First Grow Indoor & Outdoor Autoflower In Soil

Hey, Bill.
What does POTM mean?
Plant of the Month, the contests for monthly awards.
The trichomes are looking good. I must have been looking at the sugar leaves now when inspectuing the buds trichomes are mostly milky.
When can I expect her to be ready?
I think we decided pistils are good.
It's down to the tric's so you have to judge how much amber you want.
personally once pistils are done I chop and move on.
But I'm always in a hurry to get a new crop into the flower room.
Im checking trichomes daily. Its their dark period now I will take some photos in 3 hours and upload
Thanks Bill and no worries Bubba iS here to help. Hope you are doing good
PS: I bought the small “AC”. Don’t think it does a fantastic job but its still better than nothing.
Good those temps are worrisome.
I also installed a small 150 m3h intake with water tank for colder air with a ducting that leads to a balcony with fresher air.
Once I did that I had to turn lights off though cus I shut them down at 1pm.
I was fixing the floor fan cus there wasn’t enough space and I had to leave it outside and leave the tent slightly open but tried to block any light.
Is it bad to leave the bottom slightly open? I looked inside and it was very dark i couldnt see above the pots level, completely dark so they must be ok.
Any light shining on them can potentially interrupt their production of flowering hormone,
So be careful.
I gave my hygrometer a quick look and just 5 minutes later the temps went from 33 (i know I just had to donate blood and was missing for hours, I normally fix that by opening the tent every 2 hours and it was close to their dark period, temps usually raise around 1pm thats why I shut them off at 1pm till 5.But tempst went from 33 to 29 within minutes. With lights off I can expect temps to go down to 25-26? Will check in a couple of hours
Let's have a look at the tric's and we can figure out where things stand.
Hope your doing good today.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Plant of the Month, the contests for monthly awards.

I think we decided pistils are good.
It's down to the tric's so you have to judge how much amber you want.
personally once pistils are done I chop and move on.
But I'm always in a hurry to get a new crop into the flower room.

Good those temps are worrisome.

Any light shining on them can potentially interrupt their production of flowering hormone,
So be careful.

Let's have a look at the tric's and we can figure out where things stand.
Hope your doing good today.

Bill
Hey Bill, I went downstairs to turn the leds on and forgot my phone. Will take pics in a bit.
I checked trics again and they’re all milky, very little amber.
But I guess pictures are needed.
If you ask me I would chop her today but Trics are maybe 95% milky and 5% amber, I barely see some amber usually there is some on the buds that are closer to the leds
Ill just wait till I see more amber then I can take her to the dark room for 72hrs?
Will the trics she has now keep developing in the dark?
She has to be fed tomorrow too.. last time she had water+cal mag. Should I start giving her water only? I have seen you suggest feeding till chop and no flush
Ill post pics in a bit maybe then you can decide better
I checked my temps and they were not satisfying at all, especially RH
27 degrees and 65% RH (lights off during hottest hours) but i left my hygrometer underneath the portable AC and this could be the reason for high RH. It usually sits at 45-50% and never above 55%
I bumped my exhaust fan by 15%, left my tent somewhat open
I took the useless AC outside of my tent, that way it wont get fried by the leds and my RH went down to 55 in an instant once I opened the tent and took AC outside. Turning leds on definitely helped lower rh too..
I didn’t have long enough ducting but I bought 1 meter and now I am exhausting outside, I used to exhaust inside maybe thats why my temps were so high.
I also think that my hygrometer might be showing wrong temps because I highly doubt that 32 degrees temps... it didnt feel that hot at all
I got 5 of the sticky traps For hanginging and I have one In the opening, hopefully nothing gets in but I guess at this point temps are more important than bugs.
I rarely see some flying gnats i suppose or some small house flies but they can barely get in the tent now.
I also have 1 more sticky trap hanging inside the tent and 3 outside.

