First Grow! Coco Coir, Dinafem White Widow Auto, GHS The Church Triangle SeedsG13 x Blueberry Headband

I’m not gonna dump the girls I’ve already grown attached. I ordered those pots and watered with clean ph’d water gonna back off on the Nutes on the autoflower think she might be a little more sensitive. She’s showing some yellowing as well and it can’t be from a small container seeing as she’s in a 5 gal.

Trying to narrow down the possibilities I’m just happy to finally get my feet wet...... really hoping the led lights being too close was the culprit. oh well only time will tell.

@gr865 if I had of foresaw this grow I would’ve aimed towards a more coco oriented nute brand still deciding if I want to go dwc or not might throw a dwc bucket into the mix and do a comparison :).ive heard good things and bad about the Lucas method I might try it out I’ve been trying to adhere to this autoflower feed chart a buddy of mine swears by.

Maybe this schedule is depriving my 4 photos of what they need?? Hmm...the first matter at hand needs to be an up pot then I’ll go from there also bought some Epsom salts. I’d like some input on my final grow equipment too when the time comes!! Gonna go burn one in the name of the 420magfam. :ganjamon:

Got that transplant out the way!!! Here’s some pics
7D831BD6-0EAD-4947-BE7A-91F340F4257E.jpeg The girls I’m starting to fall in loveeee!!

Woo! Today was a good day just bought me some 3000k hlg550 lights and a tent thinking I should maybe keep the closet grow area as an auto flower room and the tent for photo.

should I just throw all the lights in the tent and go from there any experience with mixing blurple with Qi to supplement for the lack of uv? I think at the least I’ll keep the closet for a veg thinking about buying a single board to add to the closet.... any input or suggestions will be appreciated!!

depends on the size of your spaces. can always upgrade light etc as needed. otherwise, one for veg / clone and maybe auto, and other for flower or flower / auto.

Wanted to give ya guys a quick update. The new light is coming in on Monday I can’t wait for the most part the girls have been doing well. I topped 2 of the church plants they reacted well I don’t even think they went into shock the silica played a part in that I believe.

Well here’s some pics

4C8F0991-7109-4152-89EB-3366048790AA.jpeg -White widow auto she’s the beast of the group :)

23AA1A81-F3A4-4910-A042-51AC86CDD110.jpeg Church #1

93A32587-DDB8-4DAE-9885-E3ACC7CB065E.jpegChurch #2DD450C85-5FC5-48DC-800E-A81D74B19C84.jpegblueberry headband x g13

01A68623-B290-447D-83AC-C77805A36FD8.jpeg Church #3

New lights, so bright, new plant height, and I'm done...

I like your idea about photos and autos. I've been doing some thinking about my current grow space as well. I've got a full tent with all the accessories to go seed / clone to stone. And my other is very basic, 5 lights with a coupla fans, and a timer. I've decided that I'm going to run the photo's under my 3500K Timber and my two (CHEAP) 600 Watt LEDs. I just set up two plants Berry Bomb (10 gallon Soil) and Northern Lights (5 gallon) under a Scrog. I'm guessing another month and I'll be flipping those two.

I've got some other plants in the basic box right now, coupla clones of the Berry Bomb and a couple of the Northern Lights as well. And an Auto Kush I just started, she's 9 days from seed, forming up those 3's and the 5's are pushing out too. Once I've got my photos all moved into the flower tent then I can start running Autos full time and Photo's too. Now, how do I want to schedule my harvests... Perpetually of course!

I am also doing my first grow in coco and am loving every second of it!!
I also had a few issues with my plants early on as well...
I believe my initial issues were not properly letting the coco dry out enough after charging it which caused the young seedlings to become overwatered.
I seem to have things straightened out now and the girls are healthy if you would like to check it out you might find some helpful advice in there.
Happy growing!!

Yes!! @Agemon I’m truly digging your train of thought there. Perpetual is surely the way to go!! I wonder how hard it would be to get finished product every month and a half?Probably have a couple in all stages of life from seedling to cure wouldn’t ya think?

Sounds like you're also thinking about a Sea Of Green. You can set that up any way you want just depends on your available space. Autos are nice because once you get the timing you'll be able to harvest one a month, just start one every month until you've got at least three going and eventually you'll be harvesting one a month. Autos only take 3 months from sprout to stone, start on Day one and finish on day 90 give or take a couple...

As for a SOG with Photo's you may find that harder to accomplish unless you don't care about plant size. If you're like me I wait until the plants are the height I like and then flip. Larger grows may have time limits and you flip when you flip. I remember watching a video (VHS) about a Sea Of Green in a mobile home. They had it split into two rooms, one all stages of veg and the other all stages of flower. Whether you've got 12 plants or 120, if you have the spacing figured out you could run it.

Now the question is why not do that with Autos, you could learn as you grow, plant as many as you want, they're gonna give what you want in 3 months and then you start again. And... On top of all that, I've heard of, as well as seen, some BIG ASS AUTOS. Dutch Passion is supposed to have some real nice Autos too. I'm just getting into them so I'll be exploring that side of growing, but I love the Photo's cause at this point I can get more quantity but that takes more time. Gotta find that balance...

I've never tried the SOG per say, just always had plants going and they hit the flower tent whenever, the timer was always 12/12. The definition of perpetual, maybe...?

EDIT: Drying and curing is after chop and I don't figure that time in. In my experience dry and cure for me is a month. Where I live drying is around 3-5 days. Then the colas get chopped down and jarred with a 62% boveda pack, ideal for buds, but some people like less humidity. For reference cigars are kept at 58% humidity.

Basically if you're run autos then seed to cure would be closer to 4 months and that would mean you'll need to be running at least 4 autos at a time.

Kinda chatty today,

Happy Monday!

These hlg 550s are hot as hell. I had to invest in some proper ventilation gonna wait until then to update.They will be here in two days.

Yikes hit the 90s for like 2 minutes gave me a heart attack got the tent open for now and now temps are down to 78 still too high though. Does anyone have temps they like to keep for qbs? Any advice...should I like try to make a box for this heat sink and attach ducting and fan sucking hot air away like a air cooled hood?

I keep my tents in tbe mid to low 80’s. Ive hit 113 in my tent b4, theyll b ok. Put up some pics so we can see what you got for space and such.

When I had my first house I built a grow closet out of plywood painted it white lined up with florescence and got some H IDs from Home Depot. On the top i put exhaust fan for a bathroom on and Ran all ductin up through a hole in the ceiling in the closet. Save the cutout!

Here’s some pictures @Agemon Ive got a ac running too at this moment outside of tent. I bought 1 6”inline fan and 1 4” with ducting. I’m hoping all this with a mixture of an adjustable dual fan for the window will do the trick.

I really wanna be able to put her on full throttle but, only at about 75% power right now. Really stressing these temps hopefully they don’t react too badly to being in low 80’s.

I decided to put the WWauto and the headband in the tent and leave the 3 church girls in the closet. I’m really digging this autoflower might just end up doing sog wit a bunch of them when I finish up these photos or while I’m finishing them up.

E0FEFAC6-933F-4E28-AEC9-889ECFA9C64C.jpeg

C806F24E-5D56-4D86-8999-C7377C681BA0.jpeg

4570B278-9093-421B-9330-3F8C6656F6A4.jpeg

6353A7F9-FC06-4FE0-9500-7D7AD50618A7.jpeg

Now i know where the confusion came from... kinda tough to see whats going on there. Wider view? I worried for about a year about trying to keep my plants in the 70s and realize that my tents like to stay in the mid-80s and the plants don’t mind at all.

Back
Top Bottom