First Grow - Indoor/Outdoor Soil Experiment

RSTree

Hey everyone! I've been lurking here gathering info the last few weeks preparing for this first ever grow. Basically what I'm going for here is just an experiment to see what I can do with a low budget, and some good old fashioned "KISS" mentality and common sense.

Growing all in soil, seeds are from Nirvana - I ordered feminized Blue Mystic autos as I've heard these are pretty hardy plants for beginners. 4 plants are legal where I live, so I decided to try 2 Blue Mystics indoors in a small grow box I made, and 2 "freebie" seeds I got with my order - which will be going outdoors in buckets eventually. Lights are CFLs. Anyway here is where I'm at so far. Germinated all 4 seeds with the paper towel method, they sprouted quickly and for the most part are going great so far. The 2 freebies blew past the BMs early on, the BMs are growing slowly but surely, but one is a little on the "runt" side.

Day 3:
01-3_days_4-6-16.jpg

I had humidity domes over them for the first week, but have been slowly giving them more "open air" time each day and they seem to be doing well without them now. (Note the Blue Mystic "runt" in the front left)

Day 6:
02-6_days_4-10-16.jpg

I'll be checking back in as they progress so stay tuned!

Roughly 2 weeks in and the 2 freebie seeds are growing like crazy! I'm glad I chose these 2 as the outdoor plants before they even sprouted. They're putting the blue mystics to shame which are still chugging along slowly but surely, albeit about 1/3 the size of these. I ended up transplanting the freebies into their final containers, gave them their first feeding as well (Using Alaska Fish Fertilizer - very diluted about 1/8th strength)
03-2_Weeks_4-16-16.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'm back after a little bit of a disaster! Not long after my last update one of my cats broke into my indoor grow box. I woke up and found both of my blue mystics had been completely eaten, and the majority of one of the freebie seed plants as well (with the remains puked up a few feet away as the culprit lay contentedly sprawled out on the floor), the last one was untouched.

So in picking up where I left off, with a little bit of a gap to where I'm at now...

One of the freebie plants at 19 days:

04-19_Days.JPG

Sometime after this I planted one directly in the ground with the intent of letting that one go natural, and planted the other partially cat chewed plant (Thinking it wouldnt survive) in its final pot. Surprisingly the little one bounced back even after having most of its growth chewed off about a month in! Heres the one in the gound at 2 months:

5-23-16.JPG

Fast forward to today and heres where I'm at! As you can see the one in the ground is growing like crazy, I havent measured but its over 4 feet tall already (I also topped this one a few weeks back - I didnt want it to get too much taller than the wall where it could be seen by nosy people going by)

6-17-16_2.JPG

And heres where the little guy in the pot is, just after I finished tying it up...

6-17-16_1.JPG

Basically I just let them do their thing, water and feed them with my Alaska fish fertilizer and wait! We'll see where they end up...

Back
Top Bottom