Hey Bill, I went downstairs to turn the leds on and forgot my phone. Will take pics in a bit.
I checked trics again and they’re all milky, very little amber.
But I guess pictures are needed.
Just to be on the safe side we should look at the tric's.
If you ask me I would chop her today but Trics are maybe 95% milky and 5% amber, I barely see some amber usually there is some on the buds that are closer to the leds
The ones closest to the LED's degrade the most.
Ill just wait till I see more amber then I can take her to the dark room for 72hrs?
Will the trics she has now keep developing in the dark?
Led light isn't good for tric's.
When you give her a dark period before chop the tric's swell to their max.
so when you chop they are full of of Dank Goodness. :rofl:
She has to be fed tomorrow too.. last time she had water+cal mag. Should I start giving her water only? I have seen you suggest feeding till chop and no flush
I run coco feed until chop never water.
Soil you have a choice of 3 things
1 - water as usual
2 - feed one last time
3 - skip it all together in favor of drying the buds faster
I like a long slow cure so personally I wouldn't pick 3 but this is your preference not mine. So 3 is your call depending of whether you think your buds are dry or not.
2 I think would just be wasting nutrients, unless you have some mixed already.
So I'd water her one last time then . When your ready into the dark.
l post pics in a bit maybe then you can decide better:thumb:
I checked my temps and they were not satisfying at all, especially RH
27 degrees and 65% RH (lights off during hottest hours) but i left my hygrometer underneath the portable AC and this could be the reason for high RH. It usually sits at 45-50% and never above 55%
I bumped my exhaust fan by 15%, left my tent somewhat open
I run a 6" extraction fan 24/7
I took the useless AC outside of my tent, that way it wont get fried by the leds and my RH went down to 55 in an instant once I opened the tent and took AC outside.
65 rh is a bit high, have you seen the VPD chart.
The a/c was it exhausted outside the tent?
They produce as much heat as cooling.
Turning leds on definitely helped lower rh too..
I didn’t have long enough ducting but I bought 1 meter and now I am exhausting outside, I used to exhaust inside maybe thats why my temps were so high.
Oops sorry, hehe.
Yes exhaust outside with a insulated flex pipe.
I also think that my hygrometer might be showing wrong temps because I highly doubt that 32 degrees temps... it didnt feel that hot at all
Get another thermometer in there we have to be sure.
I got 5 of the sticky traps For hanginging and I have one In the opening, hopefully nothing gets in but I guess at this point temps are more important than bugs.
I rarely see some flying gnats i suppose or some small house flies but they can barely get in the tent now.
I also have 1 more sticky trap hanging inside the tent and 3 outside.
They are good to have up all the time just incase.
Ok talk soon.

Bill

Hey Bubba and Bill!
Thanks for your replies.
I wanted to get some photos trough my microscope but its way too small.
I just woke up and first thing I do is check the tent.
Temps were 28 degrees which isn’t the best for night time but still not the worst I suppose.
I will just need to get a proper AC once I can afford it
I also found 1 small fan that ill add to my intake.
Will post pics in a bit

Hi Tin! Looks like Bill's giving you great advice, you realize you have to get your temps down and that's the first step.

What are you doing with Disney? That sounds interesting. Good luck!
Hey Bubba.
I had a kind of insignificant role in a Disney movie called “Young woman and the sea” you can read the story of Trudy Ederle, its quite inspiring
My gf sent the cast some photos of me and they asked me to play a reporter from new york. Filming took about a month but its done now

Hey Bubba.
I had a kind of insignificant role in a Disney movie called “Young woman and the sea” you can read the story of Trudy Ederle, its quite inspiring
My gf sent the cast some photos of me and they asked me to play a reporter from new york. Filming took about a month but its done now
I didn't know we were talking with a movie star lol! That sounds cool, I'll have to watch for the movie. Have a great day Tin!

Hey guys,
Yesterday I took a bud from the gorilla punch but the real gorilla not the lsd ..my purple plant is probably the lsd -25 :D
I left the bud ontop or my dimmer last night(7 hours ago) and smoked it this morning.
Was almost fully dried and had a nice smell but once grinded it started smelling amazing.. ive never smelled anything better but our cannabis here isnt the best so its probably mid quality for you but it smelled real good.
The other buds i took smelled nothing like weed -1 bud from pineapple express that has airy looking buds and 1 bud from another pineapple plant that has more density and both smelled like grass
But once dried they they became abit better but still not as good as the gorilla punch..
I decided to feed them one last time.
Trichomes were all looking milky and almost no amber yet but they look really close to me.
Maybe tomorrow I could give them plain water and once dry I take them out in the dark?
They dry out quite fast- 8L pots and 27-30 degrees dries them out pretty quick usually 3 days..
So maybe tomorrow or Monday I give them plain water one last time and once dry I take them in the dark?
I hope I didn’t screw up when I gave them nutes again. They just looked like they could go for a couple of more days before dark

3rd pic is pineapple express. Day 71

Sorry for the quality..
My phone died once I started taking photos and these are the only ones I took. I will upload better ones in an hour

09E95C13-C958-4143-B509-3D1099AA46D3.png

D61E73FC-A135-486A-8EE3-912AAD9BA672.jpeg

DE3B660A-BA82-41E2-B61F-960BFDA057CD.png

775D4D8F-545D-4398-A067-17F128EF231E.png

34790E49-293A-4270-8A7C-CBF567A0777C.png

Sorry Bill but I can’t crop them properly on my iphone.. I have to cut some of the plant out in order to remove the black borders..

Hey guys,
Yesterday I took a bud from the gorilla punch but the real gorilla not the lsd ..my purple plant is probably the lsd -25 :D
I left the bud ontop or my dimmer last night(7 hours ago) and smoked it this morning.
Was almost fully dried and had a nice smell but once grinded it started smelling amazing.. ive never smelled anything better but our cannabis here isnt the best so its probably mid quality for you but it smelled real good.
The other buds i took smelled nothing like weed -1 bud from pineapple express that has airy looking buds and 1 bud from another pineapple plant that has more density and both smelled like grass
But once dried they they became abit better but still not as good as the gorilla punch..
I decided to feed them one last time.
Trichomes were all looking milky and almost no amber yet but they look really close to me.
Maybe tomorrow I could give them plain water and once dry I take them out in the dark?
They dry out quite fast- 8L pots and 27-30 degrees dries them out pretty quick usually 3 days..
So maybe tomorrow or Monday I give them plain water one last time and once dry I take them in the dark?
I hope I didn’t screw up when I gave them nutes again. They just looked like they could go for a couple of more days before dark

3rd pic is pineapple express. Day 71

Sorry for the quality..
My phone died once I started taking photos and these are the only ones I took. I will upload better ones in an hour

09E95C13-C958-4143-B509-3D1099AA46D3.png

D61E73FC-A135-486A-8EE3-912AAD9BA672.jpeg

DE3B660A-BA82-41E2-B61F-960BFDA057CD.png

775D4D8F-545D-4398-A067-17F128EF231E.png

34790E49-293A-4270-8A7C-CBF567A0777C.png

Sorry Bill but I can’t crop them properly on my iphone.. I have to cut some of the plant out in order to remove the black borders..
It's all good Mucker, they still look great. :drool:

Bill

Morning Tin! I remember that feeling the first time I smelled the buds I was growing... you won't ever get anything that fresh from anywhere else. It's the best. After the harvest dry them as slowly as you can, but make sure the air around the buds is moving slowly to prevent bud rot and help with the dry. That grassy smell usually comes from drying too fast, it's normal for test buds. You're almost there :thumb:

Morning, everyone.
I will take a couple of plants out in the dark soon, maybe in a couple of days.
I gave them nutes yesterday and the 8L pots dry out pretty fast since the temps are high too.. My airflow shouldn’t be bad.
I currently have a small 100m3h intake but at least its blowing some cooler air from outside.
I have two monkey clip fans, 1 oscillating bigger fan and the cheap ac i recently bought. I Left an open gap and took the AC outside of the tent blowing in..
Last night temps were between 27-28 which is an improvement for me.
During the hottest hours though they go to 29 and even 30..
Lights off temps stay around 27.
So they’re getting 16 hours of 27-28 degrees and 8 hours sauna daily..
Can’t wait till I get myself all the stuff that I need and proper AC for my room.
I don’t have a drying tent but theres a nice “cooler” room
Last time I checked it was 25 degrees and 60% humidity.
I have a big fan thats going to move the air around my “drying” place but nothing to cool it. Hopefully it doesn’t go above 25 degrees but we will see..

I uploaded some pics
Pic 1: pineapple express 20L day 67
Pic:2 pineapple express 20L day 67
Pic3: pineapple express 10L day 73
Pic4: pineapple express 8L day 73
Pic5; gorilla punch 20L day 67
Pic 6: lsd-25 20L day 67 today i found two branches that were really bent down.. it needs support i guess but isnt it too late to do that? I tied two of the heaviest ones.

