First time grower here! Seems my plant has defied some serious laws of growing!

forrest king

STRAIN : ??? Deathstar OG or White Widow/Bubba Kush cross?? explained later!

AGE : Birthday Sept 13th (Vegged 2 1/2 months, and has been flowering near 3 weeks.)

ISSUES : Had to rebuild grow unit 3 times, moved the plant multiple times, disrupted the night and day cycle twice, and had to scrape some fungi off the stock which is now completely GONE after using incesticidal soap.
Everything has been almost flawless on the growing aspect, I had to trim it because it wanted to veggg sooo much it started to suffocate the lower part of the plant initiated the fungi growth. Hasn't shown any signs of stress...

I've been VERY VERY slow with everything, letting the plant go at it's own pace...

NUTRIENTS USED : (Veg) Heavy 16 Veggie Energy 1 tbl spoon per gallon, every 2 weeks or when medium's drying out all the way through! Jobes 30-10-10 Fertalizer Organic 1 tbl spoon. CAL MAG only 3 servings the whole grow minus the mollasses which is my source of cal mag through flowering... .
Microbials Heavy 16 , Also WHITE WIDOW genetic freak (150.00) Microbial Fungi mix ... Chelated IRON 10%,
DID NOT FLUSH OUT VEG nutrients, but plan to flush at the end before harvest. B-Vitamins liquid. PH raise up, PH down. I used to much Peat Moss in my soil mix so the PH tended to be a little high when drying out.

Flowering : SUPER BLOOM! 8-55-8 , Heavy 16 "FIRE" , Microbials ONLY first week!! Molasses for Cal Mag.

I don't know the strain yet, unfortunately my bag of seeds WASN'T marked and was a mix of ALBERT WALKER X DeathStar OG , and Bubba Kush.
I will add pictures of it as soon as the light comes back on in 6 hours... Sorry I know it's annoying but i'll give a description of what's going on ....

------- MY SETUP IS CRAZY CRAZY DIFFERENT -------
My plant is in a canopy OUTSIDE (it's about 20-30 degrees F*) it's also in 2 layered cardboard boxes, including 4 blankets around the box. inside I have the plant and my lights, but I should note that I have a 60 watt incandescent light inside NOT pointed on my plant but towards the fan. The fan is pointed at the wall along with the light to reflect both lights and air flow away from the plants to avoid stress.
I have grown my plant with cheap CFL's and a pretty Bad-@$$ High Powered LED spot light 5,000k , along with DUAL 7800k (yes believe it or not!) t-8 tube grow light. Hitting sales at Lowes, all together I spent only about 50 dollars for all the lights, for both vegging and flowering... I already had a couple 1000 lumen 2700k cfl's laying around which helped with costs.
For all i know about lighting, which is quite a bit, i'm honestly not seeing THAT big of a difference from flowering with FULL SPECTRUM and 2700k lighting? As far as CFL and LED vs HPS and MH - i'm sure there's quite a big of a difference when flowering multiple plants, but for just ONE plant - i'm starting to think it dosn't matter the spectrum or lummen count.

I have done things to my plant that SHOULD HAVE caused stress and herming - but it hasn't... Do people OVER protect their plants and spend far and away too much money on products?!?! I could grow 10 plants for under a couple hundred bucks..

Can anybody explain WHEN and HOW the THC is formed and at what point in the flower is it mature or ready?!?! Also, are the leaf's worth saving??? I rolled up a dried out leaf that was VERY sweet and fragrant, I smoked it and caught a head buzz... Why are the stems hollow?

If anybody has anything to add to my discoveries than let me know.

Re: First Time grower here!! Seems my plant has defied some serious laws of growing?!

:welcome:

As I am a new grower also, only 5 weeks in, I cant offer alot of advice just yet. That would be like the blind leading the blind. However, this site is so full of good info all you have to do is search and you will have more to read then you would like. Also, pics, pics and more pics. The more the better. One thing I have learned is that these plants are quite resilient and can take much abuse.

Good luck on your grow and be sure to post updates.

You can check out my grow in the link below

:bong:

Back
Top Bottom