First Ever Grow - Auto White Widow x Auto Candy Cane

What's up guys? Hope everybody had a great memorial day and remembered what and who it was about! Ooh rah. To the point now lol. My girls seem to be doing very good I neglected them this weekend bc had the ladies family in lol. I fed them half strength nutes today and added my new lights. Fuck these things are bushy lol. They seem about to flower. I just started my tiger bloom. They seem to not need much from me and doing great on their own lol. My babies are becoming teenaged and leaving the nest don't need their daddy except for food haha
420-magazine-mobile2045429942.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1730798140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1536326151.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741824635.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741713738.jpg

What's up guys? Hope everybody had a great memorial day and remembered what and who it was about! Ooh rah. To the point now lol. My girls seem to be doing very good I neglected them this weekend bc had the ladies family in lol. I fed them half strength nutes today and added my new lights. Fuck these things are bushy lol. They seem about to flower. I just started my tiger bloom. They seem to not need much from me and doing great on their own lol. My babies are becoming teenaged and leaving the nest don't need their daddy except for food haha
420-magazine-mobile2045429942.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1730798140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1536326151.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741824635.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1741713738.jpg
Noce get low get low lmao nice job bro!

Day 40. Well all my ladies are looking great. I'm in love with them. They are drinking alot of water. I'm watering them about every 2-3 days. When they start calling for it. My big guy is gonna have to be supported soon he has some thick heavy branches. I have some thick gauge wire I guess I can use as a splint. I'm starting to see where the buds are about to come in. Should start flowering next week. It seems like there isn't much for me today. Anything I need to do to get the yield up? They are really bushy so I'm hoping light is penetrating to the lower branches. I'm moving them around to get better angles of light
420-magazine-mobile1916986414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile125134758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1899354049.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2062191632.jpg
420-magazine-mobile229018965.jpg
420-magazine-mobile984748885.jpg

Day 40. Well all my ladies are looking great. I'm in love with them. They are drinking alot of water. I'm watering them about every 2-3 days. When they start calling for it. My big guy is gonna have to be supported soon he has some thick heavy branches. I have some thick gauge wire I guess I can use as a splint. I'm starting to see where the buds are about to come in. Should start flowering next week. It seems like there isn't much for me today. Anything I need to do to get the yield up? They are really bushy so I'm hoping light is penetrating to the lower branches. I'm moving them around to get better angles of light
420-magazine-mobile1916986414.jpg
420-magazine-mobile125134758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1899354049.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2062191632.jpg
420-magazine-mobile229018965.jpg
420-magazine-mobile984748885.jpg
Thick and heavy means good news bro..your killing it bud. . . .

Thanks my man. I'm trying I just hope everything keeps going smooth. I can't wait till next grow now. I think I'm ready for phenos lol. Hope my candy cane gets like yours
I think if you catch a good feeding for her she will make you happy buddy. Its xrazy they swell up on third to 5th week i find now got over drive an nute line in then day rain water flush. But seriously its nice an even. Only get better and better every grow.

I think if you catch a good feeding for her she will make you happy buddy. Its xrazy they swell up on third to 5th week i find now got over drive an nute line in then day rain water flush. But seriously its nice an even. Only get better and better every grow.
Hell yeah man that's what I like to hear lol. Few quick questions, when I pick the dead leaves towards the bottom of the plant should I pick them at the bottom of the leaf or pick the whole stem off? And I've been lazy watering lately, will nute burn have a real bad effect on my leaves? I'm just having trouble with how bushy they are right now

Hell yeah man that's what I like to hear lol. Few quick questions, when I pick the dead leaves towards the bottom of the plant should I pick them at the bottom of the leaf or pick the whole stem off? And I've been lazy watering lately, will nute burn have a real bad effect on my leaves? I'm just having trouble with how bushy they are right now
Just the leaves unless you want to lollypop them if thats the case find out info on when to lollypop .. you can if your about to go in preflower is wgen id assume to decide what branches you want to keep and wgat ones are so low and dinky throw it off. My thought anyways man.

Just the leaves unless you want to lollypop them if thats the case find out info on when to lollypop .. you can if your about to go in preflower is wgen id assume to decide what branches you want to keep and wgat ones are so low and dinky throw it off. My thought anyways man.
I've just been looking to that answer for forever lol. Everybody says some defoliation is good but not where to pick at lol. Im trying to keep it minimal bc they are autos but the low ones are dead and in the medium

Hey dude! Been a little while since I've been able to make it over here. The ladies are looking amazing now my friend! All it takes is patience with these finicky auto's lol I thought mine were never going to grow when I first tried them. Yours certainly have grown a lot before hitting the flower stretch, be prepared for them to keep growing a bit more! You're doing a great job all in all though, keep up the good work.

