First time joining a forum

cstump420

Hello everyone been reading post and a lot of grow journals on all forums and I've chose this one to join so I can learn and share info with all you great folks. I been growing for the past year, have made lots of mistakes from lack of research but now I think I have a slight hold on things, my set up consist of a 4x8x7 apollo horticulter tent that I split in half my self for a veg side and a flower side. I currently use a 4 ft, 4 bulb t8 shop light for seedlings, a 600watt dimmable mh for veg. I run a 600watt hps for flower and also just received my new mars hydro 120*5 I'm also going to use for flower in conjunction with my hps. I have a 440cfm exhaust for whole tent but have it set up to were I can control how much it takes from veg side and also have a variablespeed knob. I recently added a whole house humidifire to my veg room cause it was dropping to 15% humidity. Its been about 2 weeks since and my veg plants are looking happier at 55% humidity. Its probably also important that I state I do perpetual harvest. I have 4 different age groups at all times giving me a harvest every month. My first real harvest was last month and gave me a satisfying 5 ounces of the best smoke I've ever encountered. It was white widow from 420. I thought 5 ounces from a 600 watt hps was bad, but then I remembered those 5 plants was sharing that light with 5 other plants. So I think I got around .5 gpw. I was happy. I've been growing in ffof but my newest batch of super silver haze went into coco and settin up a dtw top drip system. It will consist of 4, 10 gallon resiviors, 4 small water pumps, and you get the rest, for each age of plants. I'm super excited about coco and my new led light. I will be running bonticare cns17 grow bloom and ripe. I also have some cal mag plus and silica blast, plus some super thrive. I've used 3 part formulas such as advanced pH perfect before I realised its no good for soil, and also general hydroponics. I'm interested in the cns17 because it suppose to be more complete and simpler to use. I'vebeen using tap if aanyone wants to convince me to invest into an ro system feel free to tell me why u think its better or why tap is fine if u feel I don't need it. I'm excited to be joing the forum and can't wait to do my first journal. I have 4 super silver haze that is being a pain cause they stretched like crazy and is 4 feet tall now. Way taller than my white widow was. Feel free to ask questions or give me and advice. May need help figuring out how to upload pictures. I'm not very advanced on phones/computers. Thank you again and will be looking forward to some feed back.

hello again sir stump
i use tap water,just let it set open at least 24 hours in case of high chlorines.
you seem to be quite the busy one, maybe you should start a journal.
doing a journal would get you more hits and much more support
i look forward to seeing your work

take care and good luck

Yes I quickly realized I didn't post my whole intro on the first one, took me a minute to figure it out. Lol but yes I always let it sit for a while first. I will try starting a journal soon I do work full time job so yes I'm always busy. I'm off this weekend so maybe I can spend a few hours at the computer an start up my journal an post some pics. Thank u yuyo for the welcome.

Well I have made it as far as uploading photots to my account but when I come to reply to my thread there is no "my photos" button on my reply box.

It's a two step process. First upload, then click the process tab. Go to your gallery and click upload...go to the bottom of the page and look for the process tab.

IMG_20151221_235455_492.jpg

been trying to get a new tower fan for my veg side like i have on my flower side but i cant find a fan anywere in the winter time! lol all i have left to do on my drip system is go purchase some totes for my run off. im going to be getting those 7inch deep ones that are 20inch by 40inch im going to support the lids to hold up my pots on top and put drain holes in it, it will also raise the plants higher than my res water so i do not have to worry about the pump turning off and the water syphoning threw. did i spell that right? owell. but my journal im going to be starting soon will be for my new super silver haze that is in coco. there first two weeks they were in ffof in solo cups then i decide to go coco and when i took them out of cups i worked the soil out of the roots and put into coco. its been about a week now and they have recovered nicely annd is growing well. i have giving them almost full strength nutes last couple days and they still look a little light so maybe i need to amp it up a lil bit. but more to come on that when i start my journal. cant wait to see what this coco has to offer for me.

My drying set up is actually just a 20$ clothes closet from Lowes and the hangers I have in it was I think $6 a piece on amazon. It works wonderfully and the racks rotate making it easy to check the buds out. Duct work could be easily attached if humidity or smell was a concern but i did not have no problems with that yet.

welcome!

I can say that i similarly checked out a number of sites and found this to be the best organized, most frequented, and most.. professional.. of them all; i have been nothing but pleased with my membership here.

been trying to get a new tower fan for my veg side like i have on my flower side but i cant find a fan anywere in the winter time!

this!! i can't believe how hard it is to find a small oscillating fan right now; luckily i made it work, but I'm waiting for the sun to come out again so i can get a decent tower fan as well!

great looking grow, thanks for sharing!

this!! i can't believe how hard it is to find a small oscillating fan right now; luckily i made it work, but I'm waiting for the sun to come out again so i can get a decent tower fan as well!

great looking grow, thanks for sharing!

Trying to buy any gardening supplies is harder as well, kept going to the local big box and finding Halloween and then Christmas sections instead of the usual summertime aisles.

Back
Top Bottom