the rh is about 60% hopefully no mold. The bottom leaves are dying off a little but doesn't seem like cause for alarm. I have the two cc half strength nutes and the ww half strength. Hopefully they all like it lol

Candy cane #1
420-magazine-mobile861754981.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1090529884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1121524449.jpg

Candy cane #2 the nute burn seems to be working itself out with my lower dose
420-magazine-mobile619234674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile358054552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile706418206.jpg

White widow #1 lower leaves seem to need more light
420-magazine-mobile1522256208.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1219187284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile720682682.jpg

White widow #2 seems to be budding slow probably be in longer than the others. She drinks alot of water
420-magazine-mobile1074513032.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1127763660.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1089619625.jpg

Nice bud

Thanks for all update

Those candy cane are tough plants if totally buy the seed again

Your going to love it nice and crystal ly lol

Nice bud

Thanks for all update

Those candy cane are tough plants if totally buy the seed again

Your going to love it nice and crystal ly lol
They are nice and crystaly haha. My ww are 2 totally different plants but the cc is about just alike. Probably won't do 2 different strains next time it's a little bit of a hassle

Sorry man I just seen where you replied. My app has been on the fritz lately. Thanks for putting up with me

Hey man, no worries! I've been keeping myself busy lol

The plants are looking great! Good job.
Good that you got a little dehumidifier, it's sitting in the tent with the plants and you can't get the RH down much?

I am going to guess that the Candy Cane's have at least 3 different phenotypes, if not 4.. I had 2 different ones on my first grow with somewhat similar buds but grew totally different, more airy sativa type buds.. You have a pheno that looks close to the pictures on the CKS website but not quite the same still.. So there must be 4 of them I am guessing? I like CKS and they treated me very well with good strains, but I am on the search for more solid old school genetics now.
I think my next order is going to include some Mr Nice Seeds, Ortega and something else, haven't decided yet.. Ortega is made up from the original Nothern Lights plants, NL#1 x NL#5, it was basically the last attempt to bring back what could be salvaged of the original NL strain :) The other strain will likely be a Haze or Skunk cross.

They are nice and crystaly haha. My ww are 2 totally different plants but the cc is about just alike. Probably won't do 2 different strains next time it's a little bit of a hassle

Yeah thinking the same thing

Hey man, no worries! I've been keeping myself busy lol

The plants are looking great! Good job.
Good that you got a little dehumidifier, it's sitting in the tent with the plants and you can't get the RH down much?

I am going to guess that the Candy Cane's have at least 3 different phenotypes, if not 4.. I had 2 different ones on my first grow with somewhat similar buds but grew totally different, more airy sativa type buds.. You have a pheno that looks close to the pictures on the CKS website but not quite the same still.. So there must be 4 of them I am guessing? I like CKS and they treated me very well with good strains, but I am on the search for more solid old school genetics now.
I think my next order is going to include some Mr Nice Seeds, Ortega and something else, haven't decided yet.. Ortega is made up from the original Nothern Lights plants, NL#1 x NL#5, it was basically the last attempt to bring back what could be salvaged of the original NL strain :) The other strain will likely be a Haze or Skunk cross.
Hell yeah you have been staying busy lol. You got your hands full. Yeah my buds are fattening up. Except for my big ww it looks like a sativa and the buds aren't getting very big. My next grow is going to be 4 Bubba fresh seeds for norstar in cali. Yeah I went for a cheap dehumidifier and it's working but not very good. My low rh is 40 and high is 70% I'm hoping the bottom yellow and dying leaves are just part of the process lol

Hell yeah you have been staying busy lol. You got your hands full. Yeah my buds are fattening up. Except for my big ww it looks like a sativa and the buds aren't getting very big. My next grow is going to be 4 Bubba fresh seeds for norstar in cali. Yeah I went for a cheap dehumidifier and it's working but not very good. My low rh is 40 and high is 70% I'm hoping the bottom yellow and dying leaves are just part of the process lol

Yeah I was fairly busy lol But I have now gotten all the flowering girls cut down and hanging so I now feel like there's not much to do in there lol Just need to get some money together to do some revamping in the flower room, I will be flowering in the veg room for this time around since that's where the scrogs are set up. I am hoping I get the bid on this roofing job, that will throw me some cash to get the things I need, including a couple new led panels :)

Nice, Bubba Fresh, I haven't heard of that one yet. Will have to look it up later I guess!