A good time to defoliate on photoperiod plants after switching to flower is roughly 3 weeks in, I used the same idea when I did my first auto's and it was fine. You can look back at my candy cane journal to find out when I did it, it's a fairly detailed journal. The one's you will really want to take off are the big fan leaves for sure and then any of the other ones with long stems that are blocking light to bud sites. If you're going to lollipop an auto then do it all at once, strip the lower 1/3 to 1/2 of growth off and just clip off the few long leaves on tops. A lot of peoples techniques are different though, this is just what I did :)

Hey dude! Been a little while since I've been able to make it over here. The ladies are looking amazing now my friend! All it takes is patience with these finicky auto's lol I thought mine were never going to grow when I first tried them. Yours certainly have grown a lot before hitting the flower stretch, be prepared for them to keep growing a bit more! You're doing a great job all in all though, keep up the good work.

A good time to defoliate on photoperiod plants after switching to flower is roughly 3 weeks in, I used the same idea when I did my first auto's and it was fine. You can look back at my candy cane journal to find out when I did it, it's a fairly detailed journal. The one's you will really want to take off are the big fan leaves for sure and then any of the other ones with long stems that are blocking light to bud sites. If you're going to lollipop an auto then do it all at once, strip the lower 1/3 to 1/2 of growth off and just clip off the few long leaves on tops. A lot of peoples techniques are different though, this is just what I did :)
Thanks man that means alot, I think they are doing awesome. Haven't had much nute burn and just upped them a little. I need to get light to the lower small branches. I don't have pipe cleaners but just garden twine like bread ties. Can I use like a metal wire or will it dig in to my stems? Ain't much for me to do that's about the only problem I have which I like I guess haha. Alright I'll check it out bc mine is alot more finicky than the ww
420-magazine-mobile1164079807.jpg

You can still use that garden twist-tie like wire if you want, just make sure you loop it around the branch loosely. I haven't had any issues with it digging in and I use it regularly to hold up and tie branches to my bamboo sticks. I have even used it to train back branches when I didn't have any of the thicker garden wire.

I haven't really looked into different types and brands of scrogs.. I have thought about using one but I grow to many different strains right now to bother trying, they all grow different lol.. Maybe a mini-scrog for each plant would work for me, but I think I would want to build them myself, it's likely cheaper. You can just use some 1" pvc pipe and fittings to make your frame then drill small screws every 2-3" all the way around and use them to attach your wire/twine to. Would be easy to rig up a stand to it if needed. Just a thought to try and save money :)

You can still use that garden twist-tie like wire if you want, just make sure you loop it around the branch loosely. I haven't had any issues with it digging in and I use it regularly to hold up and tie branches to my bamboo sticks. I have even used it to train back branches when I didn't have any of the thicker garden wire.

I haven't really looked into different types and brands of scrogs.. I have thought about using one but I grow to many different strains right now to bother trying, they all grow different lol.. Maybe a mini-scrog for each plant would work for me, but I think I would want to build them myself, it's likely cheaper. You can just use some 1" pvc pipe and fittings to make your frame then drill small screws every 2-3" all the way around and use them to attach your wire/twine to. Would be easy to rig up a stand to it if needed. Just a thought to try and save money :)
Yeah I thought about that too bc my candy canes are way shorter so I would have to do it the way you said. I have plenty of conduit so I should be able to do it for the cheap. I just want to get them bent enough to get light to the lower bud sites. Those new lights helped alot tho

Yup, conduit should do the trick.. Just need some 90 degree fittings, screws and some twine and you'll be set! Sometimes cheap is the way to go and it could be better or made the way you want it. I'd imagine them additional lights are helping for sure!

Yup, conduit should do the trick.. Just need some 90 degree fittings, screws and some twine and you'll be set! Sometimes cheap is the way to go and it could be better or made the way you want it. I'd imagine them additional lights are helping for sure!
Hell yeah man I live in the south so I can do some redneck engineering . I still appreciate all your help these babies would be dead if not for you lol. Im so happy they are flowering. I see multiple bud sites too. I've just been bending some of the big branches out of the way. I need to set me up a new grate like holder for watering. What I got is too big
420-magazine-mobile592823437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile140857102.jpg
420-magazine-mobile151549041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1963949280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom