First & second grow: newbie grower

1nf3ct3d

420 Member
Hello
I am a noob grower, setting up my second grow (first one was about 11 years ago with a 250w hps in a closet...had 2 decent smokable big females and stopped for personal reasons after 1 crop

Now i am running a new attempt
Bought a 2x2x4 homebox tent...it is ok but had a few problems,vent holes are not light proof and i had to buy a special filters from another tent company and diy fitted them
It is ok for now
I am trying to stabilize temps
I have a 160cfm inline fan at the top of the tent extracting hot air outside the tent not yet connected to a carbon filter since i am in vegging and no need for odor control yet
If that fan runs 24/7 it gets too cold and dry...so i am trying to cycle it
Right bow it is on every 2 hours for 30 minuts but it is not ideal and temperatures are not steady
My home temp is about 20-27c
At first i had only a few cfls and i had heat problems
But i have leds and i have cold problems lol
Waiting for a fan speed controller i have ordered should take some time to arrive though... hoping this will end my vantillation problems...

I have a viparspectra actual power 134w vt300 model wich was probably a mistake buying after reading some more...but maybe if i will succeed in this setup i will buy a better light maybe COB led...and use that one just for veg in a different compartment.
I also have 2 units of small 4000k 50w(i think) cheap cob fixtures that i havn't installed yet thinking about adding to my tent and i would love to hear your opinions about it because i am a little confused from all the reading about different leds...
If i am correct they are 4000k and can be used mostly for veg but also flowering

I am hoping these 2 will work in my tent for now for a full plant cycle from veg to flower in addition to my viparspectra and some cfls i have in their but i am not sure...
I should have just bought 1 good system it is crowded and very hard to hang and control all of these in such a small space but u learn from mistakes i guess

I have 9 seedlings
2 of them are two weeks old and the rest 1 week
Just germenated lots of bagseeds trying to learn before i will think about buying good seeds and didn't expect for all of them to make it...but now i have 9 plants lol
Thinking about sog but i dont know if it is the right step in my case..still reading and studying this huge subject of cultivating

I am Growing them in a perlite vermiculite humus coco mixture soil witch is lightly fertilated i think
Gonna try to grow in it with biobuzz ferts and some homemade organic fert when needed

I have a small 12v fan blowing at the buttom not directly at them
I use a humidifier and some wet towles outside the tent to keep them moist
So far its going ok, besides the fact that i keep changing the equipment position trying to optimize the environment while having plants in their and not having enough time...
Not easy stuff in a 2x2x4 small tent killing my knees and back when i try to wirk on it but i am hoping it will be worth it having some good bud for me and my mother to smoke...

I am going to post some pictures later today of the setup
Hoping to get some ideas and tips and just share this attempt
Have a nice weekend!!!

Back
Top Bottom