First Indoor Grow! Newbie Looking For Advice!

Bdogg519

just planted 4 seeds after germination 4"s under 4 F40T12 fluro lights 2 (plant & aquarium) 2 (Natural Light) and 2 (300watt) construction halogen lights(i dont keep them running due to heat being just above 90 degress). i have purchased a 70 watt HPS light aswell just need a ballast to hold it. i am wondering since i just planted the seeds yesterday when should i notice plant growth and do i have enough lighting or the correct lighting. i can take pictures if needed :)

Re: First indoor grow! newbie looking for advice!!

First I would post all of your details of your grow including your soil mixutres, where the seeds come from...grow area and show us some photo's...

Next I would get rid of those 300w halogen lights, they are completely the wrong spectrum for growing plants, yes it is possible, but will you waste a ton of energy and get minimal results as well...yes... invest in light's with the proper spectum...

Here is the colors that plants use...called PAR....
article18-04.jpg

And this is what those 300W lights are putting out...

normal_Halogen_Spectrum_100_CRI_3000K.jpg

As you can see a halogen gives off a ton of light in the green/yellow area, which a plant hardly can use...but gives very little light in the blue/violet region that is very needed in plant growth... Invest in a HPS or MH light if you want to go HID light, or check out LED technology...

90 degrees without the halogen lights is also a problem... you should keep your temps in the 70's to lower 80's for best growth, 85+ is getting into the danger zone...

As far as seed germination, I personally have no experience with it, since I grow from clones, but there are many here who can help... what I would suggest is spend a few days reading around here and researching everything from water and PH, to lighting for plants, to soil and nutrients, and even spend some time in the grow room construction forum...learn as much as you can, and more will be willing to help...

Your first stop would be to start a grow journal, and format it like it is recommended, the more details you give us, the better we can suggest things to help you grow successfully!!

Best of luck and I'd love to see some pics!! :)
Welcome to 420magazine!!
you will find all the information you need to sucessfully grow, within these forums..

Hey bdogg... All those different lights are whack bro.....and halogens...yikes .... Those gotta go man....everything is more than well said by icemud....use your t12s for now and upgrade to t5 or I say mH and HpS...watch that heat my man...we all need lots of Info and pics amigo pics.....goodluck...:peace:

okay so far i have removed those halogens and replaced them with 2 more t12 plant lights and 1 75watt argo light. seeds have been in soil pucks for 2 days now and room temp has dropped from 95 to 78-82. running a 10" fan to help move fresh air from main room. i will try and get pictures up when i have found a cable to connect my camera. :) thanks for the information so far!!

i am curious on what types of soil is best when i decide to transplant them, and types of fertilizer i should consider trying. thanks guys ! and they are from random bagseed over the past couple years. so far 27 of them have germinated and the sprout is about 1/4", when should i plant the seed?

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom