Looks like a great smoke to me!

So I was hoping to get the Mars hydro sp250 for my next grow but I might be quitting my job soon and will need a bit more budget friendly, also remembered I will be needing an exhaust and filter set-up/ air conditioning. I found a deal on this light on Amazon and saw nothing but great reviews... Was also hoping to pick up some new seeds but I guess I'm going to have to pop some raspberry cough photoperiods I have. 1200w but pulls 250 at the wall with veg and bloom switches. Puts me at about 510 watts from the wall with my Mars and viparepectra 300s. Thinking of doing 3 plants under 3 lights with the 1200 in the middle and about 12" higher than the 300s and rotate the plants around so one gets the 1200, the blue viparepectra and the red Mars. Sound like a decent plan?

Sound like a decent plan?
Sounds like a solid plan to me! I can't say iv'e seen the light model before, but if the reviews are good, you've got a warranty and it's within your budget i would go ahead with it if i were you brother! :ganjamon: Looking forward to the new grow!

Sounds like a solid plan to me! I can't say iv'e seen the light model before, but if the reviews are good, you've got a warranty and it's within your budget i would go ahead with it if i were you brother! :ganjamon: Looking forward to the new grow!
Thanks man! Yea never seen the light but par values are good and match with customer reviews. 90 day refund period and 36 month warranty I think, can't beat that! As for my next grow, won't be popping any seeds for at least 6 weeks. Currently looking for a new apartment/ house to rent that can better accommodate my growing

Good luck with the search for the new pozzy!

I'll post this here to keep the thread open as I wait for the cure/ smoke report. So as far as lighting goes for my next grow I will have the same viparspectra 300w as this grow and the 1200w light I showed previously. The Mars 300 I have I might be able to trade for this light. A claimed 600w but only pulls 105w from the wall. Hopefully the improvement in technology over the years makes it the superior light. The veg and bloom switch is a plus too when it comes to seedlings as I can use the 60w pull from the veg switch for a few weeks and save $on electricity.

105 watts is 105 watts and there's no magical formula that turns it into 600! If there was, all our electric bills would be much smaller :).

This chart is more important than the rest of what they tell you:
71jkWld1bHL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, if that IR actually works, be sure your eyes are well protected when you open the tent during lights on.
Yea after comparing charts I might keep the Mars, the wills has much less of a usuable foot print

Quick update today to make sure the thread stays active for the smoke report! Only maybe 7-10 days of curing until one of the jars hits the 1 month mark! Almost out of my stash so perfect timing lol.
Also pending some things out at work so I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around here. If I do, I'll be returning the new led I picked up and possibly jumping to HLG quantum boards!

Quick update today to make sure the thread stays active for the smoke report! Only maybe 7-10 days of curing until one of the jars hits the 1 month mark! Almost out of my stash so perfect timing lol.
Also pending some things out at work so I'm not sure if I'll be sticking around here. If I do, I'll be returning the new led I picked up and possibly jumping to HLG quantum boards!
You will be happy if you upgrade to QB’s. I can’t fault mine.

There will still be moisture in the core of that bud at 63%, and the dry crispy exterior sounds like it has cured properly. Congratulations!
Nice, I was scared because it felt more dry than most of the weed I usually smoke, I thought I was going to have to be hydrated with some lettuce or something. Thanks for letting me know everything's good emilya!

Sounds like your curing is going just right Barillaro! Looking forward to your smoke report.
Hope you decide to stick around, i enjoyed your journal and look forward to the next one! :thumb:

Sounds like your curing is going just right Barillaro! Looking forward to your smoke report.
Hope you decide to stick around, i enjoyed your journal and look forward to the next one! :thumb:
Thanks irie! Definitely sticking around, I'm going to need help keeping my plants alive in the next grow lol
Smoke report coming tonight or tomorrow :ganjamon:

final weigh in was today... 97.4 grams! Broke my goal of 3oz's with some wiggle room! Not to mention a few grams of the popcorn nugs were smoked already too
Also noticed some weird inconsistencies in the flower probably due to the phenotypes being different

One plants nugs have a sweet and spicy almost earthy smell with light cinnamon and pepper
I have the jar of popcorn nugs for this plant and it's smell is much more sweet than the larger nugs, almost like a berry syrup

The other with the more sativa like leaves has really wispy foxtailed buds that smell unmistakably earthy with almost a sour tail to finish.

I'll have to go more in depth tomorrow to better compare the two

Back
Top Bottom