First Time Grower - First Time Journaling

Good afternoon fine gents and ladies! My Pineapple Express first grow ever is officially over . I did t get nearly as much as I wanted but I did get some primo smoking weed! This i the first bath of Pineapple Express gummies dosing in at 14mg thc per gummie. I will try them tonight but after spilling a small bit on my mold, I sort of kind of licked my fingers and I’m feeling nice right now.

C44FC35F-783A-41E6-A6AA-8F68EFAEA7CE.jpeg

EC87AA4F-8F63-43BF-86F7-55C44937791B.jpeg
Hi Lisa!
Would you care to share your recipe? Those gummies look tasty, and 14mg THC per is gonna hit the spot! I just made a batch of gummies yesterday but I think mine are only around 7mg per.

Hi Lisa!
Would you care to share your recipe? Those gummies look tasty, and 14mg THC per is gonna hit the spot! I just made a batch of gummies yesterday but I think mine are only around 7mg per.
Hey grateful this is my tweaked recipe for gummies..

1 c. Water separate in 1/2 cups.
11/4 oz. Gelatin (3-5 pkgs)
1/2 c. Cannabis oil
2 tsp lecithin
1 tsp. Potassium sorbate ( mold inhibitor)
3 ozs. Flavored jello
5 drops of lorans flavoring
1/4 c. Corn syrup

In a small bowl, add ½ cup of water Stir the unflavored gelatin into the liquid. This is called blooming the gelatin. The mixture will become very thick. Set aside.
  • Next, prepare a double boiler by putting one cup of water in the bottom pan. Add the top pan and place over medium-high heat. Once near boiling, turn the heat to low and let simmer.

• Add the cannabis oil (or cannabutter) and lecithin to the top of the double boiler. Allow butter or oil to melt as needed, and then whisk to incorporate. Leave over low heat while working on the next step.
  • In a separate small saucepan on the stove, add the remaining ½ cup of water . Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
  • Once boiling, add the mold inhibitor and the Jello packet to the hot liquid. Whisk well to dissolve. Turn off the heat.
  • Carefully and slowly, pour the Jello mixture into the double boiler that contains the melted oil (or cannabutter) and lecithin. Whisk consistently until all ingredients are incorporated.
  • Take the reserved bowl of bloomed gelatin and add it to the double boiler. Add corn syrup.
  • Add your desired amount for flavoring oil drops.
  • Whisk consistently for 10 minutes, ensuring no clumps form. This step is very important! I use a silicon whisk.
  • Working quickly, using a squeeze bottle, or dropper and add the gummy mixture to your gummy molds of choice.
  • Allow the filled molds to sit and set for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator before attempting to remove the gummies from the molds.
  • Carefully remove the gummies from the molds.
  • air drying, place the gummies in a single later on a wire baking rack. Allow the gummies to dry at room temperature for 24-72 hours, depending on your texture.
  • If you plan to add sugar and citric acid to your gummies, do so after they have been fully air-dried. Do not try to do this immediately after they come out of the molds, they will melt.
  • Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
  • *for the sour coating, I use 1/4 tsp. Citric acid to 1/4 c. Canna sugar. Yes I use canna sugar but the sugar is acidic and you don’t taste the marijuana.
  • **I have to say that I have made these with weed I did not grow and I always taste weed. This time I made them with my Pineapple Express and I have to say, I don’t taste the weed at all. Also I use MCT oil for the canna oil.
I hope you try the recipe and let me know what you think.

Hey grateful this is my tweaked recipe for gummies..

1 c. Water separate in 1/2 cups.
11/4 oz. Gelatin (3-5 pkgs)
1/2 c. Cannabis oil
2 tsp lecithin
1 tsp. Potassium sorbate ( mold inhibitor)
3 ozs. Flavored jello
5 drops of lorans flavoring
1/4 c. Corn syrup

In a small bowl, add ½ cup of water Stir the unflavored gelatin into the liquid. This is called blooming the gelatin. The mixture will become very thick. Set aside.
  • Next, prepare a double boiler by putting one cup of water in the bottom pan. Add the top pan and place over medium-high heat. Once near boiling, turn the heat to low and let simmer.

• Add the cannabis oil (or cannabutter) and lecithin to the top of the double boiler. Allow butter or oil to melt as needed, and then whisk to incorporate. Leave over low heat while working on the next step.
  • In a separate small saucepan on the stove, add the remaining ½ cup of water . Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
  • Once boiling, add the mold inhibitor and the Jello packet to the hot liquid. Whisk well to dissolve. Turn off the heat.
  • Carefully and slowly, pour the Jello mixture into the double boiler that contains the melted oil (or cannabutter) and lecithin. Whisk consistently until all ingredients are incorporated.
  • Take the reserved bowl of bloomed gelatin and add it to the double boiler. Add corn syrup.
  • Add your desired amount for flavoring oil drops.
  • Whisk consistently for 10 minutes, ensuring no clumps form. This step is very important! I use a silicon whisk.
  • Working quickly, using a squeeze bottle, or dropper and add the gummy mixture to your gummy molds of choice.
  • Allow the filled molds to sit and set for at least 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator before attempting to remove the gummies from the molds.
  • Carefully remove the gummies from the molds.
  • air drying, place the gummies in a single later on a wire baking rack. Allow the gummies to dry at room temperature for 24-72 hours, depending on your texture.
  • If you plan to add sugar and citric acid to your gummies, do so after they have been fully air-dried. Do not try to do this immediately after they come out of the molds, they will melt.
  • Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
  • *for the sour coating, I use 1/4 tsp. Citric acid to 1/4 c. Canna sugar. Yes I use canna sugar but the sugar is acidic and you don’t taste the marijuana.
  • **I have to say that I have made these with weed I did not grow and I always taste weed. This time I made them with my Pineapple Express and I have to say, I don’t taste the weed at all. Also I use MCT oil for the canna oil.
I hope you try the recipe and let me know what you think.
Thanks for sharing!
Sounds like your recipe produces a little sweeter, but a little firmer and more shelf stable gummies. I like it!

I have to be honest it’s less sweet that any gummies I have had and there is no marijuana taste. At least not to me. I used watermelon jello and raspberry drops. But yes a bit more chewy.
If you try ‘‘em let me know how it goes.

I have to be honest it’s less sweet that any gummies I have had and there is no marijuana taste. At least not to me. I used watermelon jello and raspberry drops. But yes a bit more chewy.
If you try ‘‘em let me know how it goes.
I like the idea of more gelatin to make them more firm. Does this also help being shelf stable? I've always kept mine in the fridge. I had one batch go moldy so I'm a little concerned about that. Each batch I make lasts me a little over a month.

Back
Top Bottom