First Journal - Super Silver Haze - Coco - Top Drip DTW - 600 Watt MH/HPS

Nothing much badger. Stayed up late last night and decided to chop them. And decided instead of using cheap totes as my waste res I'm going to get in contact with my uncle and want to build the floor out of plywood about 10inches deep and line it with something water proof. It will look better and I will be able to get the most out of the floor space. I'm about to go out for the day will post some pics when I get back home tonight.

Sorry I missed the update last night guys. A few friends showed up then a few more and it ended up being a party! Can't be messing with this stuff when company is over. Either way I work this whole weekend. I'll try to get on my desk top in the morning to upload some pics to this thread. But the white widow I chopped, looks like its been dipped in come kind of clear coat. So sticky and wet looking. Not fat at all and won't have a good dry weight but it sure does have the quality. And I started training 4 of the 5 coco SSH today. Gunna let the 5th one get a lil taller first. I'll get back with y'all with some pics soon.

sorry for the delay been hard at work, so i have started the cure on the white widow i chopped and weight was a disappointing 100 grams. but it is some really nice quality nugs. i also started 6 super skunk fem seeds and 3 days later all 6 has broke surface. super happy about that. they are 90% indica, the complete opposite of the SSH. well got yall some pics cant wait to get a nice camera so i can show you all the quality of the finished buds. but the phone will have to do for now.
IMG_20160129_033118_777.jpg

started training 1 day after they were under the MH.
IMG_20160129_171702_491.jpg

accidently broke a top off one plant while trying to bend it down.. owell
IMG_20160201_200036_182.jpg

here they are today
IMG_20160201_200110_338.jpg

and these are the 4 SSH in soil that just got put into flowering
IMG_20160129_033101_600.jpg

and here is a couple shots of the SSH in soil that i let grow naturally thats about 35 days into flower
IMG_20160129_033045_119.jpg

IMG_20160131_163935_450.jpg

IMG_20160201_073801_908.jpg

super skunk seedlings
IMG_20160201_200147_400.jpg

also i just started watering twice a day at 14ml grow 5ml calmag and 2.5ml silica blast. think im going to bump the grow down a lil maybe to 12 or 10ml once i set the watering system up and feed 3 times a day. also this coming weekend i will be building the tables for my tent they will be just high enough to were i can fit a short tote under there to catch the lil bit of run off i have from flushes and raise the pots up high enough so i dont have to worry about my water siphoning threw.

also i forgot to mention the other day i left for work and forgot to water the coco plants. thank god the ole lady was home and i had to send her very specific instructions on how to do the mix and pH. i only had her add the grow in and not the calmag and silica just to make it easier for her, and i think the following day i could actually tell on two of the plants that they missed that calmag, coco seems pretty responsive but what i seen could of possibly been her getting some of the water on the leaves or maybe they were a lil burnt looking from the transition from t8s to 600MH. either way it wasnt a big deal at all they are still happy.

Sound like you need to train up the wife, for those times when you can't be there yourself.

Funny you're disappointed by 100 grams. I was thrilled just the other day with 88 of one harvested from our first grow. Perspectives change so fast. What was a lot of pot to us 3 weeks ago is now stuff we brush off the table and vacuum up later.

Another couple of grows and my perspective will shift again I'm sure.

Sorry for the threadjack, just made me lol a bit when I read it.

:)

Its not that I'm dissapointed its just the fact my first grow from my first real set up gave me 150 grams. I think the only reason I was 50 grams short this time was because my 4.5 foot ssh plants made me raise my ups lamp way higher than the really short white widow. I didn't get my led in till the last week for them I think it really helped with trich production. But was to late to help fatten them up.

Hey there back 4 days later with an update, an man they have really started to shoot up. i have a feeling im gunna have a lot of training to do so they dont out grow my space.
this pic was from yesterday
IMG_20160205_143921_685.jpg

these pics are from today
IMG_20160205_212526_714.jpg

IMG_20160205_212741_874.jpg

these are the 4 SSH in soil that is going threw there stretch, an easy 7 inches in 5 days!! pic was taken yesterday morning as well
IMG_20160204_080012_054.jpg

on the coco SSH plants i have been watering two solo cups a day to each plant of 10ml grow, 5ml calmag, 2ml silica blast. ive also been having to raise my light every day i noticed the leaves were taco shape i read that means they are try to shade them selves, they have seemed much happier with the light a lil bit higher. tomorrow is the day that i build the floors for the tent and set up my watering system! ill keep yall updated!!

so i got the floors built today getting the rest of the watering system done now gotta run to the store to get some more power surges and extention cords.
framed it out of 2x4 treated
IMG_20160206_132705_942.jpg

i used plywood for the top we had it laying around and it gets covered by NRP white board which is completly plastic so i wasnt to picky about the top.
IMG_20160206_141848_423.jpg

the cut out in the square on the left is for my humidifier in the veg side. in this pic you can see how we made the plywood bow in towards the middle and the legs on back is half inch taller so the water runs towards the front in the middle to a drain hole.
IMG_20160206_141903_113.jpg

this is what the veg side looks like now. will be doing the flowering side when they wake up tonight.
IMG_20160206_174551_092.jpg

we also ripped 3/4 in strips out of treated and trimmed the top with it and sealed it with silicon. to make sure the water runs were i want it.

