First Grow

No problemo bro. I suggest you find a journal you like and copy them! That’s how I started.... be careful who you take advice from. In the past couple of months it seems like a lot of newbs learned everything there is to know. Lol. And want to tell you what to do. Recipe for disaster listening to some of these fools. That said, there are a lot of great growers on here that grow some killer nuggets that we all can learn from.

See if the leafs are going slightly yellow at this stage, what would you guys recommend is the problem? Over feeding maybe? If I was to get little pots and carefully put them into that today would that help? I feel like I’ve over fed them because of the size of pots I started in. If I put them into small pots and just gave them water for a few days would that help? Or still add nutrients to the water?

See if I’m wanting to keep my medium moist, can I soak it with water alone or should I always have nutrients in the water? Also, a friend is starting a grow today. He was asking if he should always put some cal-mag in his water as our water is soft with little to no calcium and magnesium. Or should he only add it if the plants show deficiencies? I was thinking if he adds it to begin with then it may not show deficiencies at all. I didn’t add it to mine and some yellow started appearing so I added some a couple days ago. We were wondering to prevent his showing deficiencies would it be safe to add it in at the very beginning of his grow?

Hey guys, so my friend is starting a grow but is wondering if he should add cal-mag each time he waters. Our water is soft with little to no calcium and magnesium. My plants started showing signs of yellow until I added Epsom Salts. We are wondering if he should add cal-mag from the beginning or only if they start showing deficiencies?

Before you plant seeds, wash new coco with +|- 200ppm nutrient solution of CaMg. Your nutrients have all the micronutrients needed in them. Your feed schedule below: Personally, I would use 1/4 of that. You’re worried about feeding a seedling that doesn’t need to eat. All your seedling needs right now is environment. Pics?

B4FFA6C6-D794-4B1C-85EF-9A0AFF146A54.jpeg

Hey guys, I was wondering what yous would suggest I use to get my humidity up in my grow tent? I have the temp at 26.6 degrees but humidity is a bit low. Would a dehumidifier help increase it or will it only decrease it?

Hey guys, I was wondering what yous would suggest I use to get my humidity up in my grow tent? I have the temp at 26.6 degrees but humidity is a bit low. Would a dehumidifier help increase it or will it only decrease it?

you answered your own question.

what is the ppm of the water you are using and do you know what is in it ?

if on RO or other neutral water source it is advisable to use cal-mag at every feed. most simply incorporate it in to their feed schedule. :)

Look into a “swamp cooler”. For a handful of environments, they’re awesome. It lowers the temp/RH spread. I live in high plains desert and get by with low RH (30% winter, 50% summer). Those numbers obviously drop inside my tent with the slightly warmer environment. I don’t run my swamp cooler because I dont have the luxury of being home everyday and I don’t do mould. Otherwise, it would be perfect. I deal with the dry and minimal problems that come with it.

Thank for the quick reply dudes. I stay in the Scottish Highlands and out tap water doesn’t contain calcium/magnesium so I add calmag to every feed. I’ve been putting 0.5ml per litre of water and my ph is 6. Is there anything else yous would suggest? Would you guys have the carbon filter running now? I’m still in veg and read that it doesn’t necessarily need to be on until the flowering stage. Would yous agree with that? I’ve got 2 fans running and also the inline fan too.

if your are in coco you are a bit high in ph. coco defaults to hydro ph - 5.8

i dunno what you are using for cal-mag but it sounds right for seedlings as a ball park. mine calls for about the same.
also check your nutes to confirm if there is cal-mag present in the base nutes. that will alter what you require.

Yeah it’s coco I’m using so you recommend I drop down to 5.8? I use canna a&b nutrients and canna calmag too. I’ll double check if there’s any calmag in the nutes but I don’t think there is as they were showing signs of calmag deficiencies until I used canna calmag

yes. 5.8 is default ph in coco.
there won't be cal-mag in the main base nutes if they are selling you a cal-mag supplement as part of the package.

also what are you calling a cal-mag def ? your statement about adding then seeing a def after is confusing.

Cool I’ll change it to 5.8. Sorry I wasn’t clear enough about cal deficiencies. Basically I was noticed all the leafs going yellow which I know can be a number of things but I came to figure out it was calmag deficiencies so got some calmag and the leafs are all nice and green now

ok. everything sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
stay the course and enjoy the trip. :)

Back
Top Bottom