HonestGR's First Indoor Soil Grow 2018

What strain?

• Twisted Citrus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purple Candy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HonestGR

So, I will start this a touch early. Firstly I need to decide the strain I wish to use.... Suggestions?

I have approx 25 or so different strains, I would like to keep this to a single strain for simplicity reasons. It will be used for the following four (4) primary medical reasons.... I do understand the difference between Sativa/Indica and what it does. I Feel these issues will be treated with my narrowing of strains; not in the order listed.

Pain,
Severe Anxiety,
Severe Depression,
Insomnia

Of the strains I have, I have narrowed it down the the following: * They are all verified strains through breeders*

1) Twisted Citrus
2) Purple Candy
3) The Best (Blueberry x The Purps)
4) Jungle Wreck
5) Northern Lights

What are your thoughts? I plan on starting them on 3rd Oct via paper towel / heat mat method after soaking them for 24 hrs.

The following is be my setup (I already have 99.99% of this)

Indoor/Soil

7 Gallon Buckets (Solo cups or similar will be used to start, transplanted into)
Soil - Debating one that I can get locally, mixed with perlite. (Undecided the mix, or if it comes premixed) (**IT WILL NOT BE MIRACLE GROW**)

Watering

Full Technaflora line up. Starting at 1/8 strength when the plants are 3 weeks info "full" veg mode. I figure there will be enough nutrients in the soil to get them to minimal of that stage, probably a lot further. 0 nutes prior. After the switch I will give the plants 1/4 flowering nutrients. They will be flooded and given time to dry out. *This will all be adjusted if any problems arise.*

Lighting *Air Cooled Room*

2x Mars Hydro 144's + Ratchets
1x No-name blurple (Supposedly a 1200w, 10w diode) - Measures out to approx 300W actual draw. (I will remeasure this to confirm)

Tent/Exhaust

5x5x7 Quictent *I need to invest in 2x monkey fans*
6" Inch 460 CFM Fusion Breath Inline Fan *Variable speed*
6" x 16" Carbon Filter 304 CFM (Max)

Extras *I do not need A/C* (I have two A/C's in the house; Door is left open. Cold falls, Winter I need to worry about heat.)

1x Small heater for the room, Located at the intake.
1x small dehumidifier for the room the tent is in. *Can drop the room to 35% RH*

Harvesting/Other

1x Shears for large cutting
2x Clippers (Fine cuttings)
1x Jewelers loop
1x Drying rack
Many Mason Jars ( Will hold 1 to 1 1/2 Oz per jar)
20x Bodeva 8gr 62% humidipacks
2x RH monitors
Too many labels for plants
1x Colloidal silver set up (Fem seeds)
Multiple pest diversion "chemicals" (can't think of the name)
I made a DIY cloner for just prior to flowering. ($40 CAD)
1x CloneX solution
1x Soil monitor (Light/pH/water)
1x Bluelab pH pen
1x Digital Timer
1x DIY c02 bottle set up
1x Freezer to save all the sugar leaves for later processing.
2x fans in the tent itself running 24/7
1x Freezer converted to drying "room" complete with a DIY filter (I will not need this), 2x computer fans.

I am sure I missed some small things, but overall this is what I have.
I appreciate any feed back of items that I am missing / should look into.

I will be upgrading this system soon with a 4x8x7 tent w/ 2x Mars Hydro Mars II 900's with a full hydroponic system. Or at least adding it if my wife gets her license to grow.

My first update will come the day the seeds are germinating. I will leave as much info as I can including pictures as I go.

This will be my first grow since 2006-2008. It is vastly different than a gorilla grow! So I am sure I will need some help along the way!

I hope you join in my adventure!

-HonestGR

Good list of stuff, good planning too.What ever you end up picking should be a great grow! :popcorn:

Ok, so an update:

I have gone with Happy frog soil.
7 Gallon Containers.
I will have clones on Wednesday. (Blue Hawaiian)

They vary in size, but will work. I think buddy is also giving me their mother.

I will post pics when I get them situated into their new home!

So 3 clones, 1 mother to sum up. I will be asking him to clone one additional to spray with colloidal silver to herm it for seed purposes on a single plant. (That's the goal anyhow!)

I will be using the Scrog method to fill the tent with as much as I can. I will defoliate any really bushy areas, and just prior to to the flowering switch I will be doing the lollipop and a defoliate to allow more light though.

Here is my first picture. Slightly late, i understand it is led lighting. So it may not appear the best. Buddy gave me the mother (clone from his last group) and 3 clones. They were in rough shape when I got them.... I let them veg a little and starting to manifold them now. I left a few leaves on to see if it will boost the recovery time. Just waiting for 2 shoots to be long enough to start tieing down.

The mother I have decided to let grow and just bend it. I have defoilated her as the middle was very very leafy, I want to ensure airflow.

I have added the 1200w blurple fot addition lighting. It did not come with a recommended light hight, so I have it slightly higher than the mars 144s.

Ill update again shortly!:)

Attachments

• 20181031_154004.jpg
    20181031_154004.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 172
Took this yesterday, lights are on, but I figured I would alternate between lights on/off pictures. The clones are flourishing.

I have been feeding them 1/2 the recommended nutrients of the recommended technaflora nutrients since I am using F.F.

My goal is to keep them growing as flat as possible to fill the tent, let them go for a few weeks after filled before switching to the 12/12 lights.

I am really liking the Mars Hydro 144's i purchased! (@SmokeSara )

I also have that 1200w blurple.

Everything looks healthy, I hope to keep it this way! :D

Attachments

• 20181108_195130.jpg
    20181108_195130.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 148
So a few photos, could anyone indicate what the issue is with the small amount of browning in the one with multiple coloured circles. I "may" have gotten some water/nutes on it at one point, but I want to confirm nothing serious.

Appologies for the purple picture. Overall seem to be doing well, some sizes atm.

Attachments

• 20181116_195427(1).jpg
    20181116_195427(1).jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 20181116_195419.jpg
    20181116_195419.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 20181116_195949.jpg
    20181116_195949.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 20181116_200002.jpg
    20181116_200002.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20181116_200013.jpg
    20181116_200013.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 154
So a few photos, could anyone indicate what the issue is with the small amount of browning in the one with multiple coloured circles. I "may" have gotten some water/nutes on it at one point, but I want to confirm nothing serious.

Appologies for the purple picture. Overall seem to be doing well, some sizes atm.
Plants are looking healthy. About the leaf with the marks. Get a magnifying glass,scope, what have you. Look at the bottom of the leaf. Look for bugs, eggs, and poop.

Back
Top Bottom