Sometimes ya get what ya pay for when it comes to small appliances hey, it sucks really when ya gotta drop cash on something extra like that.

Them few yellowing leaves are nothing to worry about, it's normal for plant that size and age to start dropping some lower leaves here and there that don't get any light to them. If it were a whole bunch of them I'd be concerned.

Yeah I was fairly busy lol But I have now gotten all the flowering girls cut down and hanging so I now feel like there's not much to do in there lol Just need to get some money together to do some revamping in the flower room, I will be flowering in the veg room for this time around since that's where the scrogs are set up. I am hoping I get the bid on this roofing job, that will throw me some cash to get the things I need, including a couple new led panels :)

Nice, Bubba Fresh, I haven't heard of that one yet. Will have to look it up later I guess!

Sometimes ya get what ya pay for when it comes to small appliances hey, it sucks really when ya gotta drop cash on something extra like that.

Them few yellowing leaves are nothing to worry about, it's normal for plant that size and age to start dropping some lower leaves here and there that don't get any light to them. If it were a whole bunch of them I'd be concerned.
Hell yeah I just got my new business started so I'm waiting on this contract to start making some real money lol. I figured they weren't too bad bc of how well the buds are doing. I can't even touch em they are so sticky lol. Since I'm using fox farms, I was thinking about ordering some of their cha ching but don't know how good it works. It had good reviews. Hey quick question. I was thinking since I'm about a month away from harvest that I would go on and start my next run and just put them in the same tent since I don't have a veg tent yet. Think that will be ok? I'm glad you got em chopped, hopefully you have some left over from last run so you don't rush em haha. Congrats bro

Good to hear about the contract, good job! :thumb: My roofing stuff is mostly just weekend work during the spring and summer, side jobs basically when I'm not working during road bans and our slow time. Fall and winter are our busy periods :)

Yeah they can get pretty sticky lol. Wait til you go to trim them all up, you may want some latex gloves but I never bother with them. I just find a spot on the stem to hold and go at it with the snips.

I've heard of the cha ching but to be honest it's not something I can give any info on. Asking around in other journals may help you find something out as well. Maybe see if you can find one where the grower is using fox farms, just a simple search and a few questions is all it takes sometimes.

Yes, since you are growing auto's and still on an 18/6 light cycle you can certainly start more plants, auto or photoperiod. Just take into consideration how much room you will need since the plants will be 3 to 4 weeks old when you are about to harvest these ones. If you are growing auto's again then you will want to ensure all of the plants are still going to have adequate light to them during that time since you need all you can get for the short veg stage. Just something to think about.. If growing photo plants it's no big deal cause you can just veg longer if needed.

Nope, none left over from the last run, it was a while back now. I just started getting a more perpetual grow happening, I plan to always have something going now and eventually will always have something in the flower room. Just need to get the upgrades done first. Lot less hassle having all them plants down though, had 14 or 15 plants going at once lol It's time for me to start focusing on growing wider and bushier plants with a bigger yield.. With new laws coming next year I want to be prepared and have things down pat by then for a total of 4 plants at any given time.

Good to hear about the contract, good job! :thumb: My roofing stuff is mostly just weekend work during the spring and summer, side jobs basically when I'm not working during road bans and our slow time. Fall and winter are our busy periods :)

Yeah they can get pretty sticky lol. Wait til you go to trim them all up, you may want some latex gloves but I never bother with them. I just find a spot on the stem to hold and go at it with the snips.

I've heard of the cha ching but to be honest it's not something I can give any info on. Asking around in other journals may help you find something out as well. Maybe see if you can find one where the grower is using fox farms, just a simple search and a few questions is all it takes sometimes.

Yes, since you are growing auto's and still on an 18/6 light cycle you can certainly start more plants, auto or photoperiod. Just take into consideration how much room you will need since the plants will be 3 to 4 weeks old when you are about to harvest these ones. If you are growing auto's again then you will want to ensure all of the plants are still going to have adequate light to them during that time since you need all you can get for the short veg stage. Just something to think about.. If growing photo plants it's no big deal cause you can just veg longer if needed.

Nope, none left over from the last run, it was a while back now. I just started getting a more perpetual grow happening, I plan to always have something going now and eventually will always have something in the flower room. Just need to get the upgrades done first. Lot less hassle having all them plants down though, had 14 or 15 plants going at once lol It's time for me to start focusing on growing wider and bushier plants with a bigger yield.. With new laws coming next year I want to be prepared and have things down pat by then for a total of 4 plants at any given time.
Hell yeah man have to have them side jobs to pay for our hobbies lol. I bet you don't know what to do with all that room you have now haha. Well I have some of them cheap led flat panels from when I first started, maybe I will build a little box and just keep them in there. I also have a cheap duct fan for some fresh air since they don't need as much in veg. I just want to have a steady supply. Not alot but a little lol. I'll look around for cha ching users it says it helps with fattening buds and resin. I'm like you I wouldn't have anything left over either. My gf smokes like a chimney lol. If she doesn't have a bong in her hand, I think she's sick . I might wait a week to germ these seeds but I have plywood and boards so I'm thinking of just making a small veg tent and then maybe use it to harvest this load after it's done. I'm just scared my big ww is gonna have to stay longer than the others. The buds are just still really small especially since it's 4 feet tall with a 3 inch stalk. It's so fat lol

I started going back to the beginning of my journal to get ready for the next grow bc that's what it's for right? Lol. And seen how awesome you have been thru this grow lol. But I seen you said you grew purple kush, how was it and what were the genetics? I've been looking into growing it bc it's the ol ladies favorite lol

Well I have a few ideas of what I'm going to be doing next but nothing is set in stone yet.. Main priority is the upgrades and getting things sealed up, just not sure how long that will take, hopefully within the next month if not 2.. Then I'm going to look at making some DWC buckets and see how that fairs out with wanting to get down to only 4 plants at any given time.

You could use the new little veg tent with those little led panels for seedlings/clones and the first couple weeks of veg I'm sure. Not really sure how powerful they would be for actually vegging a plant to maturity. Worth a try though, I have seen some of them cheap lights work ok.

Lol, my wife don't really smoke it at all anymore.. When we first got together I could get her to more often, before we had kids lol Your gf sounds like me except it's usually a pipe or joint in my hand, nothing for me to go through an oz in 2 weeks. This harvest likely wont last long if I end up making butter or canna caps.. :drool:

That WW could certainly take longer than the other, it's for sure a different phenotype. It could also surprise you in a couple weeks and buds will blow up, who knows. That's the problem with all of these polyhybrids that are made these days, it's all done so fast that some of the breeders aren't taking the time to carefully select certain phenotypes and breed out the oddballs that don't really produce either quality or quantity. That is why I am getting some solid old school genetics on my next order.

Well, like I said I'd try my best to help ya out. Thanks for the kind words though!
Yes, the PK was a pretty decent plant and buds grew nicely, I believe I overfed it though with to much nitrogen during flowering, this was a grow that I didn't even journal at the time. And I only have grown 1 of them which was from Crop King Seeds, they are a sponsor here at 420 Mag. Was a good mellowed out stone, mostly indica. Was a cross of Cali Purple Kush and Original Kush so they say.

Back
Top Bottom