First Ever Grow - Auto White Widow x Auto Candy Cane

Hey guys how is everybody? I watered my baby's tonight but they are looking a little rough down low. Flowering is starting and I don't want to fuck anything up. I have them half strength nutes and half strength cal mag. I just need a little help to see if anything is growing different. I've got a few leaves with water but they look very small down low. Please help lol
420-magazine-mobile17145196.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2120960698.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1601392329.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1166087689.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1909152924.jpg

I've just been looking to that answer for forever lol. Everybody says some defoliation is good but not where to pick at lol. Im trying to keep it minimal bc they are autos but the low ones are dead and in the medium
Yeah It is a bias opinion I think.

I think it makes sense to defoil just before preflowe. Or preflower latest. But I'll tuck as many as I can. But also cut and leaves That are dead at bottom of plants and remove any lower bud branches that Wil be a waste of time trying to produce due to poor lighting down low. It's a weed in head now I got the jysk of it I'll just expierment more now with girls til I'll am happy enough.

Happy and healthy growing.. .

Again this is just my opinion it doesn't make it accurate some may Dis agree. But the way I see it if it works then sweet live and learn. Keep up the good work sir..

Do y'all recommend a scrog set up and if so which ones? I've seen where people prefer the ones with smaller 3 inch holes. They have a 5x15 on Amazon. I have a 4x4 tent so I'm thinking that will be perfect
Scrog always is better for more yield.

You can still use that garden twist-tie like wire if you want, just make sure you loop it around the branch loosely. I haven't had any issues with it digging in and I use it regularly to hold up and tie branches to my bamboo sticks. I have even used it to train back branches when I didn't have any of the thicker garden wire.

I haven't really looked into different types and brands of scrogs.. I have thought about using one but I grow to many different strains right now to bother trying, they all grow different lol.. Maybe a mini-scrog for each plant would work for me, but I think I would want to build them myself, it's likely cheaper. You can just use some 1" pvc pipe and fittings to make your frame then drill small screws every 2-3" all the way around and use them to attach your wire/twine to. Would be easy to rig up a stand to it if needed. Just a thought to try and save money :)
My thing is how do you keep the pvc piping secured to tent poles?

Hell yeah man I live in the south so I can do some redneck engineering . I still appreciate all your help these babies would be dead if not for you lol. Im so happy they are flowering. I see multiple bud sites too. I've just been bending some of the big branches out of the way. I need to set me up a new grate like holder for watering. What I got is too big
420-magazine-mobile592823437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile140857102.jpg
420-magazine-mobile151549041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1963949280.jpg
I also have tied with this green twist tie stuff. Will tie a bigger longer branch to a smaller one . My next grow in fall I'm getting really creative. Until then I'm taking notes. Lol

Yeah It is a bias opinion I think.

I think it makes sense to defoil just before preflowe. Or preflower latest. But I'll tuck as many as I can. But also cut and leaves That are dead at bottom of plants and remove any lower bud branches that Wil be a waste of time trying to produce due to poor lighting down low. It's a weed in head now I got the jysk of it I'll just expierment more now with girls til I'll am happy enough.

Happy and healthy growing.. .

Again this is just my opinion it doesn't make it accurate some may Dis agree. But the way I see it if it works then sweet live and learn. Keep up the good work sir..
Yeah I've been picking off the dead leaves just seems to make sense to get rid of them. I think I want phenos next time so I can be more dominatrix on them haha. I'm just scared to stunt these autos lol

Yeah it will be easy to make one. I've been in construction for 20 years. I'm just wandering how tall I should make it
Hmm I heard 10-18 inches from seed pot top. But Def will see if I can help get the answer for you

Alright fellas is day 47 and everything is going pretty good. I did come home today and my big ww was bone dry, and my cc has been showing signs of nute burn or cal deficiency. I watered all the big ones with half strength nutes and full cal mag and have the cc quarter strength nutes. Hopefully I didn't stunt them. I'm keeping my ph right at 5.8. I'm giving big bloom, small doses of grow big and Tiger bloom ff trio in case anybody forgot lol. Im so happy I have buds growing, never thought I would make it this far lol. If anybody has any advice for this flowering part I'm all ears lol. I threw in some extra pics

Ww #1
420-magazine-mobile1138259794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile132022041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158965091.jpg

Ww #2 the thirsty girl lol
420-magazine-mobile2100115087.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1467233935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile556780530.jpg

Cc #1
420-magazine-mobile772611491.jpg
420-magazine-mobile697454429.jpg

Cc#3 the finicky girl lol
420-magazine-mobile1711461387.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1387074132.jpg

How I got my set up now since my ww are so tall and I have my short cc on the left with the lower light
420-magazine-mobile1162138116.jpg

Alright fellas is day 47 and everything is going pretty good. I did come home today and my big ww was bone dry, and my cc has been showing signs of nute burn or cal deficiency. I watered all the big ones with half strength nutes and full cal mag and have the cc quarter strength nutes. Hopefully I didn't stunt them. I'm keeping my ph right at 5.8. I'm giving big bloom, small doses of grow big and Tiger bloom ff trio in case anybody forgot lol. Im so happy I have buds growing, never thought I would make it this far lol. If anybody has any advice for this flowering part I'm all ears lol. I threw in some extra pics

Ww #1
420-magazine-mobile1138259794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile132022041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158965091.jpg

Ww #2 the thirsty girl lol
420-magazine-mobile2100115087.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1467233935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile556780530.jpg

Cc #1
420-magazine-mobile772611491.jpg
420-magazine-mobile697454429.jpg

Cc#3 the finicky girl lol
420-magazine-mobile1711461387.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1387074132.jpg

How I got my set up now since my ww are so tall and I have my short cc on the left with the lower light
420-magazine-mobile1162138116.jpg
More cal mag buddy.

My thing is how do you keep the pvc piping secured to tent poles?

As thatdude said, hose clamps would work great. Or you could put legs on the scrog with a 3way 90 degree fitting on the corners of your scrog. Can even make them adjustable in height if you put a 3/4" pvc pipe inside a 1" pipe which is attached to the scrog, then use hose clamps or even drill holes and use thin wooden dowels to hold the legs in place at your desired height. You could even use the wooden dowel idea on your tent poles if you dont mind drilling small holes in them, and then just make the scrog to fit your tent.

Yeah it will be easy to make one. I've been in construction for 20 years. I'm just wandering how tall I should make it

Generally you want to be 8-10" above the soil. Adjustable would be the way to go to accommodate different plants, they all grow differently but they need to be trained in a manner more like my tutankhamon and kilimanjaro, topped and bent over.
SAM_5002.JPG
SAM_49991.JPG

Back
Top Bottom