Go ahead arteekay! That's why I joined this forum an started a journal, to be helped and to help others. Just woke up never got the flowering side done cause I had a terrible migrain. I'll have to finish up tomorrow. O and the added lift from the tables made my small 97 gph sub pump not strong enough. So I'll have to go go the hydro shop tomorrow to pick up bigger pumps.

heres a quick update many new pics i had a freind come over with a better camera an help me install the floors. also went an got one pump for now to make sure it works and of coarse it did, its a 291gph and works great. well heres the pics of the water set up and also some pics of the super silver haze thats in soil some are 6 weeks into flower and some are 2 weeks into flower. the ones that are 6 weeks into flower are amazing and fat cant wait to see what they do in the next 4 weeks.
IMG_20160206_211316_271.jpg

IMG_20160208_040347_870.jpg

IMG_20160208_040241_887.jpg

IMG_20160208_040307_470.jpg

IMG_20160208_040526_213.jpg

IMG_20160208_040809_697.jpg

received_169639840075831.jpeg

received_169639496742532.jpeg

received_169639250075890.jpeg

received_169639756742506.jpeg

received_169639483409200.jpeg

received_169640066742475.jpeg

received_169639310075884.jpeg

heres the super skunk seedlings
IMG_20160208_040914_806.jpg

the floors is probably the best idea and addition i have done so far they make working on the plants so much easier and look very nice imo. i have the pump timer set up to kick on at 2pm for one minute (thats when the lights come on) and for another minute at 10pm. every thing looks exactly how i imagined it and is working properly, im worried about the coco plants out growing my space... may have to invest in an extra tent???:cheesygrinsmiley:

Whats happening cstump looks like you had a productive few days, that table came out top notch looks bad ass hoss, the fact you said it came out just like you imagined is even better im happy for you bud. Hey and those buds you have in flower look great, i just want to rip open your tent and squeeze those fat colas lol!!! Looking forward to watching those ladies swell up!!

Thanks Badger! I can't wait to see them swell either. My heart skips a beat every time I enter my grow room now an I love it. I am really debating on buy a 4x4 tent to use as veg and open the whole 4x8 up for flower. Since these coco growing so fast. Why not? It would cost me roughly 380$ for the tent an another 600watt light and to build another floor. An should double my yield every month. I say its a go, any thoughts on that?

Well I ordered the tent an light this morning. Lol. Should be here by Friday but damn I work this weekend. But anyways on the plant count thing I will actually still have about same amount of plants. They will just be less veg time and hopefully bigger. I plan to run 5-6 plants on each flowering side of the 4x8 and constantly have some started and going in the veg. So really its same count on plants but just another 600watts. Also I'm curious if u all think I can run 3 600watt lights a 280watt led, 90watt exhaust, humidifier, Then 3 tower fans off two breakers? My house is old but I think the electric up stairs is a lil more updated an its been updated from fuse box to breaker box. I don't think 3 600s will be a problem I just don't know a ton about that. I'm not going to update any electricals as I am getting a new home hopefully spring and don't want to sink anymore into this place. I'll just simply run a long heavy duty cord to a different outlet or something if needed for now.

Also I'm curious if u all think I can run 3 600watt lights a 280watt led, 90watt exhaust, humidifier, Then 3 tower fans off two breakers?

electrical is definitely something you should make sure is secure before running everything full out; there are members here who are very knowledgeable in this area and if you are concerned with you power draw and what is a safe load, i would suggest posting a new thread with your specific situation and concerns.

that being said, a basic rundown looks like this:

What we need to do is find your total current, in Amps - Amperage.

watts = amps x volts, therefor; amps = watts/volts

if we assume you're on 120v residential, then each 600W HID looks like this

600w = X (120v) | X = 600/120 | X = 5 | 600W @ 120v = 5A

so your HID pull ~5A@120V but actually pull more like 660W for 5.5A; I like to round up so lets make that 6A each.

600w HID = ~6A
600w HID = ~6A
600w HID = ~6A
280w LED = ~2A
090w FAN = ~1A

that puts us at ~21A

lets say your 3 fans each run at 120W for the sake of example which gives them 1A each, for a total of ~24A.

Now you need to know which breakers power which plugs. I turn off all my power and plug in lamps, switching one breaker at a time, testing each plug, to make a map. But if you know whats what, then thats even better. You just need to know about everything thats on those breakers and account for their amperage as well if you can't move them.

You're probably running 15, 20, or 30A breakers, and Its best to not run your breakers over 75-80% of their max current, for the same reasons you don't want to overload any other electronics, but when it comes to your house, we're talking potential fire hazard.

So you want to max your 15A breaker at 11-12A current, your 20A breaker at 15-16A current and your 30A breaker at 22-23A current.

now we need to split that 24A over 2 breakers, so if you're on 15A it might look like this:

HID@6A + HID@6A = 12A
HID@6A + LED@2A + FAN@1A + FAN@1A + FAN@1A + FAN@1A = 12A

This is cutting it pretty close for my liking, and i would find another breaker to either run the fans and dehumidifier off of OR, better yet, put each 600W HID on its own breaker, giving them all a nice cushion; however, 12A is still 80% of your max @ 15A but you don't want to go higher than that with a constant draw.

If you're on 20A, this is fine because you're well below the 15-16A max, and 30A even more so. You may have a combination of 15A and 20A like my place, in which case, you can adjust accordingly, just remember 75-80% max load.

i rounded up here and there for safety, but you can buy a "kill-a-watt" unit for like $40 at the hardware store or amazon or wherever, that will tell you how much you're drawing from the wall exactly; may be worth the investment to take the guess work out of things, especially if you're on 15A breakers with no chance of using a third.

anyways, i hope this helps you figure that out; its always better to be safe than sorry with electrical, so if you have any doubts i would encourage you to do your own research on what i've outlined or talk to someone more knowledgeable on the subject, however, this should do you fine if you're looking for an overview of your power consumption and limits and it seems as though you should be fine.

i tried to condense this as much as possible, but i didn't want to leave anything out - safety first.
if anyone wants to chime in on this and/or correct me on anything, please, don't hesitate.

:geek:

Back
Top Bottom