First indoor grow! Any advice helps

Thisgirllovesweed

420 Member
What’s up guys I’m happy to be joining this community an getting any advice I can. I’m doing my first indoor grow for fun and my use only I’m tired of spending money when I can do it myself lol.. I’m starting from seeds I happen to find in buds so I put them babies in water an set them in a damp paper towel. The next day which was April 1st they happen to sprout so I put them in organic soil put them under basic house lights until my new led lights arrived in the mail which I had to wait a week.
51385424-59D0-4FD0-B00D-743C4F4F5762.jpeg

here she is after 1 week. I know she’s stretching I just didn’t have the right lights!
Today is April 14th, 2020 an my lights finally arrived here is another update of my babies
83BF9CBE-EAA5-464A-93C7-A603C115BA36.jpeg

You can see the stretch in them. This is a clear photo so you can see the actual color of the leaves. Here is my new light set up I set for them
C19CC443-7EB2-4071-B027-240C0F708205.jpeg

I was wondering if I should have the light a little closer? But this is all I have for now like I said this is just for fun I’m no professional. This strain is SFV OG btw I’m sorry if I made it confusing I really don’t know how to use this website yet.. thank you for taking your time in reading this!! I will take any advice I can!! Thank you again C19CC443-7EB2-4071-B027-240C0F708205.jpeg

Hi man,
Your babies are looking so far, they did stretch a lot kinda like mine due to the lights not reaching on time.. 😢
May I ask what light you're using and what is the wattage?

PS: during vegetating you don't want the light to be too close to allow them to stretch a little, however if the light doesn't produce heat feel free to put it closer to your apexes.

Best of luck for this first grow, I'll stay tuned
Peace
:passitleft:

Hi man,
Your babies are looking so far, they did stretch a lot kinda like mine due to the lights not reaching on time.. 😢
May I ask what light you're using and what is the wattage?

PS: during vegetating you don't want the light to be too close to allow them to stretch a little, however if the light doesn't produce heat feel free to put it closer to your apexes.

Best of luck for this first grow, I'll stay tuned
Peace
:passitleft:
Did you mean to put good or bad in the first sentence? Aha but I just bought a 45 Watt led light from amazon for 30 bucks nothing fancy. I actually moved it a little closer like an inch so it’s all set, hoping I get better results now that they have the light! Thank you for the advice an taking your time to reach out! Well see where my plants take me from here :hookah:

Did you mean to put good or bad in the first sentence?

Hahaha yes, I meant they are looking GOOD my bad, one too many joints in :laughtwo:
Are you planing on using this light for the whole grow? I'll recommend you to invest a little more in lighting for better final results.
I was using the same light as you, just decided to invest into a mars hydro should be joining us soon

Hahaha yes, I meant they are looking GOOD my bad, one too many joints in :laughtwo:
Are you planing on using this light for the whole grow? I'll recommend you to invest a little more in lighting for better final results.
I was using the same light as you, just decided to invest into a mars hydro should be joining us soon
Okay good I was thinking bad, but that’s good to hear don’t worry I know the feeling! I might use it for my first grow not to sure yet. You think if I do use it for the whole grow they come out decent? If not I’ll have to really order some sooner.

What’s up guys I’m happy to be joining this community an getting any advice I can.
Welcome to the :420: community! I'm a novice grower too and I can tell you this forum is full of a lot of great people with lots of wisdom. Glad you are here to share your journey. I love your profile name BTW! Don't we all love weed?! Haaa haaa haaa

I'll be following along with your journal and if there is something I can offer from what I have learned, I will do my best to chime in for you.

With that said, that light won't be enough for all those plants to get them to have a decent harvest. Simply not powerful enough. I think you may be able to get away with that light for a month or so...maybe...and then the plants will outgrow that light's coverage area.

I'll recommend you to invest a little more in lighting for better final results.
100% agree!

I also completely understand being strapped with a tight budget. Make this light work for as long as you possibly can and start putting aside every penny you find and fight the urges to spend $ on other things and save for a light that will last you. Good luck and I'm stoked to follow your grow.

Blessings!

I might use it for my first grow not to sure yet. You think if I do use it for the whole grow they come out decent? If not I’ll have to really order some sooner.
I am pretty sure that using this light for the whole grow might impact your final yield, which you don't want.
I think for now, using this lamp will be fine, you should look into it cause definitely won't be enough for flowering stage. The mars hydro ts family have some nice lights. I got the ts600 for 79$ with nice reviews from growers with reasonable yield for the price.

mars hydro, I got the ts600 for 79$

I was looking at those and the SP series. I was thinking of getting a couple of those ts600 since my upcoming indoor grow space is so small. I figured these would be sufficient. How much coverage are you realistically getting with yours? Good enough for 2-3 plants?

How much coverage are you realistically getting with yours? Good enough for 2-3 plants?

Yea for sure enough for 2 with correct yield. This guy on youtube got 110g final yield on two plants which isn't bad but not the best. I haven't receive mine yet it's been in transit for the past week now, I think this virus thing is slowing down everything... I will use mine with 3 plants we'll see how it goes.

I was thinking of getting a couple of those ts600

If you can buy a couple then I will recommend to aim for higher wattage, I think the ts2000 is perfect for medium size grow (5+ plants)

Which do you prefer, Thisgirllovesweed.
Making that bastard Bezos richer or caring for your grow?
He has sacked some more employees for daring to speak out.

Welcome to 420mag.....That's quite honestly all I should say.
Lighting wise, there's a wealth of knowledge within 420mag from a whole range of good grower dudes.
Stay well
Stay safe
Mark.

Welcome to the :420: community! I'm a novice grower too and I can tell you this forum is full of a lot of great people with lots of wisdom. Glad you are here to share your journey. I love your profile name BTW! Don't we all love weed?! Haaa haaa haaa

I'll be following along with your journal and if there is something I can offer from what I have learned, I will do my best to chime in for you.

With that said, that light won't be enough for all those plants to get them to have a decent harvest. Simply not powerful enough. I think you may be able to get away with that light for a month or so...maybe...and then the plants will outgrow that light's coverage area.

100% agree!

I also completely understand being strapped with a tight budget. Make this light work for as long as you possibly can and start putting aside every penny you find and fight the urges to spend $ on other things and save for a light that will last you. Good luck and I'm stoked to follow your grow.

Blessings!
I appreciate the feed back you guys! I will most definitely look into a better light I want my girls to grow nice an strong. This light was just for me to get them under something a little better in the mean time while I can research what better lights to buy. Do I need a higher wattage? Thanks again for joining my journey. I hope to grow something nice for my first time.

What’s up guys I’m happy to be joining this community an getting any advice I can. I’m doing my first indoor grow for fun and my use only I’m tired of spending money when I can do it myself lol.. I’m starting from seeds I happen to find in buds so I put them babies in water an set them in a damp paper towel. The next day which was April 1st they happen to sprout so I put them in organic soil put them under basic house lights until my new led lights arrived in the mail which I had to wait a week.

here she is after 1 week. I know she’s stretching I just didn’t have the right lights!
Today is April 14th, 2020 an my lights finally arrived here is another update of my babies

You can see the stretch in them. This is a clear photo so you can see the actual color of the leaves. Here is my new light set up I set for them

I was wondering if I should have the light a little closer? But this is all I have for now like I said this is just for fun I’m no professional. This strain is SFV OG btw I’m sorry if I made it confusing I really don’t know how to use this website yet.. thank you for taking your time in reading this!! I will take any advice I can!! Thank you again C19CC443-7EB2-4071-B027-240C0F708205.jpeg
What’s up guys here’s a mini update on my plants at a week an 5 days I’ve had a huge improvement on the lights an the stretching stopped a lot. Hopefully whatever I’m doing is good and I get good results!
04C56D91-C403-461C-8B5D-7818E0D217D9.jpeg

0A0901F9-CC9D-4940-A9FD-AC59813C413D.jpeg

Here she is almost two weeks in since I last posted I’m loving the outcome!
CB670A4E-5691-4F6C-BB78-5D645E69A009.jpeg

I was probably gonna wait a few days or maybe even another week until I do transplant. In person I think it’s still a little small i don’t know do you think I should transplant soon?

It's been about 26 days if I am right so the roots must have taken over their current pot.
You can just have a quick check how the roots are doing, but your babies seem to be taking their time so I am pretty sure you can still wait. :laughtwo:
Would recommend doing it at day 30+ depending on the progression of your roots.
Peace

Back
Top Bottom