6DFB2837-281E-4D71-A478-196C934A1ED6.png

F81CD06F-83A4-4F59-B17C-0BD528591FDF.png

75D14D25-1108-432B-A57D-45686652B1F5.png

1FF164D2-594F-4E60-89CA-5818FC063272.png

9258EFFC-5072-4DCC-81DB-D8353048ED8E.png

8DBB677D-5405-44BC-8B66-F7E69E8774A6.png

Hi @Bill284 @BubbaKush909
I think my lsd-25 cant handle the weight of the buds? I found almost all big colas bent sideways and almost touching the soil. Two found support in my tent walls..
i could tie them to a bamboo stick but do i need to this late?
The LSD-25 stopped growing new hairs, I only saw a couple little ones but nothing like the rest of the plants who are still growing new white hairs
The plant is going outside the tent soon, maybe in a couple of days.

C3AF42B2-4394-40E3-B6E3-E62B81E1784F.png

Hi @Bill284 @BubbaKush909
I think my lsd-25 cant handle the weight of the buds? I found almost all big colas bent sideways and almost touching the soil. Two found support in my tent walls..
i could tie them to a bamboo stick but do i need to this late?
The LSD-25 stopped growing new hairs, I only saw a couple little ones but nothing like the rest of the plants who are still growing new white hairs
The plant is going outside the tent soon, maybe in a couple of days.

C3AF42B2-4394-40E3-B6E3-E62B81E1784F.png
Timber. :drool:

Bill

Timber. :drool:

Bill
Hey Bill, hope you are okay :)
Today I purchased a proper AC, technicians will arrive on Friday.
Just in time for my drying.. I wish I could have done it earlier but it doesn’t matter now they are still going to enjoy the colder temperatures.
I just checked them 10 minutes ago.
The LSD-25 (purple plant that I thought to be “Gorilla Punch”) stopped growing new hairs completely.
Trichomes are still cloudy/milky but I only see amber on the sugar leaves.
The high temperatures probably slowed their growth too much and impacted my yield but i will have it alot better for my next run.
Plants are probably going to need water tomorrow. I will give them plain phd water this time.
How long does it take for trichomes to start turning amber? I want to probably see 10% amber then ill cut it, eventhough its one of my few indica plants and maybe more amber would be better.. dont think I can wait that long though
Thanks Bill

I just wanna stop and thank you Stacey
Do Do Do Do
How sweet it is to be loved by you
Oooh sweet as sugar sometimes

Anyone ?

Guess who is coming out to play ?
Let's put our foot into it.
Cold nights be gone
Last Question I promise hehe

What Model is this ?

20220704_142327.jpg

The @Mars Hydro

Not the puppy

Happy Days are here again........

Bill

Do Do Do Do

Anyone ?

Cold nights be gone

What Model is this ?

20220704_142327.jpg

The @Mars Hydro

Not the puppy

Happy Days are here again........

Bill
Must be the mars hydro fc3000 :D

Anyone ?

Cold nights be gone

What Model is this
Must be the mars hydro fc3000 :D
Omg Tin I'm so sorry.
I ment to post that on Heaven's Shores. :rofl:
I accidentally posted it here.:Namaste:
I'm going to blame it on covid.
I've lost my cheese and can't even think straight.
I asked anyone who found it to let me know. Hehe

Stay safe:cool:
Bill

It’s all good Bill :D
Hope you find your cheese
I have alot of cleaning to do and also need to water my plants..
Technicians coming in two days to install the AC then hopefully no more heat issues.
The light is a beacon in the night.
Every bug in 5 miles is here looking for the light.
Thanks Tin.
Are you getting a minisplit with heat?

Bill

The light is a beacon in the night.
Every bug in 5 miles is here looking for the light.
Thanks Tin.
Are you getting a minisplit with heat?

Bill
Hey Bill, I saw the bugs in one of the pictures you posted haha, many bugs indeed
I am getting a mini split yes
2 more days and the plants will be happier than ever.. even if its too late at least my drying will be in proper conditions I hope

Back
Top Bottom