First Time Grower - 300w CFL - Northern Lights Auto, Royal Cheese Auto

Yea right on man! I've read the same, 10% amber. I'm in coco, so my window to flush is a little less stringent as I understand it. I'm following a nutrient schedule from a website that I'm not sure I can mention(pm me if you want to know) but in that schedule, they call for two weeks of flush at the end. I plan to start flushing when I see all cloudy trichomes. But I'm impatient and ready to move on to the next grow haha

I think I know which site you're talking about, I've been reading every guide I could find before I planted and during the first month :laugh:.
I'm also planning to flush for 2 weeks if I manage, but there's a good chance I'll screw the timing up lol.

As for today's update...
Not much really, she just keeps on losing leaves. But while the buds look pretty much the same I did notice the outer, thinner branches bending more and more, so I'm guessing she's putting on some weight. Also tried to squeeze one today and seemed really dense :D
Ah, and the trichomes keep turning from glass to white, I even spotted an amber one yesterday but seemed to be the only one.

I think I know which site you're talking about, I've been reading every guide I could find before I planted and during the first month :laugh:.
I'm also planning to flush for 2 weeks if I manage, but there's a good chance I'll screw the timing up lol.

As for today's update...
Not much really, she just keeps on losing leaves. But while the buds look pretty much the same I did notice the outer, thinner branches bending more and more, so I'm guessing she's putting on some weight. Also tried to squeeze one today and seemed really dense :D
Ah, and the trichomes keep turning from glass to white, I even spotted an amber one yesterday but seemed to be the only one.

Yea me and you seem to be at the same stage right now. My super lemon haze has been milky all week. Still waiting to see an amber one. I gotta say, I had a sample bud and it was pretty decent stuff! That sample was pulled a week ago. Haze strains are slow to mature typically.

Looking forward to seeing your ladies soon!

Yea me and you seem to be at the same stage right now. My super lemon haze has been milky all week. Still waiting to see an amber one. I gotta say, I had a sample bud and it was pretty decent stuff! That sample was pulled a week ago. Haze strains are slow to mature typically.

Looking forward to seeing your ladies soon!

Yea, I looked at your journal and our plants' timing seems to be really close.
There's one branch dangling towards me everytime I open the grow box, begging to be cut :D Maybe I'll use that as a sample one of these days.

You did a GREAT job with the LST - really ended up with multiple colas without topping. Nicely done. I am working two autos that I decided to let grow without training and they are Christmas trees!

Thank you :) I actually had the opposite problem, oddly the main stem would remain shorter then the other branches, so I had to bend those. Very minimal stuff, but it seems to have worked.
My original plan was to LST a whole lot more, but she was naturally very bushy so I didn't feel like bending her.

Today's update:
More amber today! I counted 5-6 amber trichomes among all buds. Still an insignificant amount, be she's getting there. If there are at least 5-10% by the next watering then I'll start flushing. Now there are 80% or more milky trichomes, so she should be ready really soon (I keep saying that to myself every week but then she just keeps going lol).

Pics.
WP_20170612_23_16_38_Pro.jpg
WP_20170612_23_17_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20170612_23_17_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20170612_23_17_30_Pro.jpg

They're kinda blurry, sorry about that. I'll be sure to take some good pics before I cut her down.

Lots of amber trichomes now, maybe 10%-15% on the main colas. I've finally started flushing this week, last dose of nutes was last Saturday. If everything goes according to plan I'll chop her up next weekend (24th-25th).

I'll do an update with lots of pictures either this Sunday or before cutting her down.
And of course I'll also post the wet weight, dry weight and a smoke review in due time :)

Yea, she really turned out much better than I expected. I was aiming for an ounce before planting, so it was a pleasant surprise to see her grow so big :).
I squeezed a couple buds before cutting the light and they seemed really dense too. Admittedly I did squeeze very gently, but there was no give at all.

I kind of feel bad chopping her up lol, but I can't wait to smoke that shit :drool:.

Day 112 (from sprout).

Harvest day!
I finally chopped her up and put her to dry. It took four hours in total, probably due to my inexperience lol.
I decided to hang the branches so I couldn't get a wet weight. I'll weight her as soon as she's dried.

I never would have expected so much to be honest :) I'm overjoyed. I know this is very little for more advanced growers but my goal was 1oz and there's at least 2oz here, maybe more.

Anyway, weight and smoke review will come next week, can't wait :tokin:. I might also make a quick summary of the grow.
This journey is been a blast and I'll probably start another grow near the end of July.

Pics!
WP_20170624_16_07_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20170624_16_08_50_Pro.jpg

WP_20170624_16_09_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_17_51_01_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_18_05_50_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_18_35_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_20_32_32_Pro.jpg
WP_20170624_20_34_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20170624_20_36_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20170624_20_35_10_Pro.jpg

Alright, today the buds were dry enough to jar them. It only took 3 and a half days, but there were ~30c.
The final weight is 67g or 2.3oz! Considering I fully expected to kill the plant off withing the first few days I'm really happy :cheesygrinsmiley:.
Oh, and also 5g of trimmings that will probably turn into butter soon enough.

And now the real fun part begins, I'll post a smoke review in the coming days :tokin:.

Pics.
WP_20170628_13_56_57_Pro1.jpg
WP_20170628_13_56_46_Pro1.jpg

WP_20170628_14_02_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20170628_14_03_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20170628_14_03_23_Pro.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom